Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: World Bosses: collated data.

Quote Originally Posted by Texan615 View Post
    While too late for this year, Funcom should seriously consider not using the Yeti boss for next years circuit.
    Agree, this encounter design doesn't fit well with new instances limitations.

Funcom could either increase the spacing of the icicles or decrease the Yeti health by 1/3. Unless a tank can grab it and have their backs to a wall, the Yeti tends to be kited all over and it makes the encounter a lot more difficult than it needs to be.

The instances pop a lot now so it doesn't take long to get in an instance, but unless the instance is full its pretty much nearly an hour plus fight to kill the thing as it gets moved a lot and sometimes people will kite on purpose to annoy other players.

Quote Originally Posted by Anubium View Post
    Funcom could either increase the spacing of the icicles or decrease the Yeti health by 1/3. Unless a tank can grab it and have their backs to a wall, the Yeti tends to be kited all over and it makes the encounter a lot more difficult than it needs to be.
    What annoys me the most are thoses bloodys CC's doing too much damage. Combo of stun+kb can kill a 80 and most priests doesn't risk their lifes facing the boss so tanks are often left without heals... Kb is the most stupid thing as if you don't use map walls, you get kb out of reach of boss, *poof* dreamworld magic enters in action and boss goes crazy with pathing looking for another target.
    Need to be revamped for the next batch of portents.

The only priest I would take in to heal the main tanks is my bear, and even then if I get stunned and knocked back I might be dead or near dead. Plus then getting icicled is rough. With the boss being wiggly if tanks don't get heals, this boss is a pain in the rear end to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Texan615 View Post
    While too late for this year, Funcom should seriously consider not using the Yeti boss for next years circuit.
    Agreed!
    I tried the WB 1 more time today, the last day for the Yeti, and I lasted 10 minutes before I logged off. There were about 15 to 20 people fighting, and then the tank started kiting the boss off to never-never land and I said phuc it, I'm done. I'm tired of smashing afk ice crystals and chasing kiting tanks.

Something else that may be mentioned for the next 2 months is that they both are in P2P zones. I wonder how much less the participation will be. Not only does Dragon Spine suck as a zone in it's own right, you have to pay to go there. The Grassland WB not only is P2P but you have to have purchased the xpac AND be subbed. I won't be there for the next 2 months and I wonder how many more will not be there.
    I'm not complaining about p2p/f2p/$$$ nothing like that. WB participation concerns only here.

The boss could be annoying but in my opinion it was the players that made it far more difficult than it was. Pulverise and Mighty Sweep are easy to dodge most of the time. On a healer class just watch out for these casts and run out of range then dash back in fast to heal up the tanks that took the big hits. A lot of times there were no heals on tanks at all because healers were too scared to get close to the boss.
    The worst problem was tanks (especially DTs with Dread Shadow) getting agro on purpose when standing in amongst the dpsers. That killed a lot of people and it's not just at this boss that it's a problem. When someone's tanking and they're fine, getting healed and dealing with the boss, then why try and grab agro?
    People getting frozen far from group, afk or not, I just left alone. Why stand so far away? You only risk getting the group that comes to free you getting frozen also.
    Apart from the occasional Pulverise and Sweep firing out of his backside (they seem to be meant as frontal cones - with smaller aoe on pulverise when not in the cone) and maybe too big a health pool I thought the boss was ok. It was fun on a healer anyway.
    Least time in combat (Master Gyas) Logic: 0:00:01 "Wtf is this sh*t"
    [Global][Chaoskult]: sikk has no mom, he has two dads.[Global][Siekk]: one of them is u
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________
    The Bloody Peasants - Being dismissive of watery tarts.

I liked the boss this month, even tho it's true, either icicle cast were too close or they were too many icicle at once.
    I mean, it's also people's fault for getting frozen too far from the DPS blob, but still... Most of the time, after running and destroying each icicle, you had like, 5 second of DPS'ing the boss before he cast icicle again.
    -
    Fun fact : Not actually the same guy as the player named "Jaedelyia" in-game. Never though I would one day encounter a guy with the same nickname as this one.

February updated at front of OP (2015 updates) with reminder about Steadfast Faith for Healers.

Should update the op to tell people the Serpent Man OldBlood and the Banshee Queen of Acheron were removed for this year. Replaced by the "Dust Fiend" and the "Dark Beast Alpha". Locations unknown, but believed to be the same as previous bosses.

Proof here:
    http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...=1#post2117059

One spawn point for Dust Fiend:
    Dragons Spine, NU, outside T5 (Otherworldy junction \ Palace of Cetriss) 889, 693
    The "follower/summoner" is just a dust storm that circles the hole.
    Last edited by tapwater; 4th March 2015 at 00:57.

Quote Originally Posted by tapwater View Post
    Should update the op to tell people the Serpent Man OldBlood and the Banshee Queen of Acheron were removed for this year. Replaced by the "Dust Fiend" and the "Dark Beast Alpha". Locations unknown, but believed to be the same as previous bosses.

Proof here:
    http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...=1#post2117059

One spawn point for Dust Fiend:
    Dragons Spine, NU, outside T5 (Otherworldy junction \ Palace of Cetriss) 889, 693
    The "follower/summoner" is just a dust storm that circles the hole.
    Thank you; I will add this!

Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast