Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: best way to fix pve + pvp server

Quote Originally Posted by -Syd- View Post
    So much QQ... so little bandwidth...

Edit: TBH, merging all the servers under a PvP rule-set would be so awesome, all the PvE'ers wouldn't be able to talk sh!t or flame global without getting their raids ganked.
    I see we have a real Pixel Commando here..."Awesome"...
    Barb: Thomaran
    Hox1: Mweru
    Dt: Haikuju
    Hox2: Shugorann
    Tos: Nephertites
    Sin: Leogetz
    Necro: Viggomortis
    and others...

"The sky is green. It is because I say it is. And because I said it on the internet."

So much QQ... so little bandwidth...

Edit: TBH, merging all the servers under a PvP rule-set would be so awesome, all the PvE'ers wouldn't be able to talk sh!t or flame global without getting their raids ganked.
    Can you imagine 30 or so of him running around Crom. Right now I am able to currently just hit ignore in global and he no longer exists on Crom, but give him open world PVP and he has stated clearly what he is capable of.

Quote Originally Posted by sugarspice View Post
    Can you imagine 30 or so of him running around Crom. Right now I am able to currently just hit ignore in global and he no longer exists on Crom, but give him open world PVP and he has stated clearly what he is capable of.
    u REALLY need to put ur toons in your sig, my ranger only has character names with his track ability

Maybe Tyranny was different from the other PVP servers in this game, but on Tyranny this kind of behavior was all the time and these are just a few examples, and not taking into consideration the global trash talk. Anything possible that could happen did happen, kill to death was important for some so farming lowbies on your 80 was common practice by tons of folks.
    This happened on Bloodspire as well.

Ive seen a particular guild hunting people until they "either join or leave the game." 5+ people pad camping 1 person simply because it was pvp to them. Where are they now? Either side? The griefers ran off the other players then left themselves because there was no one to "pvp" with.

They can go ahead and do the 1 or 2 pvp instances for 1 month or how ever long they want. The fact of the matter is whichever zone/zones they choose for that particular time will be as dead as the pvp servers are now.

Quote Originally Posted by barbaricwildcat2 View Post
    u REALLY need to put ur toons in your sig, my ranger only has character names with his track ability
    You can have the name of all my toons. I am not afraid of any PVP'r trying to track me..grief me, follow me from zone to zone, I will either kill your toon, or you will kill my toon, she has over 15000 kills and over 10000 deaths, one more is not going to matter either way. You think after Tyranny I would care..LOL. I only care about the health of the CROM server and keeping open world PVP contained to once a month in two zones would be about all that any PVP'r could expect without pounding the death nail into the game.
    SUGARSPICE
    SUGAR
    SUGARS
    SPICYS
    SUGARSBABY
    SPICYGIRL
    SUGARSS
    IF you can't find me on one of those then I am probably off line.

With all the ports available, if they enabled a few zones on Crom for open world what would it matter. Every doable instance has a store bought port, and almost every major raid or 6-man has a port right into the zone, many times very close to the instance.

It's not like it's 2009 and you have to run a gauntlet of multiple groups through kesh to get to BRC, there are many options for people to avoid pvp all together, which is why having a pve and pvp server is lame; people on both servers avoid pvp because of how easy it is to get around.

I can't say that these options have helped open world at all, and neither has the hand holding that funcom has allowed with all these modes of fast travel. There are hardly any real pvp guilds around anymore, and the few guilds that have a good population of pvpers are held to rules that really limit that kind of behavior. Other than some crap players that might grief a few around pin pin, I don't foresee any impact if they opened areas on Crom for open world, other than allow some of us to get some enjoyment without having to move to a totally dead server during US prime time hours (Fury is ok in EU prime time)

I lived through the worst Tyranny had to offer, and believe me, there is no group of players currently playing that could replicate even 10% of what the old Tyranny culture was.
    Last edited by Suctum; 6th April 2014 at 12:05.
    Doomsayer 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    With all the ports available, if they enabled a few zones on Crom for open world what would it matter. Every doable instance has a store bought port, and almost every major raid or 6-man has a port right into the zone, many times very close to the instance.

It's not like it's 2009 and you have to run a gauntlet of multiple groups through kesh to get to BRC, there are many options for people to avoid pvp all together, which is why having a pve and pvp server is lame; people on both servers avoid pvp because of how easy it is to get around.

I can't say that these options have helped open world at all, and neither has the hand holding that funcom has allowed with all these modes of fast travel. There are hardly any real pvp guilds around anymore, and the few guilds that have a good population of pvpers are held to rules that really limit that kind of behavior. Other than some crap players that might grief a few around pin pin, I don't foresee any impact if they opened areas on Crom for open world, other than allow some of us to get some enjoyment without having to move to a totally dead server during US prime time hours (Fury is ok in EU prime time)

I lived through the worst Tyranny had to offer, and believe me, there is no group of players currently playing that could replicate even 10% of what the old Tyranny culture was.
    I don't disagree with you at all as far as travel options and that we no longer have the worst of Tyranny around. But what we do have is PVE players that have chosen to play on a PVE server, that don't want to use a run around option to avoid PVP. PVP is best left to the PVP server except for a couple zones a month for a PVP event.

Quote Originally Posted by AngryBarb View Post
    I see we have a real Pixel Commando here..."Awesome"...
    I see we have a real retard here... "Awesome"...

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    I know what you had to put up with on Tyranny... for what little good it does, I'm sorry you had to go through with that; however, I beg to differ with your comparison between Tyranny and Set/Crom. The griefing and harassment I've experienced on Set/Crom was absolutely hellacious, far worse than anything I've ever encountered on Tyranny... and I'm not the only one who feels this way.

I know what you had to put up with on Tyranny... for what little good it does, I'm sorry you had to go through with that; however, I beg to differ with your comparison between Tyranny and Set/Crom. The griefing and harassment I've experienced on Set/Crom was absolutely hellacious, far worse than anything I've ever encountered on Tyranny... and I'm not the only one who feels this way.
    So you are saying that there are even worse folks here on SET/CROM that if were unleashed upon a PVE server would make life hell for the PVE players?

So you are saying that there are even worse folks here on SET/CROM that if were unleashed upon a PVE server would make life hell for the PVE players?
    Great addition to the discussion pertaining to the possible merge of rulesets to help maintain population and activity for this game. I'm glad I just did not start arguing semantics...

So when does my plan take effect?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast