Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: World Bosses: collated data.

Quote Originally Posted by Bladesaint View Post
    One more thing. My Raid group, not on Rage, was attacked by a larger Guild for about 45 minutes while we tried to kill the WB. And many of us respawned with no reward for an hour of work spent to kill the World Boss. Why is that? Can't Funcom write a script that rewards the players who were just moments ago fighting the WB? Anyway, Funcom will have to do better to keep me interested and coming back.
    It works like it does now because too many people (on both PVP and PVE servers) complained about people leaving the boss early or sitting on the rez pad waiting for it to die. Funcom's solution was to make sure you had to be right next to the WB to get your loot. I personally think this does more harm than it helps, since it is much easier to miss out on loot accidentally.

As for the 20 or 30 players who were attacking the players killing the World Boss. This is an exploit that could be controlled by having it aggro the World Boss more than anything else, when a player attacks another player. Then WB raiders could just continue fighting the WB and the WB could fight the exploiters looking for cheap/easy PvP points.
    I wouldn't call any of that an exploit, it is simply the way PVP servers work. You will get griefers that make it their goal to ruin your day.

Default Drops-

Tracked drops over 210 WB Kills - October.
    T2- 12 / T1 - 40 / Pots 36 / Vanity$ - 13 / Vanity - 20 / Pets - 11 / AA's - 16 / Junk - 45

1st drop Purples 13 / Purple from Blue Box 4: Yield 95 SRIII (all drops SRIII)

I did not track gold due to using multiple toons. I did not track T1/T2 same items, this is just a general idea for those running WB. Vanity $ are the sets that can be sold, I split out the "no $" vanity. Pots are any potion that gives a usable bonus - the others are part of "junk".

Quote Originally Posted by tapwater View Post
    It works like it does now because too many people (on both PVP and PVE servers) complained about people leaving the boss early or sitting on the rez pad waiting for it to die. Funcom's solution was to make sure you had to be right next to the WB to get your loot. I personally think this does more harm than it helps, since it is much easier to miss out on loot accidentally.

I wouldn't call any of that an exploit, it is simply the way PVP servers work. You will get griefers that make it their goal to ruin your day.
    Funcom is not very sharp with their solutions then because you just insert a boolean that checks how much damage the player did to the WB and if sufficient damage was done they get the reward even if they a are logged out or on the other side of the map. Don't say it can't be done, this is the simplest of programming tools. The game is running a boolean that checks how far away you are to deny your reward as well.

Griefers exploit the fact that their targets are trying to kill the WB to get free PvP XP. Have the WB attack them to make them do some work for it.

Funcom is not very sharp with their solutions then because you just insert a boolean that checks how much damage the player did to the WB and if sufficient damage was done they get the reward even if they a are logged out or on the other side of the map. Don't say it can't be done, this is the simplest of programming tools. The game is running a boolean that checks how far away you are to deny your reward as well.
    It of course wouldn't be that simple, I bet they don't currently keep track of how much damage each person is responsible for when fighting mobs. They would have to start keeping track of all that for everyone to be able to make the check that they had crossed a certain threshold. Hmm, they keep track of that for PvP, don't they... I guess if they were already doing the same in PvE, it would be simple to make a boolean check. However, assuming they went this route, it would have to be reasonable for all classes, so maybe a class specific threshold, and also scaled by level since a level 17 won't be doing nearly as much damage as an 80. Not so simple now.

But that brings us to "would it be right." If they set limits, you will be excluding people that aren't just afk. What happens if a guardian comes up to the boss, finds it at 10% or 2%, whatever, he in all likelihood, wouldn't have enough time to do enough dps to count it as a kill.

And then you may also be screwing over those who have crashed, and take a bit to get back in, as well as probably others in situations I'm not thinking of at the moment.

Edit:

And that is not even thinking about your idea of "if they are logged out", which could in itself, be harder than it sounds.

[QUOTE=tapwater;2114591 I bet they don't currently keep track of how much damage each person is responsible for when fighting mobs. .[/QUOTE]They do have aggro list , and that is kinda a better list to use than damage.

We had a problem on Fury with the last boss outside xubaluku (spellings probably way off). Closest rez pad was a 5 minute run in a wide circle around the map. After 20% people did not rez since they where afraid they would not get loot. We where down to just above 10 people when it died. That could easily backfire and made the boss reset after an hour work.

Quote Originally Posted by hepp View Post
    They do have aggro list , and that is kinda a better list to use than damage.

We had a problem on Fury with the last boss outside xubaluku (spellings probably way off). Closest rez pad was a 5 minute run in a wide circle around the map. After 20% people did not rez since they where afraid they would not get loot. We where down to just above 10 people when it died. That could easily backfire and made the boss reset after an hour work.
    Yep, that is a huge problem with the current system. A better solution really needs to be found.

November 2014: Risen Inferno Lord

4 spawn locations all in Keshatta:

- East ruins
    - Entrance of caravan raiders close to lions watch marker
    - Hidden valley (behind BRC)
    - Black ring explorers marker on map

Thanks for the update. I will put it into the main OP, and then edit in specifics as I can.

EDIT: OK, as far as I know, that's the full year's worth. I'll go through and tweak Dec.-Feb. if any data are inaccurate. Also, of course, if FC decides to change or update the event I'll post as soon as I know.
    Last edited by ConanLibrarian; 5th November 2014 at 16:35.

Can anyone that has completed the quest and that now has the cloak tell us if the quest is repeatable? (Some classes could use either one of two cloaks.)

Even if not, I suppose one could still bash him for fun and drops (pets, social gear, etc.).

Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast