Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Free transfers with PvP patch

Quote Originally Posted by Sarhal View Post
    In 90% of times the open world pvp is simple ganking
    I'm sure that's an accurate state based on extended data. But can't help myself mentionning these numbers don't make sense to me, considering the experience i've had in open-world.

When Fury had quite okie population, a big couple of pvp freaks who been ganking turned casual players away from Fury, and imo this was one of main reasons of Fury becoming a ghost town later on. So somehow they got what they deserved.
    That's because on Fury the sense of community was ****ed up. Big guilds hosting PvP players didn't give a damn about what their players did as long as the guild was efficient. And smaller guilds weren't very often better. They gather together merely by convenience. It was more convenient to be in a guild to access Raids, hard modes and mini-games than otherwise. But the community sucked. People got use to play solo.

It was the bulk of the talks we had with friends when passing from our french server to Fury. While our little Rp-PvP server was all about pride and cohesion. Fury was all about efficience, wanting everything and know ! It was not more populated than fury these days i believe. But hell, guilds at least meant something.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Chaman-bourru View Post
    Killing each others gets old.
    killing players never gets old especialy when you do a fatality on them <3.

And that's bori all at once ! You've got areas to protect, you've got a cargo to convey.. Nevertheless, for those who wanted to fight there, it provided quantity of fun.
    in aquilonia pvp-rp server we had guild cities to protect, was almost a sport to trophy screenshot enemy guildies reputed players killed in their guild cities.
    guildies to protect or avenge and sworn enemies to brutaly destroy, all of wich didnt involve any rock/tree farming

Spontaneous PvP doesn't happen.
    it did often on aquilonia sprant by pure guild hatred, had some realy good fights in commons district at some point sometimes we had 3 raids fighting eachother even stupid guards ended dead with sheer aoe.
    and actualy on crom all it takes is go with a few friend on cimmerian end and shout some idiotic stuff on global to get a fight started in ce, again no rock farming involved

Peuh ! You only consider stalking and griefing. No sence of nuance. The world isn't black and white...
    on fury it is: your red your dead, there is nothing more to it.
    on aquilonia often going around ganking ended up in either huge fights or some unexpected rp with you ending up part of some ongoing elaborate rp plot.
    in aquilonia was lots of mature plots&guilds operating making whole server have a depth wich was destroyied after merge with fury, simply your action impacted server society you were connected to server.

When you're on PvP server, open-world is dangerous. So you do what you have to to pass by: You don't play alone. It's a simple as that.
    you will always end up joining a guild or making your own guild its an mmo.

Indeed i hunt aswell. And i get hunted too. Play alone and you are just a prey for small groupes of hunters. Play with friends and small groupes of hunters will never bother you. And if a bigger groupe comes around, then it's time to call the cavalry and have a nice old fashion guild vs guild fight. The bigger a hunting groupe gets, the more worth it it gets to go find them. Lonely gankers are useless, so force them to play in groupes aswell. Then they become targets.
    there was always lonely gankers on all types of pvp servers from tortage to keshatta, often a lonely ganker would ruin an entire raid... hallo vistrix ladder of doom
    a real pvper isnt afraid of how many they are he just charges reguardless, i made some good friends ingame like that, guilds were formed over the bonds of battle.
    in fury and overall pvp servers post bori, guilds were formed to farm rocks in c.e. or farm raids for pvp gear.
    you know your beloved shrines of bori, its not like they didnt ruin whole servers and guilds and the very fabric of pvp with such lovely mechanics of rewarding pve farming with best pvp xp rewards, wich was mandatory to obtain new pvp gear how ingenious they were to make it so....not!

Damn and you're such a loving person !
    indeed i am, have lots of love to spread <3
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Quote Originally Posted by Chaman-bourru View Post
    I'm sure that's an accurate state based on extended data. But can't help myself mentionning these numbers don't make sense to me, considering the experience i've had in open-world.
    And what opposed experience you had? Life full of exciting open world challengefull pvp 24/7? I forgot when I seen such event, most likely its farming cripples action.

P.S. btw I played with Gathord alot and thats experience correspoding mine numbers, which ofc based on mine not least experience in PvP in aoc.

P.S.S. No matter how u call it but fightin defenceless frenchies who have no clue how to play goes to this 90% supereasy.
    Cripples gonna cripple

Quote Originally Posted by Loaf-of-Evil View Post
    Unfortunately, you are the majority of what's left in aoc.
    i am the minority of pvp players who:

.dont want pvp to revolve around stalking pve players who dont want to pvp, i want full separation of pve adventure zones and pvp adventure zones with pvp open world quests in pvp zones

.dont want to have aa's/gear superiority, i want full unchained in every single pvp enabled zone:
    full lvl80, full access to aa's, full access to pvp armors from pvp0

.dont want gear progression in pvp, i want diferent pvp armors to cater to each classes unique versatility points & play styles

.dont want rock farming to give pvp xp, want players to drop body parts to work as pvp sacrifice materials

.dont want anymore pug minigames fiasco, want group signups back to minigames to resuscitate pvp teamplay.

notice all of the above are not wanted by majority of pvp forum posters they want people to continue to pve their way to pvp10 rock farming in bori and they want to stomp new players in minigames with the aa's and power gear they have.
    further more they make continuous propaganda of how awesome shrines of bori are to the game then bragging they dont farm rocks only the pve'ers are farming the rocks, who in turn farm the rocks so they can progress in pvp lvl's and aa's to be able to compete with the proud stalkers.

given that im a proud minority, so have fun next patch on fury ganking with lvl80's tortage new players in white sands.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

In 90% of times the open world pvp is simple ganking
    In 90% of times the open world pvp is simple searching targets. Open world pvp can't be fun on deserted server, because it turns into waste of time.

And most of people who hate Bori spend A LOT of time digging on it.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567