Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Explain +healing please

Default Explain +healing please

I have several pieces of armor that have + Heal Rating. When all are worn the total is 308 under bonus healing.

I wanted to "test" how much difference this makes, so I jumped off a ledge and cast a heal. I recorded the amount of healing per tic. I did this with Radiance, wave of Life, and emanation od Life.

I then took off my armor and had a bonus healing of 0. I logged out, and back on. I repeated the tests with all three heals.

The results with 308 and 0 healing bonus where exactly the same.

So the question is, what does healing bonus do? How high do you need to get it to make any difference?

Thanks

Heal Rating improves AA heals, like Celestial Gaze and Shimmering Invocation (PoM). To make it any worth you need 2K+ of heal rating.
    Drunk Templar Cimmerian

It's a crap stat. The lower you had on your gear, the better.

how can extra big healing with 25s cd or give 4-7k tank bubble with 90s cd (pom emissary of elysium) or 3-5k aoe heal with tos idol (with decent hr ofc) to be bad stat? or is it because need to stop dps for 1.5-2s to cast them?
    Tanks can always swap aggro if they take too much dmg but it doesn't go like in movies always. I don't know much about healing on any of priest toons but if i like to play healbot, it's my decision. don't need to prove anything with dps, i'm happy if i don't need to hit rez button or run back from rez pad for getting those extra few secs of dps time.

Quote Originally Posted by Bibik View Post
    It's a crap stat. The lower you had on your gear, the better.
    Imo you underestimate Heal Rating and AA heals a bit too much..
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

Cause it don't work really like that. HR spells are very slow-cast, very static, very specific on their mechanisms.
    So basically you have to stack tons of HR to made them works well (except maybe idol)
    You have to play them at very specific timing in a fight.
    Tanks are moving ? GL and enjoy your long CD.
    A dpser took damage in the same time you cast your Emissary ? And this 2k bubble is wasted, enjoy the long CD.
    Have you ever played Eyes of Sets in PvE ? ****ing joke. And how many times i've seen "so-called" healers using CG with less than 1000 in HR, hitting 1 tank at 95% hp and one dpser with it, cause during the time of positionning + cast time the rest have moved like 2 meters away the stupidly low-sized cone. Not even talking about how buggy the cone is with some areas.

I've played enough thoses spells since the release of Kithaï, and except Sleuth of Bears which is very nice cause it's the close to "fire and forget" with few rooms for errors (the heal is automatically balanced between players who need it, awesome !) the rest are like the worst healing spells i've ever played in rpgs.

So yeah, you can play them to sustain tank's errors, healbotting some mages/rogues who have put all their gear and stats in the DPS department and nothing in the survival one... but in the end, it's a deal where you're the one who lost something : gimping yourself to let the others play like they want to.

I hate this stat, they could made something way better like improving vanillas heals and heals from feat tree, but they made this borked stat with thoses fail spells and wasted it in all priest gears since 2010. The worst is post-2010 players are considering thoses as "must-have" even in low-tiers raiding/groups. Bah !
    Last edited by Bibik; 20th March 2014 at 12:30.

Quote Originally Posted by Bibik View Post
    Cause it don't work really like that. HR spells are very slow-cast, very static, very specific on their mechanisms.
    So basically you have to stack tons of HR to made them works well (except maybe idol)
    You have to play them at very specific timing in a fight.
    Tanks are moving ? GL and enjoy your long CD.
    A dpser took damage in the same time you cast you Emissary ? And this 2k bubble is wasted, enjoy the long CD.

I've played enough thoses spells since the release of Kithaï, and except Sleuth of Bears which is very nice cause it's the close to "fire and forget" with few rooms for errors (the heal is automatically balanced between players who need it, awesome !) the rest are like the worst healing spells i've ever played in rpgs.

So yeah, you can play them to sustain tank's errors, healbotting some mages/rogues who have put all their gear and stats in the DPS department and nothing in the survival one... but in the end, it's a deal where you're the one who lost something : gimping yourself to let the others play like they want to.

I hate this stat, they could made something way better like improving vanillas heals and heals from feat tree, but they made this borked stat with thoses fail spells and wasted it in all priest gears since 2010. The worst is post-2010 players are considering thoses as "must-have" even in low-tiers raiding/groups. Bah !
    An efficient healer should use Celestial Gaze each time it is off cooldown if the tank is not full HP.

I disagree more or less with everything you wrote.. Maybe it's just a matter of PoV.

I'm a bit parser whore myself and I intentionally slack many times on heals not to loose few seconds of DPS, when it is not really needed (I often go in slack mode in Memory Cloud for example ).
    But this doesn't mean this is the good way to play healer.

If you need to keep your tanks up and save a wipe sacrificying few selfish DPS, there is nothing wrong in AA heals imo.

Let's say it's up to the player to decide when some heals can be sacrified or not (many times they can, AA heals are not often needed), but if extra-heal is needed, they work and can really make the difference sometimes.
    Last edited by Korando-AoC; 20th March 2014 at 12:40.
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

Sure it's a matter of PoV.
    I'm not even talking about healers, such things does not exist in my mind in AoC.
    Healers in MMos are dedicated healers (they have TONS of spells healing, protecting, special feat trees and so on). Priests in Aoc have like 3 heals spells in their initial concept, rest is dps/cc/buffs/debuffs. So i don't mind about people who likes playing theses as healer, but it's not their dedicated role and goal in my mind.

HR is to me a poor attempt to make priest of AoC working like dedicated healers of others MMos. It sadly shows their disrespect of the initial archetype concept of the game and made it so badly that they push the people to play thoses fail AA cause there was nothing else to sustain the increased ingoing damage on players and the improved health bar we have since the release. So in a nutshell, they forget to update vanilla heals accordingly to that and made AA heals to fill the gap with terrible spells, cd and stats.

Heal rating adds a portion of the rating to your healing spells or bubbles that use heal rating in Alternate Advancement window. It is 1/4th for Celestial Gaze, not sure what the coefficient is for the gold perks.

Heal rating does absolutely nothing for green, blue and big heals.

Gear recommendation, get SC big pieces, hands, belt and boots, with Yellow Priest wrists and shoulders. Goes for the same if you wish to get Tamarin Tiger staff or Shadows / Brittle weapon combo, only advantage is the armour from the shield.

Playstyle, it is brilliant for some encounters, and nearly useless for others. At Emperor which is a static fight where boss is stationary, Shimmering Invocation is great. At Archfiend of Gore not so much. Two examples out of the lot, you get the point if you know the fights.

The implementation of Heal rating in this game was mistake, due to many factors.
    Such as:
    Encounter designs. Spell designs. Gear designs (****ing over stat budgets)
    (good additional point is what Bibik said about vanilla healing power vs. how our healthpools expanded after 1.05, these AA heals did not cut it. They should have updated our hots/big instead)

Game has hardmode dungeons, t3.5 and t4 raiding. Yet Heal rating isn't needed to complete any this content, and that's, for me, where the main problem lies.

The idea is fair, just not given the changes and encounters needed to make them more worthwhile.

(though Sleuth of Bears has its weak points too. Try it in a minigame vs a dotting necro in other team. Stacks will be gone without doing much healing at all. Not saying the spell potentially isn't one of the better ^_^)

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast