Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: World Bosses: collated data.

Hi Kurt. I hadn't been, as you can tell from the original post, because when I do threads like that I usually try to be very precise, specific and complete, and frankly I wasn't going to put in that kind of time. However, perhaps I shall start doing that and then update the previous months as they wrap around.

That said, if people wish to contribute as you have (and thanks for that), I'll start massaging the data into usable form.

A quick question. When you say "has healing from hits on the fragments of reality", I presume that you mean that if the fragments hit adventurers, the boss heals, rather than that he gets some sort of "leech shield" effect if you hit the fragments? In the former case, the tactic would be to range-kill fragments; in the latter one would simply choose to avoid them until they time out.

For any future contributors of boss strats/tactics: please also include recommended strategies/abilities/spells. Example: for the first few, healers with anti-Ruin spells were very useful; this has not been needed much for later ones.

Oh, like the leech shield. Damage done to the fragments is transferred to the boss as healing. i think not even at a 1:1 ratio...if one player alone hits the fragments he can outheal the dps of a dozen other players on the boss. That's why the boss is broken on Fury mainly.

I spent all day killing WBs. Very boring. All I got was junk like Electric Boogie, a Stamina potion, 2x Ta Nehah, social armor that looked horrible. Got kicked from one raid so they could add a guildie, didn't even tell me. All in all a bad deal like most everything else in AoC.

Quote Originally Posted by Bladesaint View Post
    I spent all day killing WBs. Very boring. All I got was junk like Electric Boogie, a Stamina potion, 2x Ta Nehah, social armor that looked horrible. Got kicked from one raid so they could add a guildie, didn't even tell me. All in all a bad deal like most everything else in AoC.
    Most of us just kill the world boss for quest update and swap to another toon. Could care less about any gear drops.

I spend whole day at wb too, difference is that i was in group with it and helping him to kill that zerg army..

Quote Originally Posted by Texan615 View Post
    Most of us just kill the world boss for quest update and swap to another toon. Could care less about any gear drops.
    There are however a couple of accessories that drop from WB that is unique and has no other equivalent in the game. I still say they vendor these things so although we'll still grind and grind day and night we won't burnout from "oh whats the use!!" after getting yet more useless T3 tokens on our 319th epic box.

Well, the servers are mostly empty. Fury, not so bad. Rage is vacant though. Not enough players to kill the World Boss ever this week, I check every day at the peak times and only 2-4 level 80s. I am not leaving Rage, ever. I have a similar Alt on Fury, older, better geared, full AA's and the one on Rage I was forced to level in Rage's Hard Mode while looking at over 100 free levelings.

Stop it with only providing Raid level events, add some new solo Unchained quests to the various world sections. I know solo is not why I play AoC or anyone really, but AoC should not "dead end" if there are not enough players to Raid on. Give left out players something to do in AoC and you would get alot of players coming back or logging on for a bit each day. The only place I ever see other players is at the start points for the Unchained Solo quests, even on Fury, although the WB draws a crowd on Fury at least.

One more thing. My Raid group, not on Rage, was attacked by a larger Guild for about 45 minutes while we tried to kill the WB. And many of us respawned with no reward for an hour of work spent to kill the World Boss. Why is that? Can't Funcom write a script that rewards the players who were just moments ago fighting the WB? Anyway, Funcom will have to do better to keep me interested and coming back.

As for the 20 or 30 players who were attacking the players killing the World Boss. This is an exploit that could be controlled by having it aggro the World Boss more than anything else, when a player attacks another player. Then WB raiders could just continue fighting the WB and the WB could fight the exploiters looking for cheap/easy PvP points.
    Last edited by Bladesaint; 5th October 2014 at 23:28.

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast