Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rare epic loot on WB

Quote Originally Posted by uncreativex View Post
    The new epic accessories seem like complete ****... Nowhere close to Milestone/Khitai/Unchained loot...

Weapons are incredibly good though, but they seem to be so incredibly rare that very, very few people get them. When hours can go past in global with 100s of people farming WB and NONE posting that they got the new epic weapons, you know it's fricking rare.
    That's not true. Some of them are very good. The bs necklace, hate ring and necklace are good.

But evidently extremely rare.

Hundreds of kills for me and my only epic besides one pet was a bunch of useless T3 relics.

Well and... I mean, it's not like it's that much of a challenge that it would be fair to give better loots than those mentionned.
    Water is my bubble
    __________________________________________________ ____
    Religolibri (10) Ranger, trying something else
    Amtihotep (10) Hox, Using copy paste poss/gen feat

My only problem with the loot is the lottery aspect in a content that would not need a lottery.
    Lotteries can be fun, but not if a ticket costs 20 mins to 4 hours (on fury)

Sadly they did not choose the road of world boss specific quest steps or quests that would give players a choice to some extend in what loot they want at least ONCE from that specific portent. If they wanted another specific...they could join the lottery OR wait a year.
    One can even imagine a working token system to add more value to one boss kill. Or division of the luck by dividing the lists to give a roll in several categories (junk, consumeables, vanity, pet, power).
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 9th March 2014 at 07:51.

Quote Originally Posted by Chillee View Post
    a bunch of useless T3 relics.
    T3 relics are fine for new lvl 80 toons but there should be some kind mechanic that prevents drops to lowbies.
    There was a 74 lvl! Conq claiming he got 45 T3 relics from bosses. This guy was clearly a newbie, asking how many relics he needs for the big piece...ridiculous.
    Emirri - Dark Templar
    Naerri - Herald of Xotli, Arrienne, Argene, Barbeena, Conqubinne, Shaniz, Shinzei, Laylani and Dorela

Quote Originally Posted by Naerri View Post
    T3 relics are fine for new lvl 80 toons but there should be some kind mechanic that prevents drops to lowbies.
    There was a 74 lvl! Conq claiming he got 45 T3 relics from bosses. This guy was clearly a newbie, asking how many relics he needs for the big piece...ridiculous.
    Why should lowbies be prevented from getting T3 relics? It's not like T3 is especially good for most of the classes... or substantially better than T2.

Anyways, it's not like lowbies getting raid gear is anything new with the world bosses. I started playing months before they were announced, and got multiple T1 pieces on my 60ish first character from joining T1 pugs.

Quote Originally Posted by uncreativex View Post
    Why should lowbies be prevented from getting T3 relics? It's not like T3 is especially good for most of the classes... or substantially better than T2.
    Well especially for conqs BD gear is still very relevant even nowadays. Prots on Fearless big pieces are quite low.
    Emirri - Dark Templar
    Naerri - Herald of Xotli, Arrienne, Argene, Barbeena, Conqubinne, Shaniz, Shinzei, Laylani and Dorela

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt2013 View Post
    My only problem with the loot is the lottery aspect in a content that would not need a lottery.
    Lotteries can be fun, but not if a ticket costs 20 mins to 4 hours (on fury)

Sadly they did not choose the road of world boss specific quest steps or quests that would give players a choice to some extend in what loot they want at least ONCE from that specific portent. If they wanted another specific...they could join the lottery OR wait a year.
    One can even imagine a working token system to add more value to one boss kill. Or division of the luck by dividing the lists to give a roll in several categories (junk, consumeables, vanity, pet, power).
    Really really need to add a vendor, and some sort of token system. After say, 200 relics able to trade in for any purple item or pet.
    This lottery crap favors only people who are lucky. I am far from one of them.

I am constantly farming the entire week of the WBs, never gotten a purple accessory/weapon, barely ever get a purple box. Please add vendor to game.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

I for one actually like the fact that even total lowbies can get t3 gear for free, i really see no harm in it.

I've also seen that guildless green geared conq posting the gorgeous 2H protection sword i'm trying so hard to get, and while i'm incredibly jealous and mad about it, it's still awesome for the guy.

All in all, t1-2-3 sets are nice giveaway, cool vanity sets for veterans who sold theirs years ago and decent power boosr for free players and newbies. Seems like win-win to me.

Nothing against freebies or a more open approach here too...at least for temporary content.
    But this onesided focus without offering or changing things in T1,2,3 (accesswise, more lootvariationwise, more tokens, weapons buyable etc.) is just ridicolous. Remember, this is intended as permanent content!
    How many t3 tokens can you get during one week/month? How many can you get in a lottery? How easy is it to organize/join a raid regularly and keep it going compared to the lottery? What is done to keep people getting into socializing raids or offered for guilds in return?

And the lottery effect is there, even if actually not many get lucky...the problem is they keep trying and neglecting other things. And this is not what the original devs and designers who spent their talent to create the gameworld deserve. This at least is a risk to be looked at, imo.

If you had the power loot access limited by cooldowns, tokens, quest rewards etc. and/or not a repeatable part of the lottery (so, not repeatable wins of the same power loot for example) it might be more in line with the rest of the game.
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 11th March 2014 at 14:52.

Quote Originally Posted by Halfdead View Post
    Really really need to add a vendor, and some sort of token system. After say, 200 relics able to trade in for any purple item or pet.
    This lottery crap favors only people who are lucky. I am far from one of them.

I am constantly farming the entire week of the WBs, never gotten a purple accessory/weapon, barely ever get a purple box. Please add vendor to game.
    Me either.

I finally gave up chasing them. I got the basilisk pet last time and a few of the blue buff potions, but the rest was trash. Most of the purples boxes I've got, which aren't many, were useless T3 relics. Just don't understand why they think it's a good idea to chase boss from instance to instance for the .1% chance you will get a good item. And people wonder why so many hit the boss once and go afk?

If I'm not raiding, I'll do it a few times, do it once on my alts, and quit. If their goal is to get people like me to log off, mission accomplished.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast