Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Plague Swarm, Infestation and FTW

PS never worked in pvp, was broken, only pve...if it does, it is fixed lately, couple months ago(maybe)casting it as single target it does 1.2 k dmg(or something like that)...using it over the past years was useless...another thing..where it said its 5m range? there is no such thing, its "nearby", which means "cross ur fingers" when cast it

marny
    Last edited by Vutra; 20th April 2014 at 09:15.
    Marny----> Imarny
    Amongst our weaponry are such diverse elements as: fear, surprise, ruthless efficiency, and almost fanatical devotion to the Pope,and nice red uniforms.

I like Flesh to Worms (and Curses) because it seems like something coming straight form the novels as oppossed to all that Ice stuff.
    So I try to have it as effective as possible.

Anyway forgetting that it might not be effective and that it might not be working properly regarding range in order to maximize it with me having Infestation would be to:

Cast FTW first (or use someone's else) and Plague Swarm after, not the way arround as it seemed to me is this right ?

Thanks a lot.
    Last edited by Sementu; 20th April 2014 at 12:42.

Quote Originally Posted by Vutra View Post
    PS never worked in pvp, was broken, only pve...if it does, it is fixed lately, couple months ago(maybe)casting it as single target it does 1.2 k dmg(or something like that)...using it over the past years was useless...another thing..where it said its 5m range? there is no such thing, its "nearby", which means "cross ur fingers" when cast it

marny
    Oh another pvp prophet Nice to know, while I have benn using it like mhm from 2011, that I been doing useless things by this :<

Thanks for opening mah eyes.

And yeah 5 meters range is from mine observations after using this spell actively. There is not tooltips anywhere saying about distance of FtW spreading.

Quote Originally Posted by Sementu View Post

Cast FTW first (or use someone's else) and Plague Swarm after, not the way arround as it seemed to me is this right ?
    Can u clarify if u asking for pvp or pve needs? In general you just FtW once, and then just use Plague Swarm when ur dots about to run out. If its in pvp, you just use Plague Swarm when need either renew dots or see an option to infect a couple of people.
    Last edited by Sarhal; 20th April 2014 at 14:34.
    Cripples gonna cripple

i find plague swarm useless because of several things:

.in pvp i always place individualy both ftw+motd on multiple players and have motd fully feated, so when those magic moments apper that plague swarm would be usefull the people are already infected with both ftw+infestation+motd, so its pretty redundant given how i play to waste time reinfecting people when i can use that time to place pestilencial blast do icestrikes and chill burst instead of wasting time infecting people with ftw exclusively

.in pve the spell only makes sense in brc trash mobs killing and some encounters in the several wings, rest of the time its a big waste of time spell because:
    i use parasitic host+death's channel+arcane surge more often then death god wich allows me to make better use of class synergies and chilling breath perk
    given i do the above ftw is used redundantly multiple times to spawn parasit souls from parasite hos sw buff, i mostly activate buff while already casting pestilencial blast(redundantly) followed by ftw+blasphemous ruin+icestrikes wich usualy at least 1 is instant
    also along side that in similar fashion as in pvp every single fight there is multiple targets i dont atack just one target i place dots on multiple targets wich eficiently increases my dps and lowers my agro for obvious reasons.

i leave you some examples what i can do without plague swarm
    http://s3.postimg.org/ly1lw6iwz/1pillar.jpg , http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGM1B...W6srDA&index=3
    on lu-zi
    http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/6802/luziz.png
    on saddur
    https://imageshack.com/i/7g9xpzp
    on idiot no shields no magic mitigation world boss
    http://s28.postimg.org/de0g97qa5/image.png
    on entity
    http://s13.postimg.org/prx6w0gfb/ent.png

i know at least one necro in aoe guild who can do better dps then me.
    overall in for example zodiac had a guildie do around 2800 dps single target on one of the animals just because he got extra lucky spawning exclusively skulls from sw he didnt realy focus anything else, most i done to 1 single boss single target there is 2600, but that is realy exceptions when all the stars align and no pet dies from sw and you get from each parasite host buff 4 skulls and they linger i would averagely do 2100-2200 counting all 4 zodiac animals.

im a bit bored of playing my necro several factors lack of content, full aa's, full every single piece of gear you can have on necro worth having, pvp10, no changes in class trees to make class better despite years asking for it, last months i mostly play tanks and bearshaman waiting on new content to play actively necro again.

i have no doubt a skilled player like you sarhal finds use for plague swarm but simple given how i play i dont find it the least bit usefull.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Sarhal View Post
    Oh another pvp prophet Nice to know, while I have benn using it like mhm from 2011, that I been doing useless things by this :<

Thanks for opening mah eyes.

And yeah 5 meters range is from mine observations after using this spell actively. There is not tooltips anywhere saying about distance of FtW spreading.
    m8, u have to be a prophet when it comes to necro and all the broken spells...does that shiet PS works or not, its easy...one should feet it and try ...so, just chill, and play whatever u like it, who cares
    bout ur comments, u found wrong church to prey m8
    Marny----> Imarny
    Amongst our weaponry are such diverse elements as: fear, surprise, ruthless efficiency, and almost fanatical devotion to the Pope,and nice red uniforms.

Had discussion about this with Fassie and did some testings, well

Sadly I never parsed myself, so couldnt provide any log backed parsers, tho will ask might get some logs from others for more "materialistic" chat.

Ofc u have decent numbers but I doubt they related to specifics in ur tactics, first of all imo they related to good synergy in raid.

Lets for example precisely review ur Lu Zhi fight - SW buff Death Channel give about 30% base spell damage, which on geared necro in fact roughtly give a ~6% real spell damage increase for ur spells, so if we remove ur pets damage from parse and self damage, easy to see that ur dps by spells was like - ~960 dps, so with Death Channel u get DPS boost for 57 DPS for 10 seconds (570 damage per use of buff). By far worst possible buff for necro to use in SW :P Even if u check ur liked parasitic Souls even they are doing about 163 DPS for whole encounter, which is by far better. I do agree Parasitic Soul could be okiesh, but imo they depend alot on random factors amd synergies inside group/raid.

The SW buff choice alot depends on situation while u can benefit more taking max spell damage buff when u have Death God running and in long term with a proper tos / hox so on, u can get better profit from Parasitic Host buff.

About PvP side, well in theory its all superperfect to dot everyone and so on, but in premades reality for example, u always playing under pressure so u cant physically dot everyone and its way more flexible choice to dot first in group and spread by Plague. While u have such enemies who allow u to dot all of them u can way easier just SW and faceroll them by Ice Strikes bombardment. For example if we take organised pvp experience, most common situation u dot tank, then when tank is falling back u handling him by PS and he spreading stuff around him. DPSwise also as i told this PS on par with Ice Strike so as dot renewer not any worse if u have moment to apply it. Keeping as much dots as possible superimportant since u need to prevent ppl to get out of combat and start regen of life/mana.

P.S. About Entity, I was surprised to see that your dps record relatively low, dps about 1800 was regular thing in NW raids for example, best so far I had was 1920-1930, cant remember exact number. I even had a rule while been raid leading that capable necro should have always do at least 1600+, so who had less got theirs spanking.

P.S.S. Vutra its mine opinion and its urs opinion, they are mainly diffrent coz of diffrent gaming experience I believe I see ur frustration about necro spells, hope u dont one who think that its weak class?
    Last edited by Sarhal; 20th April 2014 at 21:29.
    Cripples gonna cripple

Quote Originally Posted by Sarhal View Post
    P.S. About Entity, I was surprised to see that your dps record relatively low, dps about 1800 was regular thing in NW raids for example, best so far I had was 1920-1930, cant remember exact number. I even had a rule while been raid leading that capable necro should have always do at least 1600+, so who had less got theirs spanking.
    i guess must be the tactics you use allow more time sw for necros.

reguarding death's channel it does become worth it once you have enough skulls+pets+sw stacks, particularly on icestrike with chiling breath perk and detonating pb with chill.
    along side that you always get instant icestrike while choosing parasite host+deaths channel+arcane surge, while you dont get it with death god.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

@sarhal
    i love my necro, playing it 2 long i guess...no mater how broken might be, would never changed it 4 any class...necro is far away from week class, only mage that can contribute in premades...and i agree that every good necro has its own play style, adjust it when it comes 2 premades ofc...in banana minis(which i play rarerly)well...no comment
    i have no frustration at all regarding spells, one just works other doesnt...cant stop me doing whatever i wont, and when i wont...and when am doing it, nobody cant do it better
    Last edited by Vutra; 21st April 2014 at 11:24.
    Marny----> Imarny

Quote Originally Posted by -tomhet- View Post
    i guess must be the tactics you use allow more time sw for necros.

reguarding death's channel it does become worth it once you have enough skulls+pets+sw stacks, particularly on icestrike with chiling breath perk and detonating pb with chill.
    along side that you always get instant icestrike while choosing parasite host+deaths channel+arcane surge, while you dont get it with death god.
    Well even if u superlucky like having 12 pets - 8 + 4-6 skulls, so then u get 2.5%*14 = 35% base spell damage increase at best, which is just 7% real increase max, so as we checked in counting will result 1000 additional damage max for 1 use of buff. Even spamming Parasitic Host will benefits like 10 times better

Yeah getting insta ice strike is good thing, but even if u get additional free cast it will result in not that big dps increase, lets say 12 sec 1 free ice strike, also will take in count 25% crits ofc, so in full t4 (168% crit damage on ice strike) we get about 97 dps from that free ice strikes, but u pay for this by not using death good, which is extremly efficient coz of necros superhigh crit damage bonus, on 6 stack it will reach 288% crit damage bonus, so only stupid ice strikes spam will add u 504 dps. So we remove insta ice strikes and omje death channel from that and get increase for ~377 dps surplus in favor of death god ice strikes spam, and I dont even count additinal damage from PB, FtW and such during this sessions.

P.S. Actually its really awesome discussion we had here, coz before it I didnt make this researches, and was using Death Channel time to time when had alot pets, maybe I go for arcane surge precise look in few
    Last edited by Sarhal; 21st April 2014 at 17:57.
    Cripples gonna cripple

in around 3 minutes of sw you can get more then that many pets and having all bsd from group buffs+sw+death channel stacks up, also if if you use a build with tome of erlic stacks even more and extremely a lot with ritual of the lich
    something like this focusing instead of deathgod, the 3 buffs i mentioned previously
    http://joharaoc.eu/feat?link=v5_1296...5182146f814c08
    icestrikes even on pet builds like im describing get extra eficient along side detomnating pb with chill i get crazy numbers sometimes using chilling breath and above build.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast