Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Explain +healing please

you don't need to sacrifice condemnation to get fully feated blessing. Purification of mitra is awesome, light of mitra is way to go if your group don't have tos with manatap (you may not need mana yourself but i'm sure dt and mages in your might need.. if not, then choose spec with purification). Divine intervention don't work on raid / hm bosses (haven't re-checked it for few months so there might been some ninja changes which i doubt..). you only need 1 point in holy accession to proc holy storm and healing ingredient for lance of mitra is cool if you can control mana with it.

p.s where you need relentless faith or splash dmg for smite?

Quote Originally Posted by Shax84 View Post
    What is most efficient by a healer. Doing 1k+ dps and keeping blues and greens up, doing big heal at 70% tank hp?

Or doing the odd combo or spell and only spamming heals...

In a sixman, the healers are 1/6th of the dps potential. All three healers has capabilities of doing high dps with not much effort. Lets say at Flame.. Good dps there is worth quite a lot of healing if it can save you from the 3rd Burn Skin. Also at Vortex, if the area is starting to get flooded, people getting kb'd onto water or edge.. Or at Coppice when there is black **** everywhere. Good dps, worth a lot of healing. Every second the healer does damage, he saves the tank from taking extra damage from the added time in fight if he had not been doing damage.

I have been farming a fair amount of RT's on my Conqueror the past month and the reoccuring state of things are that my Brute Conqueror is regularly on 2nd or 3rd spot of dps on the parse. Usually around 800 dps. I see HoX, Ranger, PoM, BS, even Demo and Necro below me on parsers. Feeling like there are a lot of players that aren't completely green, but far from good. I can only encourage experienced players to try and help them out, and not sound like an ******* while trying to do so. Especially PoM and letting them know about gear priority, spell synergies and the importance of keeping Divine Halo stacked during a fight. But also BS and Natures Revenge.

This highlights what the issue is in the game in general. Most soldiers are no longer tanky enough and are choosing to dps instead. On my Demo I can only dps 3 seconds out of every 6 seconds because if i dps at full potential the tanks cannot hold aggro - this is why tanks surpass me on the DPS lists, no other reasons.

The problem with AA since it came out is that everyone went AA crazy. Some of the instances we ran in blues and greens are now asking for AA or you can't get into the instance to begin with.

Heal Rating is nothing special and neither are the AA heals. They were never meant to become the new staple and they are what separates good healers from bad healers. The game was always about positioning, timing, talking with your team mates and the AA system and heal rating links in with this. It is not about a one button mash heal to save the world. It's about giving a healer another set of tools to use in specific circumstances - which is what AoC is all about.

I love my PoM and I think the system is fine the way it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Thengal View Post
    This highlights what the issue is in the game in general. Most soldiers are no longer tanky enough and are choosing to dps instead. On my Demo I can only dps 3 seconds out of every 6 seconds because if i dps at full potential the tanks cannot hold aggro - this is why tanks surpass me on the DPS lists, no other reasons.
    The reason why tanks are not 'tanky' enough anymore and have to opt for more dps is because of shimpanza damage dealers that start shooting instant casts for example while a boss comes running, pull aggro, have to stop damage or die and end up below soldiers on the damage parse.

I always have to laugh when I see a AA tree of a dps class that has trained all +damage feats yet doesn't even have subtle illusion and 5% -hate, yet still complain about tanks losing aggro.

Don't mess up cause and effect.

I always found more damage = less healing required =D After all, no need for heals if the target is dead at your feet!

I'm just being silly now.

Quote Originally Posted by Maly View Post
    Way i see how healers "should" work is to let tanks play as aggressively as they can, that gives everyone else more safety doing their "stuff". Call me bad if i sacrifice some personal dps to let 5 others in group play more efficiently, it's just my PoV.
    On my Demo I can only dps 3 seconds out of every 6 seconds because if i dps at full potential the tanks cannot hold aggro
    Keeping tanks safe (and i mean safe enough so they dont have to think about switching gear back to more defensive or using defensive combos instead of agro combos)
    -> more agro
    -> more dps from the monkies
    -> faster encounter overall.

Even if i need to sacrifice few extra seconds for celestial and few extra heal gear instead of dps, it still worth it.

And on topic: http://joharaoc.eu/aaheal
    Last edited by medke; 14th July 2016 at 07:17.
    Johara / Shimi / Joxli - Tainted Souls - Crom
    Feat planner - Achievement list - AA heal calculator

The problem with AA since it came out is that everyone went AA crazy. Some of the instances we ran in blues and greens are now asking for AA or you can't get into the instance to begin with.

Heal Rating is nothing special and neither are the AA heals. They were never meant to become the new staple and they are what separates good healers from bad healers. The game was always about positioning, timing, talking with your team mates and the AA system and heal rating links in with this. It is not about a one button mash heal to save the world. It's about giving a healer another set of tools to use in specific circumstances - which is what AoC is all about.

I love my PoM and I think the system is fine the way it is.
    1.Play with decent tanks and don't burst like a monkey the first 3 seconds and on agro resets.You will still get outdpsed by certain tanks/players in certain encounters due to movement ,limited sw ability etc.
    2.Celestial gaze tends to heal more than big heals in end tiers these days...heal rating is very much special ,people who say otherwise just don't want to use it because "they end up lower on the parser" as far as pve goes.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345