Thread: 7.1 Surround sound question

Default 7.1 Surround sound question

Hi guys I just purchased a set of corsair 2100 7.1 headphones and the problem I am running into is if I set the headphones to 7.1 source for AOC i do not get any sound. This works when I do it for TSW world so I am wondering if AOC even supports 7.1...Anyone out there with these heaphones that has gotten the surround sound to work and if so what do I need to do in the corsair software to get it to work..Thanks

i havent used sound in aoc for years lol not sure :/

Doesn't work for any 7.1 i belive. No sound with Gamescon 780.

AoC supports 7.1 for me but dunno about 7.1 headphones. Those are connected with USB and come with their own soundcard and drivers so it may not work in some cases. Make sure your headphones are the default device in Windows Audio settings and try the different options in AoC (floating point, integer output etc)
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

I play in 5.1. Hey even the music are 5.1, only game I know that do that.
    Did you try to run it in 5.1 if it's possible ?
    Water is my bubble
    __________________________________________________ ____
    Religolibri (10) Ranger, trying something else
    Amtihotep (10) Hox, Using copy paste poss/gen feat

I'm pretty sure I got the 7.1 surround to work back when I used that headset. Been to long though so I don't remember if I had to do anything special. I would probably go over all the settings in both Aoc, the corsair control panel and the Windows Audio settings.

aoc music only has 5.1 channels, it should be mixed by software if you can output to 7.1
    Henryx Guardian
    Henryau Pom
    Henryz Barb
    Henryuki Hox
    Henryn Necro
    Crom
    - Henryx Age of Conan Youtube -
    - Henryx Age of Conan Blog -

I had a similar problem with mine. They use software to enable 7.1 and I don't get sound unless Conan is set to Stereo. I get 7.1 once I've done that.
    Drinn(BS), Septra(ToS), Maelmordha(DT), Prinn(Demo), Krinn(Sin), Grinn(G) plus many others....