Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: No GD letter?

Funcom

Quote Originally Posted by twinklez3 View Post
    Tell me why, as someone who paid to play this game for 4 years, why I should resub and give you more money when there are other games which release far more frequent content updates for 15 dollars per month.
    Because no other game does the things AoC does well?

I mean, it's not a difficult question to answer. If "generic game that releases more content updates" is equivalent in your mind to what AoC has to offer then you would switch games.

AoC is a unique experience in the MMO space and that is why it has a dedicated, loyal customer base.

Also if you aren't subbed, you really shouldn't be posting here

I know you are posting in your freetime and seem to care, but still:

Please stop the discrimination of f2p customers and serously reconsider the sub >>> f2p policy.

This brings me to the topic (apart from what others already mentioned to read in GD letters). When (assuming you even consider making more money out the shop and get a broader playerbase) will you change the restrictive and dividing f2p/sub policy and add products to the shop that are attractive (or aimed at) the f2p crowd?

Examples:
    - temporary access to new instances or higher tiers (some now are only reachable with a sub)
    - permanent access option to instances (you can add this step by step, according to your development speed)
    - permanent buy-off option to some crippling f2p limitations (e.g. step by step buyoff from gold limit, inventory limits etc.)
    - more accountwide options and reasonable prices

I am sure i am not the only veteran, who has made really BAD experiences with prepaying and your company, but is still liking the game overall and would want to support welcome changes or spent money on a monthly average between 0-15 Euros. After all, you have to admit, that the quality of the product for the average EU player (especially if he likes rp and pvp) has not increased in the last years. And in my opinion and if i look at the shop options, there is not much worth to buy, if i do not want to sub, but still spend money.

Increasing sub value is all fine for me and i think too, that there should be a difference between both AT FIRST and at default (these can even be very drastic, but most should be buyoffable permanently). There can even be buffs to a sub, that a f2p customer can never get from the shop. But these differences should not hinder the two groups from effectively playing together or demotivte or hinder from active playing.

(edited some and moved some to a later post)
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 30th March 2014 at 09:15.

Funcom

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt2013 View Post
    I know you are posting in your freetime and seem to care, but still:

Please stop the discrimination of f2p customers and serously reconsider the sub >>> f2p policy.

This brings me to the topic (apart from what others already mentioned to read in GD letters). When (assuming you even consider making more money out the shop and get a broader playerbase) will you change the restrictive and dividing f2p/sub policy and add products to the shop that are attractive (or aimed at) the f2p crowd?

Examples:
    - temporary access to new instances or higher tiers (some now are only reachable with a sub)
    - permanent access option to instances (you can add this step by step, according to your development speed)
    - permanent buy-off option to some crippling f2p limitations (e.g. step by step buyoff from gold limit, inventory limits etc.)
    - more accountwide options and reasonable prices

I am sure i am not the only veteran, who has made really BAD experiences with prepaying and your company, but is still liking the game overall and would want to support welcome changes or spent money on a monthly average between 0-15 Euros. After all, you have to admit, that the quality of the product for the average EU player (especially if he likes rp and pvp) has not increased in the last years.

Increasing sub value is all fine for me and i think too, that there should be a difference between both AT FIRST. There can even be buffs to a sub, that a f2p customer can never get from the shop. But these differences should not hinder the two groups from effectively playing together or demotivte or hinder from active playing.
    Not exactly stuff I will talk about in the GD letter, but I can bring them up with marketing/sales who are the ones I need to convince normally.

That is good to hear. Thanks for answering

If you are concerned about abuse, consider that someone who has spent 200 Euros to a f2p account is at least similarly unlikely to do things that are worth his account getting banned like someone who spends the money on a sub.

Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    Because no other game does the things AoC does well?

I mean, it's not a difficult question to answer. If "generic game that releases more content updates" is equivalent in your mind to what AoC has to offer then you would switch games.

AoC is a unique experience in the MMO space and that is why it has a dedicated, loyal customer base.

Also if you aren't subbed, you really shouldn't be posting here
    I'm usually on your side Joel, but this all came off arrogant.

Raids, feat trees, generic questing, tiered weapons, instances PvP, Alternate advancement, world bosses, ... What exactly is done better in AoC that isn't already done in a hand-full of recent MMOs? You have a nice combo-combat system ~ wow ... GRATZ.

What makes you think we haven't already switched games? As it's been said, many of us had paid a year-sub; so we're pretty much stuck. We play the game still when we have nothing else going on in other games.

And that last comment ... Winks don't make everything right. At this point, even your F2P community should be just as cherished.

-----------------

You want ideas for content of your next letter? Look at the pages and pages of suggestions in your "suggestion thread" and get an idea of what the most commonly asked items/suggs are.

Last edited by Mustaine; 30th March 2014 at 10:06.
    "Always review over the Social Guidelines before posting on the forums"

"Please put "Illinois ftw" in your reply to ensure you read all of this ..." -VORBIZ-

Joel,
    how are you going to counter The Elder Scrolls Online launch this coming week?

Its going to cost you some players and subscriptions, surely you have some plan to lure or keep these people in AoC.

Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    It's a bit of a catch 22 though isn't it?

I mean, if I don't mention some things like the raid status or the crafting system, there is always *somebody* who goes nutshit that there was no update on it.

Here is perhaps a more constructive way of doing it then - what would you guys like to hear about in the GD letter this month. It can't be new features - we've already spoken about what we are working on and I don't want people to start expecting stuff that is a long way off in the pipeline.

So tell me what you'd like the hear about? I am sitting here writing it - so let me know!

(Honestly, giving up my weekends to be ridiculed! I'd like to know one other game that provides a monthly letter after 6 years!)
    give us a update on the single server tech phase 3! L O L

any plans to enhance latency issue?
    Last edited by 89ideaz89; 30th March 2014 at 11:14.

Joel merge all 3 servers in 1 and give a option to the players choice to switch to enable or not open world pvp, encourage open world pvp with rewards, guild vs guild rivalry and revamp bori so players and guilds really need to fight and dominate the zone to be available to get the pvp xp and tokens, if is not fighting there in the zone the altar doesn't give the xp and tokens, make new 12 vs 12 mini game map, I play aoc because of the pvp but I hate that the only source of pvp is just mini games, I like most and used to have a lot more fun in open world pvp, sieges and when bori came out that players and guilds they really were fighting to control the zone, no how it is right now that everybody is holding hands and farming together in peace getting pvp xp and pvp lv for doing just pathetic pve farming.

tone down the damage deal and survavility of soldier class, especially conqueror and dark Templar.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast