Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Game Director Letter – March 2014 Discussion

i must admit i am positively impressed by game director+cirith in new pvp content i only hope its not too late.

its realy awesome new pvp gear will be earned by real pvp in open world and not pug minigames disater.

some thoughts about new system;
    gateway of kithai isnt as good place for pvp as field of dead-connalls valey-wild lands of zelata.
    the only real good pvp map in kithai is northern grasslands mainly due to pinpin and the several faction buildings and overall terrain.
    chosain has potencial but overall grasslands is the real winner.
    making any forum statistics are null given low reach to actual playing custumers in this game.

overall and especialy on crom server u cannot dodge the fact that most these zones are lvling zones, i for one dont want to go do new pvp events with a bunch of lvl 20's running around trolling me with murder points, and like a few very verbaly pointed out some people have no wish to mix pve with pvp, you guys must just man up and finaly merge all servers and simply revamp epic mode to be pvp mode, else all the positive aspects of new pvp system will get lessened by the negative aspects.

as much fun as i had in aquilonia preventing people to reach black ring citadel and toth-amon stronghold, the people on that server welcomed the fights and was integral part of rp-pvp server that even to raid you had to fight your way thrugh your enemies to reach the raid instance, but its crom more then half population without any doubt abhor pvp having them zone into keshatta to be farmed while they zone in would just drive them away from game pure and simple.

despite true that for lvling purposes all other zones proposed have same lvl alternative, low lvl's will still go in zone and troll people with murder points, you should expect that as true, i know some guys who will come for sure with lvl 16 naked chars just to troll.

also i find distastefull if new pvp areent for subscribers, most pvp'ers dont pay for this game, new system should be lvl80 only and subscribed content, just revamp the useless epic mode to be pvp mode and make that zone accessible to subscribed players only and merge all servers.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

just to add im very concerned about pvp in white sands it has so much water please add some kill player mechanic if they overstay in waters dodging pvp, else for example the deliveryboy quests will be too easy at lest in that map for olympic pixel swimmers.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Quote Originally Posted by noite80 View Post
    some thoughts about new system;
    gateway of kithai isnt as good place for pvp as field of dead-connalls valey-wild lands of zelata.
    the only real good pvp map in kithai is northern grasslands mainly due to pinpin and the several faction buildings and overall terrain.
    without guards the best pvp maps are as follows:

-white sands
    -kesh
    -pin pin

with guards:
    -conalls valley
    -field of the dead

wild lands, acheronian ruins, common district, noble district are other decent playfields

If only Funcom could implement that famous flag system for players, so everyone can be on the same maps and tagged according to their own preferences.

In the end, i for one don't think it's healthy to have population separated, because in a MMO, it's always better to do your stuff and see other players around.
    For instance, it would be quite nice to be able to go to a raid and on the way see players dueling or whatever, it adds life and diversity to the world, which is good.

That being said, i'm rather sure we would end up with PvP'ers standing near raid/dungeons instances and waiting for raiders/dungeonners to come and taunt them, using retarded trash talks and vulgar emotes.

The shear amount of PVEr QQ here is just ridiculous... the ruleset of Crom is definitely geared towards people who JUST want to PVE, but realize, even before all the Fury transfers, there's a good part of the population here that enjoys both extremely predictable bosses with 10 gazillion health, as well as an actual test of skill fighting other players.... Cry about it all you want, but those who enjoy PVP have always been on Crom & always will be.

Is it really going to be so difficult for you to simply avoid going to zones like Khopshef Provence or White Sands if they are opened for PVP? Chances are, it wont be difficult for anybody, since nobody goes there once they've reached 80... Vets leveling a new toon can simply go to a different zone in same level bracket, though I do think that when a zone is set for PVP, the traveler to the zone/gate should offer to directly take the user to a different zone in same level bracket.... this is simply to protect the newbies... might also be a good idea to put NPC in places like Kheshetta who can port users directly into popular zones like BRC or Scorpion Caves while zone is open for PVP... Plenty of good options to protect and ensure the continued sanity of our PVE only friends.
    Wabajack, Demonologist
    Wabbajabba, Dark Templar
    Wabbaguard, Guardian
    Mastablastaa, Ranger

Quote Originally Posted by Wabajack View Post
    ...pvptard mumbling...
    Its people like you that made me start loathing PvP. The sheer smugness pouring out of your words is just so revoltning...
    Last edited by Naerri; 10th April 2014 at 14:38.
    Emirri - Dark Templar
    Naerri - Herald of Xotli, Arrienne, Argene, Barbeena, Conqubinne, Shaniz, Shinzei, Laylani and Dorela

Quote Originally Posted by Naerri View Post
    Its people like you that made me start loathing PvP. The sheer smugness pouring out of your words is just so revoltning...
    Perhaps you haven't read a few of the posts here (there's infinitely many better things one can do than read 100+ posts) acting like every possible implementation of this would ruin the game (I've already provided some solutions!)... and that pvpers of all shapes and sizes don't belong on Crom. I see no smugness in my response to said people.
    For the record, I PvP maybe 1% of the time I play this game
    Wabajack, Demonologist
    Wabbajabba, Dark Templar
    Wabbaguard, Guardian
    Mastablastaa, Ranger

Funcom

Hi everyone, I just want to provide a few updates about where we are internally in regards to patch "4.2" in particular a few changes in the design.

Firstly, while we want to allow the PvP festival to go ahead in the same locations on Crom as it will on Fury/Rage there have been a lot of valid points that the community has brought up. Our long term intention is to hopefully make use of a PvP versions of these playfields (accessed in a similar to Epic mode) but this isn't as straight forward as it might seem, therefore for now we are going to only enable the PvP Festival in the Border Kingdoms (Cimmerian End) on Crom.

On Fury and Rage the locations will be:

* Khopsheff Province
    * Tarantia Commons
    * White Sands Isle (now pvp enabled on both these servers)
    * Kheshatta
    * Wild Lands of Zelata (replacing Gateway to Khitai due to this playfield being more suitable for open world pvp)
    * Conall's Valley (the winner of the forum poll)

The final update is that of a 4th event type, where points are scored only while under the effects of specific enhancing buff, which will transfer on death (similar to 'juggernaught' matches you might have played in other games).

We hope to be able to run some focused tests of these events on the Test Live server sometime in the not too distant future.

Quote Originally Posted by CirithGorgor View Post
    Hi everyone, I just want to provide a few updates about where we are internally in regards to patch "4.2" in particular a few changes in the design.

Firstly, while we want to allow the PvP festival to go ahead in the same locations on Crom as it will on Fury/Rage there have been a lot of valid points that the community has brought up. Our long term intention is to hopefully make use of a PvP versions of these playfields (accessed in a similar to Epic mode) but this isn't as straight forward as it might seem, therefore for now we are going to only enable the PvP Festival in the Border Kingdoms (Cimmerian End) on Crom.

On Fury and Rage the locations will be:

* Khopsheff Province
    * Tarantia Commons
    * White Sands Isle (now pvp enabled on both these servers)
    * Kheshatta
    * Wild Lands of Zelata (replacing Gateway to Khitai due to this playfield being more suitable for open world pvp)
    * Conall's Valley (the winner of the forum poll)

The final update is that of a 4th event type, where points are scored only while under the effects of specific enhancing buff, which will transfer on death (similar to 'juggernaught' matches you might have played in other games).

We hope to be able to run some focused tests of these events on the Test Live server sometime in the not too distant future.
    Awesome. Any eta on this patch?

PvP instance is a fine alternative, take your time but please don't push it under the rug for an eternity like so many other things.
    Also, why CE? Why not one of the other two Border Kingdoms or all three?
    Wabajack, Demonologist
    Wabbajabba, Dark Templar
    Wabbaguard, Guardian
    Mastablastaa, Ranger