Thread: How do you PvP ? Possible begginer's help thread.

Default How do you PvP ? Possible begginer's help thread.

My rotation:
    Frenzy
    1º Leech Life V
    Switch to Defensive or neutral immediatly after landing combo
    2º UB last rank
    3º spam BfA IV and III
    Using DP, Dark Burden and MS always when ready. DP is priority in all situations, even if there's only 1 target (each additional targets mutiply the chance of you getting interrupted).
    Keep SoC on cooldown, but try to use it on the max amount of targets possible.
    Keep HMS (Hex Marked Soul) on cooldown too, it's not worth to use it only when you are about to die. People will mostly cc lock you at the beginning of your charge, so you'll absorb the max damage possible if you use it early.

My passive buffs: Soul Barrier, Pact of Malacodor, Aura of Dread Fury, Convenat of Arms/Invulnerability, Drain Life, Sadistic Soul, Curse of Gwahlur.
    Do not remove Soul Barrier and Pact of Malacodor in any circunstance. PoM procs 100% of the time.

Advices:
    If your target is a demo/necro/hox/pom/tos and you know they are very good players, you must switch to CoI (Covenant of Invulnerability) to have a chance against them. You'll dominate dts using CoA and the caster classes won't have dps enough to burn you before you kill them. I don't even use the mana drain (I'm barely getting more than 6 stacks), but I do get the + protection from the CoI feat. The main point of using CoI is the retributive damage.
    Please, switch back to CoA after dominating the caster. CoI is horrible against rogues/soldiers/bear shaman.

Fast combos such as bfa II and slam are all bad after the combo skip was removed, in my opinion of course. I think it's much more rewarding critting +- 1800 combo physical damage(with LL or BfA) on a clothie than 500, 800. You also get more stacks and do more magical damage using longer combos. I've noticed that I'm getting much more kills than before when I used bfa II and slam.

If you see a DT or Bear Shaman, it's good to use Mystical Banes (all ranks) instead of any other combo.

ASFOF is also a very good combo. I try to use the last rank always when it is up so I can keep with the health tap buff.

When DP is on cooldown, try to initiate on your enemy using the lvl 40 stun (I do not remember the name... mind breaker?). It makes people burn their anti cc so 3s after that you can land your 5s stun.

Be careful on landing combos on moving targets using sprint. If your ping is higher than 200, you're probably going to miss it. Try to NOT waste your time, each combo is important for the kills!

My build: http://goo.gl/28h5EH
    I'm getting CoG (curse of gwahlur) because I think it helps more than 1 extra point on CoI, but if you really are interested in the mana drain, you should drop 1 point on ether reap or cog. I wouldn't do that with Ether Reap because the burst damage increase is just insane when it crits.

You can also make a build without AoE stun and go for Shadowed Soul, but as far my experience can tell you, it only gives advantage against necros. That's all.

My equipments and AA:
    Full PvP T2
    PvP 7 Mage Rings x2 (Death ward or the pvp survivability ring is also very good)
    Survivability PvP Cloak and Necklace
    Ibis and T4 swords are the best for DTs, but it won't make a lot of difference if you are a decent player. Don't pay much attention to it.
    PRIEST SHIELD. Funcom buffed it to a point that it is better in every aspect for DTs.

AAs:
    Pressing Strikes
    Decisive Strikes
    Avoid Entanglements
    Vindication
    Void of Madness

Notes:
    Everything I wrote is based on Group PvP. Duels aren't my thing.

I'm doing this because i've received /tell requests in the past and I see that the DT PvP community is not what it used to be. People are playing terrible and they are using things that I can't even understand why they are doing it.

I'm far away from being an excelent player so my strat/advices might not be the best, i'm just sharing my experiences with you.

I hate talisman so i'm not going to write anything about it.

Share your experience as well :3.
    Last edited by Lerael; 5th April 2014 at 05:03.

Lerael , please explain why you took Devourer's Might istead of Vigor/Ether Leech. I see it's quite popular nowadays. Well, 15% damage increase doesnt seem like a big difference for me

that's the typical way dts are played now. the emphasis being on mana drains, defense and aoe combos, so there's no chance of dying unless a whole group is on you. they're not really a threat to anyone but the flag or a casters mana. the fact that 90% of dts play this way makes it baffling they'd even nerf vom.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkgore View Post
    Lerael , please explain why you took Devourer's Might istead of Vigor/Ether Leech. I see it's quite popular nowadays. Well, 15% damage increase doesnt seem like a big difference for me
    I played with it for a long time and that was because of stamina (we needed stamina to sprint), but now that they gave us the energy bar I don't think I need more stamina and mana is also not a problem anymore, since they removed the mana cost on seal of chaos.
    I'd rather get something that increases the dmg of my main combo (I believe I end up using Leech Life V more than BfAs) than useless stamina/mana drains.

Quote Originally Posted by Wickeds View Post
    that's the typical way dts are played now. the emphasis being on mana drains, defense and aoe combos, so there's no chance of dying unless a whole group is on you. they're not really a threat to anyone but the flag or a casters mana. the fact that 90% of dts play this way makes it baffling they'd even nerf vom.
    I'm not sure I get what you are talking about. With this build you're getting the best survivability and dps feats for PvP.

Emphasis on mana drains? Not sure about that one either. You don't need it, in fact, if you pop it when the stacks are x4 or x5 it is better, because that means you are killing your targets even faster.
    I can see myself using mana drain on tos/demo but only if they are too good for me.

To be honest with you, i'm probably using CoA 80% of the time because most casters on crom aren't worth using CoI.

I dont get it why people bash dt build with coi as noobish or bad. Its great and useful team build with all casters around, and it certainly dont lack dps.

Quote Originally Posted by viroku View Post
    I dont get it why people bash dt build with coi as noobish or bad. Its great and useful team build with all casters around, and it certainly dont lack dps.
    It's not bad, the people who sit with it all game though are. I know to avoid Dts when I see the drain, not because they are draining but because they have a ridiculous critical rating while the seal is running.

It's easy to avoid Dts with CoI because they announce it's "buff" time when they start draining. The only time it really impacts a decent player is when that Dt and 1+ others are constantly focusing you, and even if you attack the other player(s) your splash damage will still hit the Dt.
    Doomsayer 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    It's not bad, the people who sit with it all game though are. I know to avoid Dts when I see the drain, not because they are draining but because they have a ridiculous critical rating while the seal is running.

It's easy to avoid Dts with CoI because they announce it's "buff" time when they start draining. The only time it really impacts a decent player is when that Dt and 1+ others are constantly focusing you, and even if you attack the other player(s) your splash damage will still hit the Dt.
    Ye i get what you mean, it is possible to avoid dt like that but if they keeping pressure on you they will remove you from fight or gimp you a bit for some part of mini.
    In any case its not dumb or bad build, it is useful.
    If bad dts are playing with it that dont mean build is bad.

Just wanted to thank the OP for posting this... Have been using the build for a few months & it has definitely made my DT a lot better
    Wabajack, Demonologist
    Wabbajabba, Dark Templar
    Wabbaguard, Guardian
    Mastablastaa, Ranger

Quote Originally Posted by Wabajack View Post
    Just wanted to thank the OP for posting this... Have been using the build for a few months & it has definitely made my DT a lot better
    Good to know.

Well, just came back to the game today and I must say i'm quite surprised. Never seen so many DTs around.

Since devs left that anomaly untouched, that doesn't surprise me there's still op rollers around.