Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: No GD letter?

Quote Originally Posted by Caudilloo View Post
    I hope you ignore all the whiners and smallminded idiots in this forum as much as possible. That also means not reacting to them and getting in a argument that will end up making you look bad too no matter how right you are...
    Perhaps he never should have answered...

Calling people whiners and idiots demonstrates your maturity level as well. The folks who initially started the thread and shared their disappointment in the recycling the same nonsense month after month made valid points and didn't resort to name calling. There's no denying the truth in what was said about previous letters.

Quote Originally Posted by Bibik View Post
    Yes, i was also disappointed by the last letter (one of the reason i'm in f2p atm)...

And tbh, most of the things from players i've readed here are also the same months after months...
    If you've been here for nearly 6-years, like many of us, then you understand some of the venomous posts about the lack of substance in the letters. And the responses to the GD post that reads " Go F' yerself and go play another game " mentality. Again, perhaps he should have taken the high-road and not responded.

As players; this is our time to unwind and regress a bit. This is Joel's career. Regressing and posting in the manner he has is/was not professional. This behavior reflects on the company and our thoughts on them and Joel's abilities.

If you pay attention, you'll see that repetitive posts are often from different players each time.
    Last edited by Mustaine; 30th March 2014 at 21:16.
    "Always review over the Social Guidelines before posting on the forums"

"Please put "Illinois ftw" in your reply to ensure you read all of this ..." -VORBIZ-

Quote Originally Posted by Evito View Post
    Well we should be used to the idiocy by now.
    I'm used to it. How long have we heard about single server tech, crafting revamps, unclained minis, the list goes on.

If you want to just filter out all the negativity and continue with rose colored glasses, you deserve what you get. That said, anyone can learn from mistakes, even Funcom- but first you have to be honest about it

Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    And I am done for the day. Sometimes I really think people just don't want communication. Or when there is communication, it is deliberately used as a vessel for casting aspersions on the work we do.

The irony of what you posted K4nny, and the way you posted it, tell me that I absolutely do not owe you any more of my free time, and that does suck for the people who actually want to discuss things with me.
    Nasquam i for 1 appreciate you coming onto the forums and posting what you can when you can.
    Were not all like k4nny.
    Thanks for the good work.

Quote Originally Posted by Aylis View Post
    Nasquam i for 1 appreciate you coming onto the forums and posting what you can when you can.
    I also feel this way. Even if it is about a feature I do not have any desire to participate in I still appreciate the fact that you took the time to discuss it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Oduda View Post
    I also feel this way. Even if it is about a feature I do not have any desire to participate in I still appreciate the fact that you took the time to discuss it at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aylis View Post
    Were not all like k4nny.
    Thanks for the good work.
    For Christs-sake ... because K4nny is passionate about AoC this makes them a negative contributor? We're all entitled to post how we wish. Many of us are paid up waaay in advance and have been thru this "relationship" for a long time. "Catch-22"? ... really? do you guys have any idea how much time is spent by the staff on TSW vise AoC? Go check it out. And he comes here all defensive ~ it's crap.

Don't post your GD letter Joel. I don't think you could make the majority of us feel any better about you at this point. F***!

I'll let Twink fight the good-fight now. I'm loosing my cool.

... I feel like breaking s*** now.

Last edited by Mustaine; 30th March 2014 at 22:20.
    "Always review over the Social Guidelines before posting on the forums"

"Please put "Illinois ftw" in your reply to ensure you read all of this ..." -VORBIZ-

It seems a lot of people here have valid concerns and complaints, but a lot of it isn't being taken into account based off of the negative and possibly insulting tone of the suggestions. They seem to cut both ways though, from both players and Funcom. Nobody is wrong, but we need to go about it in a different way than what's going on right now.

I figure the topic will be closed, but if it's not let's just try and be civil without name-calling or insinuations of someone not being intelligent.

Anyway, Funcom has plenty of things that needs changing with AoC, regardless of the fact that the game is six years old. Other MMOs are just as old and receive the love that they deserve, whether they're content patches or simple bug fixes. Should I go play those games instead? No, because I like this game. But it still needs fixing and updating, regardless of how much I truly enjoy it over the others. And it was stated earlier, but I disagree that companies that release updates regularly are giving subpar content (such as kill quests). There are games that are updated with amazing content on a regular basis.

With us, the customers, pleading for more out of Age of Conan, it does not, in any way, take away the fact that the game is great at its core. But just because it's great doesn't mean there aren't issues with how it's being [not] updated in the way that players believe it should be. In fact, not much is going on with it at all (that we can see).

It's a great game and had a great lifespan. There's still so much more potential out of it, we just need to see that the potential is being polished, not milked.
    Last edited by TeccaNique; 30th March 2014 at 22:51.

Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    And I am done for the day. Sometimes I really think people just don't want communication. Or when there is communication, it is deliberately used as a vessel for casting aspersions on the work we do.

The irony of what you posted K4nny, and the way you posted it, tell me that I absolutely do not owe you any more of my free time, and that does suck for the people who actually want to discuss things with me.
    aw

in all honesty i dont see how politeness should matter at all in the virtual world(ok punish it and say FC doesnt tolerate it) tho if really that struck you that sucks. most gaming communities iv seen, pvpers have been more direct and vocal towards management teams. saying this because the grumpy aoc's pvpers have a fair share of ideas to ameliorate and make even more competitive AoC on the MMO scene (if i recall 'increased competition' was the prime reason FC thought its revenues went down)

politics: (politeness and pretty faces from plastic surgery) is a thing of TVs and newspapers

for me the online world is uniquely about ideas, and sharing them efficiently and to a vast audience. id say to maintain all the political correctness when communicating to someone, but dont force it upon other ppl who want to talk to you in order to absorb the maximum amount of ideas towards ameliorating this game.
    Last edited by barbaricwildcat2; 30th March 2014 at 23:20.

Quote Originally Posted by barbaricwildcat2 View Post
    in all honesty i dont see how politeness should matter at all in the virtual world
    Because you think what you see on your screen is virtual doesn't make the people you talk to less real. As Howard said:

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
    You can say many things, can make negative statements without being impolite.
    Short cuts make long delays.

Shame you chased the GD out. Now we won't see him for awhile.

I know people are frustrated. I have been here since launch and given up entirely on PVP. But we can all still have a relevant discussion without insults and flaming.

Just hope we get some actual answers on the new raid or some sort of timeline.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

I like you Anzu, but only because of your cat avatar

To the people posting venomous rants:
    - I understand you're pissed off, and some of you feel ripped off and disillusioned in general. Fair enough.
    - This gives you reason to post negative feedback about how the game is run, and what is planned for the future (or lack thereof).
    - It does not give you permission to post your expletive-laden and immature crap. Grow up.

If you can't constructively post feedback, just save us all the bother and don't post anything at all. Thanks. You don't help. You don't achieve anything.

If you are that unhappy with the state of the game, or the lack of schedule, or the lack of interesting content in the schedule that is released, then do the only logical thing:

- Let your subscription lapse, and stop paying. The amount of remaining time on your subscription doesn't mean crap. Funcom didn't force you to buy that time. Anyone with half a brain should know to not base paying a year subscription on something that is promised or proposed. It may not end up happening at all ... and you are all aware of this.
    - Play something else
    - Idle in the forums until something is added that grabs your fancy
    - Re-sub and play it

I just don't get why you'd sit on the forums and bitch and moan about *everything* ... you don't have something better to be doing with your time?
    Last edited by Petridish; 31st March 2014 at 01:54.
    Drunkskunk (Sin) - Petridish (ToS) - Gwarnath (BS) - Tomatohawk (DT)

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast