Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I got a challenge to the developers

Default I got a challenge to the developers

I challenge the encounter designer to come on Fury on tuesday with a HoX or an assasin and kill 3 world bosses. Tell your boss it is research and do it during work hours if you must. It would be nice if you tell us when you have done that.

I challenge the loot table developer to try to get one of the rare world boss weapons/accessories on Fury. He does not need to get one , just give it his best efforts.

First challenge takes more than the amount of hours found in a normal work day, if you do it on Fury.

Second challenge, I'd like to hear how many of these 'rare' items that have dropped on Fury since the first World boss. This loot is almost none existant.

I thought the appeal of doing WBs on Fury was that it encourages world pvp, not getting quick loot for no effort. Besides, with the PvP items buff, surely even t1 gear that you can get extremely quickly is better than bloody t1-t2 gear?

As for the new WB items, you see people getting the rings fairly often, but the weapons are ridiculously rare. Been doing the WB for hours every day since Thursday, and don't recall seeing a single person posting that they got one in global in all that time, and that's on Crom with 5-8 instances running all the time.

IF you fight the worldboss you fight it because you want to kill it and get the loot. All the pvp and drama around it makes it exciting, but we want the loot from the boss too. If not we could just meet up in keshatta.

If the pve boss is not exciting and we do not get a decent reward vs time spent we will not do it and the pvp opportunity with it dies.

And we do pve on the pvp server. We need pve armor and atm we do not get enough kills to get more than a few t1 pieces for a week of boss killing.

I just wanted to make sure the devs also play the encounters they make on the pvp server.

Worldbosses were tested on PvP TL servers.
    The majority of testers were from Crom, tho.

But since we quickly observed that ffa pvp and gankers made the thing harder than it would be, we made raids and wb started to be killed fast. Except King of Winter which we needed GM help (it was before the nerf of Ice Prisons)

I think the true problem is the lack of cooperation of Furyans when the context should push you to cooperate until boss is dead and then disband the raid and fight.

But too much Pvpers looks only for free kills and ez fights. The second WB test event at Atzel showed that : one-sided ganks (mostly rangers/necros pewpewing on the ladders near Halls of Eternal Frosts) and almost nobody to kill the boss.
    Last edited by Bibik; 11th May 2014 at 09:48.

Well that was because that boss location wasn't suited at all for pvp server. Nobody could saved the people that was prisoned by the ice (most attack did damage to the guy inside) and we had to go through 3 minutes climb. Go up there, get prisoned often immediately. It was annoying as hell.
    Water is my bubble
    __________________________________________________ ____
    Religolibri (10) Ranger, trying something else
    Amtihotep (10) Hox, Using copy paste poss/gen feat

The whole thing should be handled a bit differently between server types.
    Actually i think the cooperation is greater on Fury compared to Crom (killed enough on both servers). And it is a challenge alone to get it down.
    Several factors influence this:
    - usually you have one raid of varying quality and with often members of rival guilds inside and outside
    - even if you get two or more raids going who want to kill the boss, they will inevitebly disturb and kill each other, even if the majority is using ranged weapons/spells...simply due to holy trinity mechanics
    - the location and ress point placement has far more influence on an open pvp server than on others
    - several classes are at an advantage both for killing the boss and ganking, thus limiting available flexibility and raid composition
    - the raids focusing the boss will do a lot less dps due to deployment of guards and fighting along the boss

All this leads to 30 minutes minimum, 1 hour in average and a few hours worst case for ONE boss kill. Compare this to a couple of boss kills in ten minutes on Crom, where you just gather 50+ people and bash the boss dead...without any cooperation required.

This problem will intensify with the second world boss cycle, since you hardly have new player influx on Fury. Already the interest and population doing the bosses at all is less and less with each boss. Would be nice, if there would be some thoughts put into it, if they don't want to merge servers and keep the event running.
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 11th May 2014 at 12:00.

Quote Originally Posted by hepp View Post
    I challenge the loot table developer to try to get one of the rare world boss weapons/accessories on Fury. He does not need to get one , just give it his best efforts.
    the rare accessories/weapons should not be part of loot table they should drop from t1-t3 to revitalize content.
    saw a lvl17 bearshaman get the blunt from wb with the lurker skins most likely the guy wont even lvl up to 80.
    have a guildie who did one flame lash and went afk when he came back with boss already dead he got the new hox sword!!!

its idiotic bosses like this trash drop way too good loot when proper raids like t1-t2-t3 could use this new loot as incentive to revisit them.

fury world bosses are just recruitment grounds for crom server anyways, at some point the new players trying to kill boss get tired and either leave game or come to crom.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

There is another issue: on Fury you can only hope for a t1 or maybe t2 item. You do not get enough kills that you can realisticly hope for something better. So for a lot of people that comes t1 and t2 is an upgrade and if there is more than 24 of these present the dps start going down.

But what I wanted with this thread was to get the encounter designer to come on fury and play it. There is 90+ knockbacks during a typical kill on Fury. Try to do it on a melee or healer with cloth and light armor while you are also avoiding friendly fire from people not in your raid trying to help out.

Quote Originally Posted by -tomhet- View Post
    its idiotic bosses like this trash drop way too good loot when proper raids like t1-t2-t3 could use this new loot as incentive to revisit them.
    This is inconceivable how the game developers ended up putting the world bosses on PVE servers... Level up to 16, gather a full T1/T2/T2.5 set in under 6 hours from the bosses. Level up to 30 in Kheshatta in two hours, use offline levels to get to 80. Delete the game.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast