Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Reason for Veterans to Kill WB?

Ganking players, who are fighting WB, is not PvPing.

Player versus Player does for some mean "Player versus Busy Player"...but actually without the gankers it would be a bit boring, since hunting them gives lowlevels something to do except leeching too and it adds to awareness and tactics. Just bad, that this kind of "pvp" favors certain classes (both amongst defenders and attackers) only.

And when it turns into too much ganking, it stops being fun too. But here all parties are involved...

Apart from that veteran players can use it
    - to help friends
    - to help non-friends to advertise guild/self
    - to annoy enemies
    - to get the feeling of being part of a great lottery
    - to get the cloak reward at the end
    - to have fun by just playing in a rather full instance again
    - to find out the limits of connection/client/server tech by crashing, so they can pester funcom with feedback and thus help to improve the game
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 9th May 2014 at 11:39.

Quote Originally Posted by Mordorm View Post
    Ganking players, who are fighting WB, is not PvPing.
    It is, because the people left on Fury after the free transfers fight back.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Quote Originally Posted by kalston
    It is, because the people left on Fury after the free transfers fight back.
    just no,
    half the server doesnt even turn around to look when the get attacked from behind, they die and go back to the same place to hit the worldboss again or will go afk somewhere

anyhow, i do worldbosses for either pvp, or get some gear on my shitty barb

well ye im tierd of the current state of pvp on fury :|
    and that its basicly ONLY "pvp" left

and ye wb is kinda not worth it for vet's with t4 gear imo, only if ur after vanity or rp stuff :> or if u think ur lucky enough to get the really special epic lewtz.
    {CoE}
    Torhkir- Barb/Reyaz- Sin/Matary- Ranger/Tabaru- BS/Thyon- ToS/Korwix- PoM/Nyero- HoX/Abacuz- Demo/Waziira- Necro/Kaota- Guard/Stilats- Conq/Sacrosa- DT

The worst about WBs is that performance during the battle is not associated with the loot change. Is pathetic that if you tank 90% of one boss alone you could get worse loot than a slacker that hit one time the boss and went to the ress and waited.

BTW I'm usually the slacker.
    -> DT:Stiraqvcrn; Necro:Munyidora; ToS:Stiraqvaa; Guard:Stirameco; BS: Stiraqcanya, ...

If you see one Stira wipeing a group or a raid Its me

70% of WB farmers get legendary cape in december, and forget about WB after that. I can't imagine someone getting all 4 capes, and hardly imagine AoC surviving 4 years for such heroic effort

Quote Originally Posted by lmagowz View Post
    70% of WB farmers get legendary cape in december, and forget about WB after that. I can't imagine someone getting all 4 capes, and hardly imagine AoC surviving 4 years for such heroic effort
    After the cape quest is done, they'll probably go thru all 12 bosses again and give out a legendary necklace.

Quote Originally Posted by Texan615 View Post
    After the cape quest is done, they'll probably go thru all 12 bosses again and give out a legendary necklace.
    No, they do it again and again... 4 capes. Don't sure if Funcom exist enough time to get them all

Quote Originally Posted by lmagowz View Post
    No, they do it again and again... 4 capes. Don't sure if Funcom exist enough time to get them all
    No reason why they couldn't change the item - just add a new quest, with a different reward, and make the cape one not repeatable. The bosses can keep going - just killing each one can trigger a quest update, regardless of the quest. For some classes all 4 cloaks are not needed anyway.
    Yangrin | Yangbear | Krem | Marsheesh | Oforawesome | Pappalegba | Yangryn
    -------------------
    Age of Conan Wiki | Still waiting for Half Life 3 - FU Gabe Newell! / May 2014 Update! It's apparently been "worked on"!!!!! #Sarcasm | PvP approach: The 'Cup of Tea' stratagem. That upon finding myself in a PvP zone & being attacked, I get up, walk away from the keyboard and go and make a cup of tea.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast