Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Reason for Veterans to Kill WB?

There's one cloak which is absolute trash (the Amra's pride poor replica) and others 2 are mostly class-based. So you have kinda gained your main cloak at november boss.

The worst problem are the world bosses on Crom. There is no reason to touch it, as it is very straightforward and unsophisticated content; but you feel that you need the cloak. So you are stuck with nothing on Crom.
    Lucky Furians!
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticAsylumLA View Post
    The worst problem are the world bosses on Crom. There is no reason to touch it, as it is very straightforward and unsophisticated content; but you feel that you need the cloak. So you are stuck with nothing on Crom.
    Lucky Furians!
    Nothing wrong with straightforward and unsophisticated content. AoC has too little of that anyway - the focus on "hardcore" PvE content is one of the reasons it has become such a niche product.

The real issue is that the reward is way over the top when compared to the challenge. This gives people perverse incentives: to get the cloak, they absolutely "need" to get a kill on each and every alt within a rather limited time window, even if actually they would much rather do something else.

Without the quest, it would be nice casual content which can be done even while watching TV, or when alone in guild, or dead drunk.
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

I run all 18 of my alts once through wb then pick out one character to go for the purple drops. If I get a pet then I switch to another character. My goal is to get the hate rings and necklace on my guardian, or the 3.5 stuff on her.

But after the alt quest lines being done, its a lottery to try and get decent stuff while mindlessly grinding. More fun than doing quillins or faction farming imo.

For good geared tanks here is good rings and neck, but there is nothing interesting for full T4 mage
    P.S. Antihate PvE rings without Hit rating need nobody (+low damage and no crit)
    Kattas - 10.PvP, full T6 and full AA demo

I have one question: why do people who never kill world bosses will get no cloaks, while people who do not raid or do the most interesting HMs will get the most powerful cloaks?
    Effort and overcoming a great challenge should be rewarded, should they not?
    How do I get the HoX cloak with better statistics without engaging in the mindless (on Crom) activity?
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticAsylumLA View Post
    I have one question: why do people who never kill world bosses will get no cloaks, while people who do not raid or do the most interesting HMs will get the most powerful cloaks?
    You're looking at it the wrong way.

The cloaks aren't there to reward skill; they are there to reward player loyalty.
    Funcom gains nothing from you being the best player in the world; on the other hand, they gain money if you keep playing the game.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnusLL View Post
    You're looking at it the wrong way.

The cloaks aren't there to reward skill; they are there to reward player loyalty.
    Funcom gains nothing from you being the best player in the world; on the other hand, they gain money if you keep playing the game.
    Care to explain how does this applies to free to play players?

Quote Originally Posted by bulk View Post
    Even F2P use the cash shop from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by bulk View Post
    Why you think what everything in the game must allpy to F2P players? You can get something for free, and you can't get something for free. Like in real word. It's your decision pay or don't pay. And of course Funcom must care about customers in first place

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast