Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Suggestions for GD letter April

Default Suggestions for GD letter April

In stead of the usual topic we see every month around this time (wai not GD letter yet, wai!?) I thought we could have a more constructive discussion of what we would like to see in this months letter.
    It worked last month insofar that we got some info we wanted and Nusquam even responded to some ppl.
    I hope we can try and share what we want to hear so we can get some good info again.
    Last month all the negativity scared Nusquam off and I don't know if he read the topic after that so please try to refrain from that in this topic and channel your rage about what we do or do not get somewhere else.
    Thank you.

Last month we heard about patch 4.2, what kinds of raids/dungeons slithering chaos/Cetriss will be, about the pvp quests and events and a quick update on the crafting revamp.

Personally in this months letter I would like to see some of these points:

- Unchained minis -> are they still being worked on or did they get scraped?
    - Hyborean race -> cancelled after negative response from PvP community or just postponed?
    - Dragon spine minimap -> WIP or postponed too?
    - Crafting zones -> A long time ago we got a topic to give input what we wanted to do with them after the crafting revamp. Any decisions made on this front?
    - Cetriss -> will it be released like T4 (a few bosses at a time) to make the wait easier?
    - Any info on the mysterious 'we are changing the way how we look at the tier system and therefore the loot' ? Will the gear be a power increase and how will this affect PvP?
    - Achievement system
    - Cross server tech (eg. stage 3 of the servermerges)
    - New AAs as mentioned in a long-forgotten 'your voice' somewhere. Or will there maybe come another way to spend our overflowing AApoints.
    - Will any of the new (pvp) content be for premium members only?
    - When can we expect the T3-T4 weapons/accessories vendors?

I would like to add one extra point not sure if this would fit in GD letter:
    * Small bugfixes -> I don't think they will take a lot of work. (it worked on some point so the correct code is there somewhere)
    - Lootbug
    - Resbug
    - Renown on Crom
    The first two are superannoying and should have been fixed long ago already imo.

ps. Wow, this list got longer then I expected :o
    Last edited by Caudilloo; 26th April 2014 at 11:49.

I hope Nusquam reads this before the tidal wave of whining comes pouring in. There actually are a bunch of people that want constructive dialog about this game and not just complaints. Very good post Caudiloo

I would like some news about the achievement system.

Nice thread. I hope Nusquam will read this thread on time, we're the 26 already.
    -
    Fun fact : Not actually the same guy as the player named "Jaedelyia" in-game. Never though I would one day encounter a guy with the same nickname as this one.

Very good post, Caudilloo.

One suggestion (@ Nusquam): If you feel the GD letter is not the right place to give answers to this questions, a lot of players would appreciate it if you would find another way to discuss these topics elsewhere.

I think Caudillo realy nailed it here, in a very civilised way I hope this thread stays clean and continues to be that constructive.

I would like any information Bylos can provide at all regarding the possibility of new race/class combinations being available in the future, since most of the restrictions make no sense, and it will have no effect on game balance whatsoever.

Particularly it makes no sense that Cimmerians can't be assassins when notable AoC NPC Keaira clearly is one (and we're even get her mini-pet next patch, labeled "Cimmerian Assassin"), and that Stygians and Khitans can't have soldier classes. What are the Last Legion and the Dark Legion if not soldiers? What are the myriad caravan/town/excavation guards we see in Stygia, as well as the no-doubt considerable off-screen armies of king Cteiphon, if not soldiers?

Stygians and Khitans having access to barbarians would also make sense lorewise. We know that Stygia isn't just inhabited by civilized nobles, cowed commoners and scheming sorcerers; there are also desert raiders, slave revolts and savage tribes who could easily number barbarians. Likewise, Khitai is also home to Hyrkanians, half-Hyrkanians and bandits like the wolves - similarly uncivilized groups.

I'd even argue that Aquilonian and Cimmerian sorcerors would make sense, even if those societies despise magic. Plenty of Aquilonian nobles play with magic, the Destiny quest NPC is a mystic, as is Zelata, and Aquilonians seem to be descended partly from Acheronians. Cimmeria is chock full of haunted ruins and graveyards, Cimmerians are descended from the sorcerous Atlanteans, are intertwined with the magic-using Aesir and Vanir etc.

Basically, end the discrimination! Cimmerian Assassins today!

EDIT: Seems I was a bit hasty in my fervor. Obviously Khitans have guardians and templars, so it would just be about adding conquerors. Also, priests are really the exception to this argument; an Aquilonian Tempest of Set would be silly of course.
    Last edited by Greyloins; 28th April 2014 at 06:40.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyloins View Post
    I would like any information Bylos can provide at all regarding the possibility of new race/class combinations being available in the future, since most of the restrictions make no sense, and it will have no effect on game balance whatsoever.

Particularly it makes no sense that Cimmerians can't be assassins when notable AoC NPC Keaira clearly is one (and we're even get her mini-pet next patch, labeled "Cimmerian Assassin"), and that Stygians and Khitans can't have soldier classes. What are the Last Legion and the Dark Legion if not soldiers? What are the myriad caravan/town/excavation guards we see in Stygia, as well as the no-doubt considerable off-screen armies of king Cteiphon, if not soldiers?

Stygians and Khitans having access to barbarians would also make sense lorewise. We know that Stygia isn't just inhabited by civilized nobles, cowed commoners and scheming sorcerers; there are also desert raiders, slave revolts and savage tribes who could easily number barbarians. Likewise, Khitai is also home to Hyrkanians, half-Hyrkanians and bandits like the wolves - similarly uncivilized groups.

I'd even argue that Aquilonian and Cimmerian sorcerors would make sense, even if those societies despise magic. Plenty of Aquilonian nobles play with magic, the Destiny quest NPC is a mystic, as is Zelata, and Aquilonians seem to be descended partly from Acheronians. Cimmeria is chock full of haunted ruins and graveyards, Cimmerians are descended from the sorcerous Atlanteans, are intertwined with the magic-using Aesir and Vanir etc.

Basically, end the discrimination! Cimmerian Assassins today!
    Khitans can be Guardian. I have one.

Quote Originally Posted by soloper View Post
    Khitans can be Guardian. I have one.
    Dark Templars too.

Guessing the race/class designations were an arbitrary design decision to spread the wealth(classes) around and not have every class available to every race.

It obviously make more sense for class like Tempest of Set or Priest of Mitra (priest in general, for what it worth), but I agree some restrictions seems dumb. No Stygian soldier ? Really ? They should at least have Dark Templar or guard.
    -
    Fun fact : Not actually the same guy as the player named "Jaedelyia" in-game. Never though I would one day encounter a guy with the same nickname as this one.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast