Thread: title: Fix Wall of Steel tactic to actually make it usefull

Default Fix Wall of Steel tactic to actually make it usefull

Hello.

I have a suggestion. Guardian Wall of Steel tactic is kind of useless. Everyone has high hit ratings, the 5% evade doesn't do anything.
    We tested and it did nothing.

Other 2 tactics are:
    Mental barrier (+15% protection)
    Elusive (resist ccs)

Suggestion: Make Wall of Steel tactic grant +% armor instead of evade rating. This makes sense as a Wall of Steel wouldn't be to heavy to evade anything. Its A WALL!!

if anything the 5% evade from wall should be under Elusive. Makes more sense with the name also.
    Last edited by toffatoget; 17th April 2014 at 11:24.

I dont think that ever was intended for pvp-use.
    I am Stian ingame...

-5% evade rating scared me everytime I see this ^^
    With double tap it start to really works, well at least on ranger.
    Water is my bubble
    __________________________________________________ ____
    Religolibri (10) Ranger, trying something else
    Amtihotep (10) Hox, Using copy paste poss/gen feat

Quote Originally Posted by Civilix View Post
    I dont think that ever was intended for pvp-use.
    Maybe not, but I belive adding the +armor, it will benefit good in both pvp and pve.
    My experience is at least that 5% evade doesn't do much in either pvp nor pve situation for a guardian. And if that's a no go....at least change the name of it, to something more suiting

Quote Originally Posted by toffatoget View Post
    We tested and it did nothing.
    That is simply not true.

My experience is at least that 5% evade doesn't do much in either pvp nor pve situation for a guardian.
    Actually I see a lot of hits being evaded on my guardian. The percentage is obviously not high but it is there.
    Adding another armor buff would be too much i think.
    Emirri - Dark Templar
    Naerri - Herald of Xotli, Arrienne, Argene, Barbeena, Conqubinne, Shaniz, Shinzei, Laylani and Dorela

i believe intention of this tactic was to work with the polearm feats grating evade, and with improved dulling blow feat for juggernaut s&s builds, unfortunately none of the particular feats is viable to feat hence the performance of this tactic realy is useless.

at least as juggernaut goes if the feat improved dulling blow was changed to improved wall of steel adding an extra 5% to that tactic would be interesting feat and would make sidesteping more rewarding to dodge damage more reliably, but even with that apart from t3 sword+shield there is no real tank set with evade to reinforce this gameplay mechanics of sidestepping yourself out of receiving damage.

would require both pvp&pve gear with evade/immunity to start rewarding player skill to sidestep to avoid damage, wich is right now at least for guards a non posibility.

while the 5% evade is bad at the moment with new gear for tanking with evade on it, it could prove decent.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Suggestion: Make Wall of Steel tactic grant +% armor instead of evade rating. This makes sense as a Wall of Steel wouldn't be to heavy to evade anything. Its A WALL!!

Would probably make the abillity similiar or more useless considering most of the "highend" guards are already pushing the Mitigation limits. But I agree its not very super.
    Moriala - The Ivory Tower

[Youtube Channel]

Quote Originally Posted by -tomhet- View Post
    i believe intention of this tactic was to work with the polearm feats grating evade, and with improved dulling blow feat for juggernaut s&s builds, unfortunately none of the particular feats is viable to feat hence the performance of this tactic realy is useless.
    I have the same feeling, as the polearm evade/immune feats are really weak+conditionnal (forgotten tree from revamp), this is somewhat sad cause it's a good way to have something different for tanking than just stacking mitigation.

On the top of this, most of the post-t3 boss seems to have better hit rating so it's hard to have a decent evade chance, enough to justify +feats +gear +tactic choices.