Thread: Funcom needs public Advertising

Post Funcom needs public Advertising

This is just a suggestion. But a story to.

I check out the game section at local stores.
    Lady in her 50s is tired of world of war craft, did she check the
    net, no!

She went to target, I even wonder why when I got to these stores. I don't see simple plastic game cards for Time or even funcom points out for sale. We probably talking about a cheap piece of plastic that will advertise for age of conan.

So im standing there looking at games, and this older women ask me if I knew of any games anything new out.. I told her of many, and even Age of conan. An yes she said shed have to try aoc..

But the point of this all is funcom, get to advertisting your games. Other than Via internet and your players. Maybe you'll sell some Funcom point cards and make some money for it all.

Question

some time ago i opened a thread with a suggestion for a new membership system .
    On of my suggestions was a 1-time payment option for Aoc , which would grant access to all old world instances without having to sub. with this you could also bring back AoC discs to stores .
    but for some reason i dont understand the thread was deleted

AOC did not change with the times. The free to play system is too restrictive to the point that when you get to 80, you have a choice. quit or subscribe.

In the market of games available, AOC is just not a good value.

Quote Originally Posted by twinklez3 View Post
    The free to play system is too restrictive to the point that when you get to 80, you have a choice. quit or subscribe.
    You say playing through lvl's 1 to 80 is not enough time to figure out if you like the game or not? You can do dungeons and raids too at lv80. More than enough time and opportunity to make a choice.

Quote Originally Posted by twinklez3 View Post
    AOC did not change with the times. The free to play system is too restrictive to the point that when you get to 80, you have a choice. quit or subscribe.

In the market of games available, AOC is just not a good value.
    Please m8 come work for me 12h a day programming and some art too, no rest at nights when game breaking bug hits and ofc mandatory meetings about new areas created by You for them ! for next 6 months completely free Yes mate free, isn't it great do deliver so much for so many people around the world? The happiness of work done should provide food for you and your family for next decades, and most important - If you'r answer is No for any above then why you demand it from somebody else? why pay for content You ask? - well maybe because of those things I mentioned above, maybe because network connections and servers not run on air? If you can't get money for a game it's either - you're minor ( in 18-yo game), your lazy and expect other to pay for all you are getting, or just that type of customer that walks to a store and cries out loud that he has to spend penny for trolley. Talking about value of a game... not knowing the basics of any business *genius* .
    I agree it would be lot better to pay once for content but honestly you would like it once a year as extra 150E on your bill or to pay it over 10-12 months and keep the game alive a bit?
    Last edited by StaHoo; 8th May 2014 at 23:36.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellisia View Post
    This is just a suggestion. But a story to.

I check out the game section at local stores.
    Lady in her 50s is tired of world of war craft, did she check the
    net, no!

She went to target, I even wonder why when I got to these stores. I don't see simple plastic game cards for Time or even funcom points out for sale. We probably talking about a cheap piece of plastic that will advertise for age of conan.

So im standing there looking at games, and this older women ask me if I knew of any games anything new out.. I told her of many, and even Age of conan. An yes she said shed have to try aoc..

But the point of this all is funcom, get to advertisting your games. Other than Via internet and your players. Maybe you'll sell some Funcom point cards and make some money for it all.
    Funcom used to sell time cards for Age of Conan. Gamestop clearanced them out a few years back and I bought a bunch of them. But I don't see why they don't sell funcom points cards since they can be used in not just AoC but also TSW and I would assume their new lego game would be using them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by StaHoo View Post
    Please m8 come work for me 12h a day programming and some art too, no rest at nights when game breaking bug hits and ofc mandatory meetings about new areas created by You for them ! for next 6 months completely free Yes mate free, isn't it great do deliver so much for so many people around the world? The happiness of work done should provide food for you and your family for next decades, and most important - If you'r answer is No for any above then why you demand it from somebody else? why pay for content You ask? - well maybe because of those things I mentioned above, maybe because network connections and servers not run on air? If you can't get money for a game it's either - you're minor ( in 18-yo game), your lazy and expect other to pay for all you are getting, or just that type of customer that walks to a store and cries out loud that he has to spend penny for trolley. Talking about value of a game... not knowing the basics of any business *genius* .
    I agree it would be lot better to pay once for content but honestly you would like it once a year as extra 150E on your bill or to pay it over 10-12 months and keep the game alive a bit?
    I have no idea what you're rambling about. Look at the competition. Sub model games have regular content updates. Cash shop games have regular content updates.

AOC has both and when you look at the additions over the last few years, it's pathetic.

All mmos run on servers they pay for. Stop making excuses. The issue here is all profit and player goodwill was burned on the secret world.

advertizing costs money... funcom has none... close thread

Subs and FTP cash shops don't work, look at how successful lotro was and even they couldn't get it to work. I think that's the problem most people, maybe even twinkles, has. Paying subs are fine for most people but age of conan would be effectively abandoned if it weren't for dev and probably some other guy who cares. So why implement both when the model clearly showed problems before they put it into age of conan. I agree with twinkles, funcom a model on aoc unfortunately is still pay to play our game or find another.
    Anuhart
    Mysticblood
    Holyssmoke

Alienware Area 51 990x 4.30GHz
    Water-cooled Radeon R9 290X