Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quest incentive for dungeon runs

Default Quest incentive for dungeon runs

Age of conan has a lot of fantastic dungeons. Sadly most of them are not played at all. The reason for this is simply that the new PvP gear is so good and that monestary, palace and T4 runs simply is more practical and have much better rewards for the effort.

Lately I've been playing conan not just for achievements and gear (which is the route most players end up taking it seems), but for fun. I've tried making groups to do the new unchained dungeons, or khitai dungeons that aren't KK, monestary or palace. It has not been possible without making plans and forcing my friends

An easy fix to this problem that I believe the devs might even be working on is to give incentive for running as many different dungeons as possible. There are tons of possibilities for quests and rewards..

The three most basic suggestions:
    - Complete all khitai dungeons
    - Complete all khitai dungeons HM
    - Complete all khitai dungeons HM within 14 days

The most interesting quest is the last, and the reward should be something like: 1 gold, 25 hardmode tokens and 25 expertise points. I'm sure it would give me an easier time finding friends to run dungeons with.

There are better quests and rewards to be found - point is that they are (probably) easily implemented and adds tons of replayability to fun, but underused content.

/Sykes

Crow's nest, irontower and xiba should be rewarded with 1 epic world boss chest. Boom, active people doing lots of old instances.

What should be done is not increasing rewards, for sure. People are already doing Iron Tower, Flame, Xibaluku, etc.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Quote Originally Posted by nathansykess View Post
    The three most basic suggestions:
    - Complete all khitai dungeons
    - Complete all khitai dungeons HM
    - Complete all khitai dungeons HM within 14 days
    You do know that Flame/Vortex/Palace/Den/KK doesnt mean "all Khitai dungeons" right?
    Others are mostly off limits for most of the gen pop.
    Anyways this can be done via achievement system which is on hold i guess atm.
    Emirri - Dark Templar
    Naerri - Herald of Xotli, Arrienne, Argene, Barbeena, Conqubinne, Shaniz, Shinzei, Laylani and Dorela

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticAsylumLA View Post
    What should be done is not increasing rewards, for sure. People are already doing Iron Tower, Flame, Xibaluku, etc.
    This depends. They should add rare tokens to all 80s instances, so EVERYONE can progress at different speeds to the endgame, just doing their preferred content.

I am with Lunatic when it comes to non-repeatable loot, but token increase is fine, since it lowers the grind.

Unique rewards, if so added, i would link to quest chains and rare loot, as has been done successfully in the past years and the 1-80 content. But it doesn't hurt to expand or fix loot lists from time to time (again, expand NOT replace). If done right and with a few to lot dependant quest in the mix, this has a higher repeat factor than just adding blunt loot ("hey, how come you have 6 quests here and i just 3? Oh, show me where and let's do it again sometime!").

If they had old world factions or some renown system, it would open up a huge bag of possibilities for repeatable quests, that could even be random a bit.
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 31st March 2014 at 08:04.

I agree completely. At the moment there's hardly ever any pugs to Ai District and never any to Dugout, and Ti'an'an and Pillars runs are pretty infrequent. Making doing all the dungeons in Khitai a quicker and more rewarding way off progressing than endlessly looping KK or flame/vortex/palace is very logical, and rewards efforts since the other dungeons are harder.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyloins View Post
    I agree completely. At the moment there's hardly ever any pugs to Ai District and never any to Dugout, and Ti'an'an and Pillars runs are pretty infrequent. Making doing all the dungeons in Khitai a quicker and more rewarding way off progressing than endlessly looping KK or flame/vortex/palace is very logical, and rewards efforts since the other dungeons are harder.
    Cause it's very hard to pug thems. Period.
    Adding loots won't solve this, only guilds-groups and guilds+friends groups will complete this, so it wont be an improvement for 90% of the population.
    Why does they need to be more rewarded ? They are already nicely rewarded. I don't think it will work, people runs Yag HM/Mona palace cause they are really fast + easy to pug. Looking for a pair of tanks able to do districts or knowing what to do in Jade Dugout can take hours, or even be impossible at some hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Bibik View Post
    Cause it's very hard to pug thems. Period.
    Adding loots won't solve this, only guilds-groups and guilds+friends groups will complete this, so it wont be an improvement for 90% of the population.
    Why does they need to be more rewarded ? They are already nicely rewarded. I don't think it will work, people runs Yag HM/Mona palace cause they are really fast + easy to pug. Looking for a pair of tanks able to do districts or knowing what to do in Jade Dugout can take hours, or even be impossible at some hours.
    I think you overestimate how hard the dungeons are. Ai District's commander fight is pretty unique and tough, but it's not really harder to learn than frequently pugged fights like Sisters in malice (which can get really hairy if you have no demo/necro and a badly geared group) or Argo-Satha in Vile (which wipes or even breaks many pugs). Leaving Sxi-ai, who is pretty easy all things considered. Dugout HM is pretty damn hard without voice communication, but I've still oneshot it in a pug without it. If the fight wasn't so damn long (= punishing if you wipe), I bet people would've pugged it all the time.

But anyways, the quest wouldn't necessarily demand everything be done in HM - people could do the harder ones NM like how sometimes weak flame/vortex/palace loopers will do Pagoda NM instead of HM while their lockouts time out.

Ai commander is not even comparable with Sisters in malice.
    Have you tanked it with a t2 geared tank (no protection) ? Have you tanked it with an offtank unable to dodge correctly the frost attack of the boss ? I can assure most of the pugs tanks are below that gear and experience level, so they are just eaten by the boss. I'm not even talking about dpsers/priests being killed by aoe stacked at x5 cause they are unable to move or survive.

Since when Malice need demo/necro ? Only bad pugs leaders ask for thoses for aoe'ing adds. Malice can be done with any gear level (thanks to the right shielding) and the tanking pattern is really easy compared to commander.

I'm just telling that you can gives tons of rares trophies or special rewards, you won't see more districs pugs than monastery pugs or Yag (people don't bother to do the whole KK chain anyway, they prefers to exploit the **** ouf the ports in the shop and nobody ar QQing about this cause it's Yag, not freaking MC). Increasing loots has a very limited effect on how the instances are played or not. See the Excavator's quest, i don't think it has increased much the rate of coils/sepulchers runs.

The whole concern is, take your average geared/AA'd alt (t1/t2 kithaï geared), make pugs for districts and make pugs for KK or Monastery loop, see the success rate of thoses and the time taken to do theses. Will you continue to pugs districts as often as monastery cause you will gain bonus lewt ? I don't think so.

Bibik is right. People will still prefer to farm world bosses to coming to any dungeons other than the easiest (Flame/Vortex/Palace).

Why do people always think of solutions that increase progression and ameliorate rewards for something that is not liked by them personally? Why would not they offer to decrease rewards for something else to attain their desired goals?
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast