Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Free transfers with PvP patch

Quote Originally Posted by Anubium View Post
    Or for players who might like the idea that they can solo quest in khitai without having to have rogues ambush them from hide while your character is fighting two or three mobs. Used to be that in world pvp it was considered 'bad form' to attack someone who was fighting npcs or going to raid. Now people complain that other people on the pvp servers use teleports to go to raids rather than 'enjoying' pvp while trying to do pve content.

Maybe there is a reason that the pvp server is dying vs the pve one.
    That's what you get when you combine open pvp with no working consequence system and favour big guilds and the strong with certain gamestyles only. PvP needs variety, but right now you only see the same people over and over and when you speak out against the mainstream opinions about pvp, you'll get mobbed. No small wonder the decent pvpers who were there for fun and not for power, domination or grind left.
    Imagine the situation above with some consequences or statistics changed for the attacker as well as the ambushed, even more if he/she successfully defends or gets away. Imagine people actually benefitting similar from helping you or teaming with the ambusher, favouring even odds over zergs or allowing for more tactics than "dead or run" including revenge. Right now you have onesided advantages for the ambusher AND no population/will to help and a kill counts as kill...doesn't matter how you get it.

I fear when they realize they need a consequence system (maybe after the introduction of the quests), it will be too late AND they design it so poorly, that it will be exploitable and involve even more control or grind (like some other mmos actually seem to do now, like static factions etc.).
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 30th April 2014 at 06:08.

Quote Originally Posted by Anubium View Post
    Or for players who might like the idea that they can solo quest in khitai without having to have rogues ambush them from hide while your character is fighting two or three mobs. Used to be that in world pvp it was considered 'bad form' to attack someone who was fighting npcs or going to raid. Now people complain that other people on the pvp servers use teleports to go to raids rather than 'enjoying' pvp while trying to do pve content.

Maybe there is a reason that the pvp server is dying vs the pve one.
    get friends and kill gankers or switch area,

and reason pvp servrs are dying because funcom listen the minority of population , wich btw killed the game , biggest mistakes are being made and no turning back

just keeps me wondering who the hell had idea to focus on pve and make it even more grind than any other mmo is, this is pvp mmo yet there is no pvp content or anything, and only pve coming for 6 years, real smart ass company working for this game,

develop combat system / heal system, classes, for pvp, yet pve gear is better than pvp, drives pvp:ers out of game, remove different play styles from classes make them face roll classes with instant ablities, aa,, bori,, khitai,, grind,,

and bugs which been there for 6 years now,
    The Law

Quote Originally Posted by Sarhal View Post
    Flawed logic, then Rage is way too go: even more freedom than Fury, better ruleset and not that much lesser online.
    no rage is for players who enjoy playing with cheaters while cheating

"yo dawg, i heard you like cheating so i revamped ranger so you can cheat while u cheat."

ranger = aimbot
    The Law

Why would the even give you free transfers after each PvP tweak? It's a paid service, deal with it.
    Emirri - Dark Templar
    Naerri - Herald of Xotli, Arrienne, Argene, Barbeena, Conqubinne, Shaniz, Shinzei, Laylani and Dorela

by this logic there should be free transfers after each pve patch.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Yeah sure, keep up the mature pve vs pvp arguing and telling yourself that your server is best because "blablaba", it sure helps a lot.

And the op's suggestion is fine but it's not like many people would transfer anyway. I think they should just let us transfer seamlessly and for free (or in game currency) maybe not every day but at least every few days. A cheap single server tech (I think GW2 did that? not sure).
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Quote Originally Posted by kalston View Post
    Yeah sure, keep up the mature pve vs pvp arguing and telling yourself that your server is best because "blablaba", it sure helps a lot.
    there is no sense in maintaining diferent servers.

i always laugh at shiwans posts when he writes bori is great content generating infinite pvp and how he finds awesome that when he logs in he goes kill some inexperienced players farming rocks and that is justification for fury to be great pvp server, because you can kill farmers in cimmerian end :P just like you can on crom lol.

then you have derled going all pve t1-t3 raid + hm's is gonna save fury but its great pvp content for new players to learn to play as a team in pve raids and hm's.

come on wake up, there should be 1 server with pvp instances and pve instances, one server with all content available for everyone.

there is actualy more world pvp happening on crom's cimmerian end then on fury with a lot more players involved.

the fringe rp community on fury from aquilonia would even benift more on crom given there is more involvement from players with funcom help even to make rp stuff happen on crom.

i for one miss the good times in aquilonia with tesso weekly event and the pit event on sailors den.

what is ridculous is all you fury guys boasting how fun your empty server is instead of wanting what is obviously best option

full merge with epic mode revamped to pvp mode, daily pvp quests working on pvp mode, no travelers and basicaly resses working like in cimmerian end, and no fVcking guards, and body parts/pyre system on every pvp zone.

edit:
    pvp zone should also spawn a world boss with assured epic box from killing world boss in pvp zone, to reward pve players risking pve in pvp zone
    Last edited by -tomhet-; 30th April 2014 at 14:50.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Quote Originally Posted by -tomhet- View Post
    there is no sense in maintaining diferent servers.

i always laugh at shiwans posts when he writes bori is great content generating infinite pvp and how he finds awesome that when he logs in he goes kill some inexperienced players farming rocks and that is justification for fury to be great pvp server, because you can kill farmers in cimmerian end :P just like you can on crom lol.

then you have derled going all pve t1-t3 raid + hm's is gonna save fury but its great pvp content for new players to learn to play as a team in pve raids and hm's.

come on wake up, there should be 1 server with pvp instances and pve instances, one server with all content available for everyone.

there is actualy more world pvp happening on crom's cimmerian end then on fury with a lot more players involved.

the fringe rp community on fury from aquilonia would even benift more on crom given there is more involvement from players with funcom help even to make rp stuff happen on crom.

i for one miss the good times in aquilonia with tesso weekly event and the pit event on sailors den.

what is ridculous is all you fury guys boasting how fun your empty server is instead of wanting what is obviously best option

full merge with epic mode revamped to pvp mode, daily pvp quests working on pvp mode, no travelers and basicaly resses working like in cimmerian end, and no fVcking guards, and body parts/pyre system on every pvp zone.
    if u go to area and it let u choose "pve or pvp mode" it just simply dosent work, all baddies and i wanna do solo play in mmo so i can get gear i go pve mode

and those who do something WHICH THIS game was meant to be, go to pvp mode, dosent work, trust me
    The Law

Quote Originally Posted by Derled View Post
    if u go to area and it let u choose "pve or pvp mode" it just simply dosent work, all baddies and i wanna do solo play in mmo so i can get gear i go pve mode

and those who do something WHICH THIS game was meant to be, go to pvp mode, dosent work, trust me
    if someone wants to do pve why should they be forced into a pvp area with no rewards for being in danger?

your basicaly defending that players should have no options.

also why is a player a baddie, hes a human being, and further more a client of funcom like you and me, if he suck in pvp he will die a lot so what?
    what is the point of adding a gratuitus demeaning tag to another guy who pays to play same game you and i pay?

why should i trust you for whatever you seem more hellbent on maintaining your precious empty server even passing time doing the "abominable" pve content to aid in player retention.

why you want a server wich proved an utter failure, only working pvp servers were the rp-pvp ones where guild rivalry was real and player action had real consequence due to more mature player base rp-pvp servers had;
    who enforced kos lists and actualy had better guild play assistence, wich was never real on fury.

all fury players want is faster bigger guns to stomp noob players and further more relishing on hate tagging players who you kill and insult them into leaving game.
    hello all the bori warriors who farmed their power
    hello all the pro exploiters who farmed for easy aa's for pvp
    hello all the awesome ttp users who funcom refuses to ban and still manage to get in to big guilds without a care from the people in the guilds accepting them without any repercussion
    hello handholding siege alliances to maintain bk buffs power
    hello premade inguild farming for easy tokens
    hello epic mode naked rp farming for kd&pvp xp
    hello forum heroes preaching against unchained minigames because you need your precious aa's to stomp new players
    hello i need my power gear to stomp all others with my gear, because gear progression is so good for pvp...

only reason there is t4 raids on fury is simply because the gear gap from pvp0-4 is still there, and t4 gear is still very viable alternative to pvp gear, and untill a recent patch t4 was the best pvp gear hence all fury major pvp guild had the horrible task to having to learn to pve to get pvp gear omg the things pvp'ers must do to get their advantages :P.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Quote Originally Posted by -tomhet- View Post
    you suck because you want to pvp in age of conan in the brutal world created by Robert E Howard

Unfortunately, you are the majority of what's left in aoc.

This game was created, and advertised, as a brutal pvp game. Sold over a million box sales from the store, broke records for pvp.

Pvp ignored for 6 years. Lowest pop ever with pve as main focus.

Numbers speak for themselves, and funcom appears to be trying to turn things back around. Anything to promote open world, brutal, fast paced aoc pvp combat, will increase the pop.

I wish you, and your tunnel vision friends, would see the full picture. Over 25 servers in just the us when the game opened, had to open new pvp servers, as soon as it was obvious the producers tried to go after the wow cash-cow, the pop declined. Year after year of pve patches, year after year of merges, down to 2.1 servers for the world, because the game went full pve mode.

Open your eyes bro...

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast