Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: No GD letter?

Funcom

Quote Originally Posted by Evito View Post
    I'd like to know how far along Cetriss and Slithering Chaos are, and ballpark when we might see those, and the crafting revamp on TL (at the moment we only know it's coming - could be 3 months, could be 3 years). The plans for Cetriss in terms of bosses and tier (hoping for T5 with 6-7 bosses in it). Also curious on how much resources the crafting revamp takes up from the dev team, new content has been quite slow, wondering if that's the norm now or it's due to a lot resources being used on this.
    Good suggestions, I will try to include some info on this. I have been trying to stay away from timelines because of obvious failures to deliver on them in the past.

I'll ask marketing to grab some screenies...it is a little hard to promise those things as they are generally not my call about when/how assets of that kind is released.

I would like to see a status on some of the know bugs within the game. Stuff like the broken Renown, the bugged quests in FotD (Crate) and Sword in E. Mts. Are these and other bugs on a to do list somewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    Good suggestions, I will try to include some info on this. I have been trying to stay away from timelines because of obvious failures to deliver on them in the past.

I'll ask marketing to grab some screenies...it is a little hard to promise those things as they are generally not my call about when/how assets of that kind is released.
    Is there a scenario if population worsens that the servers would be taken down and AoC is retired? Or is the resources or assests so small right now it can be up potentially for another 6 years?
    Raistbad/Backwoods/Dutchmaster/Rangerishard
    30,0000+ kills, 10,000+ mini, still bad
    Pre 1.04|Twitch|Post 1.04

Fixing this thing would be a "nice" thing:

http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=180602

Nice as in "mandatory". My chats are completely messed up - I have to redo all my channels and channel windows with some characters each time I log in. And others tell me the same thing. It appears to be a pretty simple thing to fix, and is really, really annoying.
    Make Hyboria raid again!

Khaletoheps AoC-Youtube-Channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Khaletohep

Guides zu Klassen & allen HM-Solo-Inis:
    http://www.nachtwind-gilde.com/guide...-age-of-conan/

Quote Originally Posted by Khaletohep View Post
    Fixing this thing would be a "nice" thing:

http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=180602

Nice as in "mandatory". My chats are completely messed up - I have to redo all my channels and channel windows with some characters each time I log in. And others tell me the same thing. It appears to be a pretty simple thing to fix, and is really, really annoying.
    Pretty sure there's a fix for it somewhere on the boards.

There's a little tool linked in the thread I linked, yes. But having a screw driver doesn't make it less annoying to have a screw on your chair which loosens every time you sit down.
    Make Hyboria raid again!

Khaletoheps AoC-Youtube-Channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Khaletohep

Guides zu Klassen & allen HM-Solo-Inis:
    http://www.nachtwind-gilde.com/guide...-age-of-conan/

Please do. More and more people are leaving because of the same boring content. I know some would come back to see the new raid and probably some decent pvp content. How long would you honestly continue to pay for a game where something/anything is barely happening. And when is the last time you logged into this game?
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

So tell me what you'd like the hear about? I am sitting here writing it - so let me know!
    I think, it is a good service from the GD to write a monthly letter, because it is a life-signal but...
    The letter should contain precise and reliable information, where we can discuss about - and a screenshot! One screenshot every month from your work done last month, trial-experimentations or upcoming changes will provide discussions among the community.
    IMHO discussions from us players over the content is important to keep up our expectations from you: A new monster, a new area (Cetrisssss), new crafting-UI, new item-stats... Just something to discover on the screen so we can discuss about what we have seen and what we might expect. This will give you the most valuable from us (except money ^^): FEEDBACK!
    You will read our concers or cheers on your plans.

Please have a look at the crafting-section on TL: For more then 6 months nobody is discussing there, because there is nothing to discuss, even to expect. The last screen was in Oktober 2013 but it was very similar to the ones in the video from January 2013 with Craig at MMORPG.
    Please show a new screenshot about a crafted armor or alchemy-products, talk about the new ressource-nodes, the fate of the guild-cities or the changing of existing materials (of course it is in your hands: if you tell us that you throw away all resources, then the prices will collapse right then...)

GIVE US FEED!
    we will give feed-BACK!
    Ich ignoriere die Beiträge von Zatochi und gehe daher nicht auf sie ein!

"Ich besteh ja zu 90% aus Ellenbogen und 10% Herz... Und Gehirn natürlich... nochmal 30, 40%. Durchsetzen - mit Charme und Köpfchen!"
    [Stromberg]

Das bin ICH!(That´s ME!) Meine Videos: Ein Tag in KhemiEin Tag in ConarchOutside Khemi

Set bonuses I won't talk about in the letter because it is a bit specific for a letter that is aimed at general community (the letters are not about informing hardcore players, they are general information for all players).
    I understand you cant't tell us specific details about everything you guys are working on in the monthly letter, but this letter is almost the only source of information we have.

Sure, there are things going on on TL, and every dedicated player has the opportunity to read the TL-forums, but you are the face for us who confirms information.

I totally agree with you that timelines are not a good thing for mentioned reasons, but we just don't know what you guys are working on and what is top on your priority list. There are many things out in the dark which we have either no information about or we don't know if you have already dumped them...like:

-T1-4 vendors
    -next raid T4? 4,5? 5?
    -single server tech...still top priority?
    -crafting system...second priority? first? Which bits of information we got in the past are outdated?
    -new minigame...priority?
    -Your asked about ideas for the 3 crafting mission zones...working on that or pushed aside for more important stuff?
    -Hyborian Race, still coming?

Big bugs still in the game:
    - Renown/ranking system is totally buged (on Crom), are you aware of this and working on it? What are GMs allowed/supposed to do about this (every GM handles it differently)?
    -rezzwindow still/again/still buged

Don't give us timelines, but perhaps share more information with us about the priorities.

And it's not all about what information you are giving, it's more about how. E.g. the new PvP-gear was presented in a...hotfix, updatenotes followed after hours. I know you want to push things live as fast as you possibly can to smooth the raging masses, but there might be better ways to present your work to us.

Udates are coming very slowly, and that is finde for me. But if you have something ready for the live servers, make a big anouncement at the forums, use the patcher infobox, tease us. If you do it that way, every small improvement will be celebrated and not almost overlooked.

Books are jugded by there covers, and we jugde you guys by what you give us. So please, tell us if you have goodies for us, otherwise we won't even recognise.

Edit: I don't really know if a GD monthly letter is the right way to present answers we ask for, because as you said it is not mainly a way to inform players about details. And if it's not, we desperatly need other sources of information from you, like this "Your Voice" thing, which sadly stopped after the person in charge of it left FC.
    Last edited by Feadara; 30th March 2014 at 03:18.

All I really care about at the moment is the crafting update. Importantly, are the current mats in game definitely going to be converted to new mats or are they going to become complete wastes of time/gold? And approximately when will it be available? This summer? This year? This decade?

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast