Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Isle of Iron Statues on Bear Shaman

Default Isle of Iron Statues on Bear Shaman

Hiya, just took my bear to 80. I tried out the Isle of Iron Statues fight and I just can't seem to kill enough statues during the fight to prevent them from swarming me and killing me repeatedly. Any insight or tips on this fight would be appreciated.

I've been able to kill all the ranged statues initially, but then don't have enough time to kill off any of the soldier statues. Again, any insight would be appreciated.

First, kill the priest statues before they convert, otherwise they will chain stun you.

Second, look around the room: there is a pillar with a couple of rocks next to each other. If you jump over the rocks the mobs will run around the pillar. Then you can hit one or two, kite over the rocks, hit again, kite kite kite.

I've done it on my bear and maybe have about three or four left at the end to kill. Once I get the priest ones down I just go after the one closest to me. If you get down to two or three (in mostly t2 gear) you should be ok. If not, just kite them through those two rocks and get a breather.

Are you using the gem to stun them?^^ and yes take down the priests first. It shouldn't be hard at all on BS, you can easily kite and heal up anyway. While kiting you can still kill them with internal bleed's dot (you can use manif of winter to snare them and deal some pulsing aoe around you too). Feel free to use an Iron Hide spec (might be a good idea when you have little gear actually).
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

If the character just hit level 80, it might be an equipment issue. The statues can be cc'ed, kited and so on, but basically, it's a DPS/equipment check. The Isle of Iron Statues is meant, in my understanding, for relatively well equipped characters and players with quite a lot of experience with their class.

My suggestion: Check if you can get better gear first. A nice weapon, for example, can be picked up at the first boss in Ardashir Fort (you can even kill the boss on another character and just pick it up with your BS if it drops). Rank 3 (blue) Tamarin tiger gear is really great if you've got the Marks and Insignias to spend.
    Make Hyboria raid again!

Khaletoheps AoC-Youtube-Channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Khaletohep

Guides zu Klassen & allen HM-Solo-Inis:
    http://www.nachtwind-gilde.com/guide...-age-of-conan/

The world boss is up for a week and will drop t1/t2 purples randomly: you can likely gear up your bear entirely that way, including t2 weapons. My bear from fury has mostly t2 and does the statues without much trouble.

Plus you might get t3 relics and even a rare chance at 3.5 stuff.

Thank you for your suggestions. Very much appreciated.

Your suggestions worked - success!!! Thanks again Forum.

hmm... I always use the stone, dps a bit (a combo usually, or a dot), then move on to the next one. By the time I done them all, I finish the one still alive. Sometimes I have to kill them after they reach the middle, but it only take a hit or so.

I never really bothered about the classes.
    Water is my bubble
    __________________________________________________ ____
    Religolibri (10) Ranger, trying something else
    Amtihotep (10) Hox, Using copy paste poss/gen feat

Some classes will find it a lot easier to do the statues, especially aoe ones like demo or tos. Bear shamans, assassins, etc are going to be more in the line of melee one at a time. And if you are just starting out, you don't have the nice gear to start with.

T2 will get you started there: look for sixmans willing to train up new players if you don't already have some on farm and try and find a new player type guild who will help you out in game with questions like this and hopefully chances at raids and sixmans in guild. You might have to guild hop a bit to find one that fits your play style and time period the best though.

World boss kills will help gear you up, especially if you have issues getting into t1/t2 raids...and will make khitai easier to go into and fight mobs within.

You dont need any special gear on a BS they gear you end up with when you ding 80 is fine. Just kill the priest statues first and then the rest - if youre slow with combos kite a little.

You shouldn't have any problems.
    Pvp in AOC is Awesome!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast