Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PvP ToS AAs + talents

Default PvP ToS AAs + talents

Hey everyone,

anyone can suggest me possible combination of AAs and spec for PvP ?

Atm I have:
    Pressing + Decisive strikes
    Anti CC + crit on heal and bigger heal on crit perk
    Coils

As talents I have bubble + aura spec atm, however Im not sure whether its not better to go for aura + vengeance of old gods (general tree)...as bubble has very long CD and often you get killed through it. Also I dont like spell Vital shock (I feel like its 10 points wasted basically). General also provides with better heals, +armor and +protection, +435 extra hp from buff and around 60 magic damage. Also Spell vengeance of old gods is really nice: +14 % base spell dmg with 60 seconds cd.

Anyone has any opinion about talents ? Also what do you guys think about AAs ? Anyone using field of war ? Or Fortif. empowerment (++ constitution) ?
    And last thing: anyone tried Eyes of Set or new Idol from AAs ? Im quite curious if they are worth learning....

Thanks !

i use field of war for the pvp magic damage over the pressing strikes crit rating damage as more consistent and higher magic damage works better with the aoe on tos i have found.

Deliverance and empowered mending are middle

and i swap and change the end feats i use lull and constriction some days or forked lighting or coils on others depends on how i feel coils can feel annoying at times cause its so easy to break line of site on it and leaves you standing like a totem to long.

Quote Originally Posted by Osireis View Post
    i use field of war for the pvp magic damage over the pressing strikes crit rating damage as more consistent and higher magic damage works better with the aoe on tos i have found.

Deliverance and empowered mending are middle

and i swap and change the end feats i use lull and constriction some days or forked lighting or coils on others depends on how i feel coils can feel annoying at times cause its so easy to break line of site on it and leaves you standing like a totem to long.
    Lull is the best perk because it is fun watching heavies and rogues bounce off you, especially the sins that stealth attack and fly off you.

Fangs of Set is funny to use against weaker players. You'll come out alive in a lot of 2v1 scenarios.

For instance a sin and demo trying to kill you, demo thinks you'll be dead cause the sin is on your ass. Nope! Tab targeting is your friend. I can't go in minis without it anymore.

Then the most underappreciated feat of all:
    Static Blood. Really. Use it, and learn how to use it. Especially that last part.

Don't feat into general unless you have major issues hitting your blue heals on players. The innate range should be just fine.

Coils is like mentioned, rather hit or miss. It can be amazing, it can be a wasted slot. The way I see it though is, it'll give you a bigger repertoire of spells, and that's quite important. Either if it's to burn down sins when their immunity is down, or burn down a reckless tank after you did your debuffing work. Great at close range. Great at long range.
    It's all about finding the moment, cause sometimes on a tos you can just stand there and completely overwhelm the enemy. ( this being the real potential / scary thing in toses imo)

Other perks are good too:
    Constriction, I think the best single target CC in the game.
    Forked lightning, making movement easier while pushing more dps/green heals. Great for LS-builds. Nice supplement to any silver perk.
    Lull is fun and all, but too long cd unfortunately.

Don't use Dark Idol or Eyes of Set in PvP. No need to learn them for PvP.

and pretty much always use Steadfast Faith + Deliverance. But if you're gonna be one of those guys not aware of when to use Steadfast, do like most and go for the crit bigheal. It's a fun one too.
    Last edited by Lurvi; 9th April 2014 at 03:46.

Lurvi, your post is excellent. Good stuff!
    Drunkskunk (Sin) - Petridish (ToS) - Gwarnath (BS) - Tomatohawk (DT)

Great post Lurvi. Could you also take a look at these questions ?

Quote Originally Posted by Lurvi View Post
    Fangs of Set is funny to use against weaker players. You'll come out alive in a lot of 2v1 scenarios.
    What build are you using with fangs ? I tried to make one several times, but I always ended up with kind of useless pseudo LS build.

Then the most underappreciated feat of all:
    Static Blood. Really. Use it, and learn how to use it. Especially that last part.
    I propably still dont understand how to use it properly, as Im new to TOS and I thought its actually pretty usefull. You use it when you have dots on you running or when ?

Don't feat into general unless you have major issues hitting your blue heals on players. The innate range should be just fine.
    I considered general mainly for Vengeage of old gods (15 % base spell dmg for 15 sec every minute), for extra armor/protection and for + 435 hp more from HP buff. This stuff seems to me more usefull than bubble, as its 5 min CD and often then kill you through it if you have bad luck.

Other perks are good too:
    Constriction, I think the best single target CC in the game.
    Forked lightning, making movement easier while pushing more dps/green heals. Great for LS-builds. Nice supplement to any silver perk.
    Lull is fun and all, but too long cd unfortunately.
    I never really understood in which is costriction better than real cobra, except for snare. Lull/forked looks ok, but will take a while to max out. What about Leviathan call ? Is it worth getting ?

Last thing...what about basic perks ? Decisive strikes are sure, but the second one...is it better to go for pressing or Field of war ? Or maybe even constitution ? (its like 720 HP for full feated perk, which is not little).

Thanks !
    Last edited by prollet00; 16th April 2014 at 06:26.

You can go Aura/Fangs, its not necessary to go LS spec. Could link you an example if you want to.

Static Blood works pretty much like every other dmg retribution ability. Use it in general against combos/spells/classes that have lots of procs, for example against DTs, or when Sin is about to land GC on you, or when Demo nukes you with FoG/HfS etc. It does not work well against dots btw. Also, without even considering the retributive effect at all, if you time SB with SF+Aura and possibly also Coils too the health tap is really good, especially if you are dmging multiple targets.

I dont believe any ToS should feat general tree, ever.

Constriction, if fully feated, is an almost 15sec duration single target CC (4,5secs stun + 10 secs snare). Works well with Fangs build, since there is some kind of synergy between the two, as Fangs removes snare immunity from your target.
    I never found a reason to try Leviathans Call and even if i like Lull i never use it unless for the fun effect. I find it a waste slotting a perk for a 5min cd ability.
    I either go with Constriction+Forked Lightning (gives you better moblitiy since you can cast stuff faster) or just use Coils.

About general perks, Decisive+Field of War is my choice. ToS is about constant stream of dmg so the class benefits more from FoW than Pressing since it boosts your non crits as well. Also you dont really need the hit rating component from Pressing on a ToS, as you should have enough by feating Set's Emprowerment.
    Fortifying Emprowerment isnt bad, but i would never pick it over
    Decisive, FoW, or even Pressing. Your survivability on a ToS depends quite alot on your DPS too.
    ॐ ॐ ॐ

I feel bad about feeling good about that~

Quote Originally Posted by AggroMagnet View Post
    You can go Aura/Fangs, its not necessary to go LS spec. Could link you an example if you want to.

If you could send me some example, it would be great

I dont believe any ToS should feat general tree, ever.

Even when feating aura + 15 pts in lighting tree (just 15pts for static charge feat) ? I am not sure, but I found extra invus handy, +435 HP from buff is good also (just 1 feat point) and Vengeance of old gods with 1 min cd ... ?

Constriction, if fully feated, is an almost 15sec duration single target CC (4,5secs stun + 10 secs snare). Works well with Fangs build, since there is some kind of synergy between the two, as Fangs removes snare immunity from your target.
    Thats quite interesting, once I get some more points there I will def try it. Too bad last 2 points are so extremely expensive.

Thanks !

I never liked psuedo LS builds, and after the reduced castingtime for LS (came with the revamp) you won't benefit as much from forced/instant crits anymore.
    So you should use a straight forward Nebthu+Fangs 5/5 build. There are some variations, and for me personally I found a strong build, but I don't post it since I strongly believe every player should be able to do some reasoning themselves. Im sorry.
    Figure out the pros and cons between things like Resonance Idol vs. Wrath of serpent ring, and how many points in Improved Call lightning vs. Set's Entrapment/Column Lightning/Lightning Cast
    They all have nice use, but you can't have them all maxed at once.

Don't skip important feats like:
    Rousing Shock
    3x manafeats in Lightning
    Lightning Cast ( some players neglect this when in SF build, which to me is a big mistake )
    Staggering Voice

One feat I like, but some rightfully don't:
    Set's Life Spark
    even if it's only every other minigame, it's well worth it for me. Just remember to pop it only when you'll get something for it.

Listen to Aggromagnet, he's spot on. Except him saying Static Blood not working on dots, which is wrong. It works on many dots, just not all unfortunately =(
    Anyways one more note I have to stress regarding this feat is how strong of a counter to DTs it is. DTs always hunt ToSes. "Easy kill" they think. You're not an easy kill. Most DTs are easy kills.

Leviathan's Call is again mainly a PvE feat. No need to consider for PvP.

Glad to see your enthusiasm towards making your tos better. It's nice to get some proper class discussion going
    Last edited by Lurvi; 17th April 2014 at 11:15.

Vengeance of the Gods itself wouldn't be that bad of a spell. But think about everything you give up to get it. Not even remotely worth it.

If you absolutely want to go into general, it's for something else like the improved heal range. Not this sub par spell.

Forget about it!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qk8Ed29mPc0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast