Thread: AoC UI Installer (Fonts & Visibility)

Default AoC UI Installer (Fonts & Visibility)

I'm a bit visually impaired and have used several costume UI's from Stonerune to Ikos. One thing I've noticed is the customization of the icon fonts with the AoC UI Installer, not the UI's themselves.

I've changed my font selections to max size and larger spacing then reverse size order and see no changes whatsoever. I've only managed a very few times to see the larger icon font size with initial settings only to change after one tweak. I can't reproduce the larger size, so delete/re-installation isn't working. I've deleted custom GUI folders, prefs, and even reinstalled all files of games and UI's.

Is this a common problem with the AoC UI installer?

Is there anything I can do to get the maximum sizes on icons?

What UI is most suited for the largest visual icon and cast bar display or is this only up to the AoC installer?

tks,
    Main Characters
    Abanathabla - Mimisbrunnr - Nanditipha - Purohita

Default need help...

New findings using AoC installer,

Using the AoC Installer to patch my buff settings instead of re-installing will save the icon size settings, whereas I wasn't getting a save on icon sizes upon new installs. So patching will get me the size I need to see buffs. However, the buffs will only save vertically.

Has anyone else had problems saving icon buff sizes and placement reference?

Any suggestions on how to get maximum buff size with horizontal layout?
    tks
    Main Characters

Tell me exactly what you need (screenshot if possible), and I'll upload the files for you.

Can't seem to upload photo's, sry. I can get those settings saved but only through a patch and only with vertical display, which doesn't fit well.

I would like to have Buff Icon settings for compact but larger view.
    Self
    size 50, limit 12, spacing 4, max columns 2, Hostile only

Target
    size 50, limit 12, spacing 4, max columns 2, Friendly only

size 40, limit 24, spacing 3, max columns 3, Friendly & Hostile

I'm open to suggestions for settings to help me see whats actually going on in raids. I'm new to seeing buffs now since I've installed the UI, so pardon the "duh-feel" here. Often, seeing too much takes away from my quickness on important cast reactions but I am open to learning how to look differently. I'm not all too certain on Columns and Limit mechanics. Like if it maxes icon out a certain length then bumps to column or if settings force mechanics to two columns of 6 in my settings above.

Thanks,
    Last edited by Abanathabla; 19th December 2016 at 16:17.
    Main Characters

Do you have a custom Ui? If yes, then I will need you to upload 3 xml files for me.
    CharPortraitRight.xml
    CharPortraitLeft.xml
    HUD.xml

About the columns, if there are too many, buffs will push the other parts of the ui.
    It's not a good idea.
    I will find the max limit and modify the related xml file accordingly.

It's fixed. Human error on my part.

Thanks for the help!
    Main Characters