Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Keybind ideas for Dark Templar?

Default Keybind ideas for Dark Templar?

I have always been a clicker in PvE and PvP but I want to try and get the hang of using keys instead so I at least have a chance in 80 minis so anyone got any tips?

every ability gets a keybind

for the actual game i have keybinds from f1-f6, /-7, Tab-y, Caps-h, Shift-n

get one of those razors for some right hand keys

Place things around your left hand (the hand that sits on the keys you use to move anyway). For example on my azerty keyboard I use zqsd for movement and I bind everything around it so I don't even need to move my hand (just for f1-f5 keys on my BS). I also use key combinations (alt+ something or ctrl+ something). I put my most used combos on the keys right above the spacebar (feels the most natural to me) and my panic button on all classes is ctrl+n (I don't like making it a simple key otherwise I might use it by accident). For DT that would be blood pact

It's all personal preference though, some people love having loads of binds on their mouse - I personally have none and my mouse is only used for moving and selecting targets when tab isn't doing the job.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Currently, roll face on keyboard. After balancing, well reroll if you have problems now! :P

Seriously though, start a sin, barb, or hox to learn movement skills.

Quote Originally Posted by TwyzHD View Post
    I have always been a clicker in PvE and PvP but I want to try and get the hang of using keys instead so I at least have a chance in 80 minis so anyone got any tips?
    First of all, I am not a PvP'er. But a pretty good PvE'er, and I would have used the same binds just replacing certain spells and abilities. On my DT, I got the following.. Movement standard with WASD and space as jump, shift as sprint.

<ZXCVB bound to spells and abilities, depending on build it's Charge, Stamina thingy, SoC / Shadow Hex, Martyrdom / Dooming Precense, Blood Pact, Dark Hand / Seal of Yog

Shift + C is resolve, Shift + V is Soul Barrier.

Alt +Q/E toggles frenzy and defensive

Front thumb button on mouse (got two) is Cunning Deflection, Shift + front thumb button on mouse is Hex Marked Soul.

F / Shift + F are the stuns

Alt + R weapon swap

Alt + 123 are potions

4-8 are BfA, LL5/6, ASfoF 4/5.

F2, F3, F4 are Unhallowed Blight, Mystical Bane 4/5.

Got buffs on Shift + 2, paths on Shift +3.

Non relevant to PvP, Shift + < is Dread Shadow and Shift + Z is Goad.
    Last edited by Shax84; 27th February 2014 at 09:00.

Place martydom and seal of chaos near eachother. Get a g600/razer naga.

Quote Originally Posted by Loaf-of-Evil View Post
    Currently, roll face on keyboard. After balancing, well reroll if you have problems now! :P

Seriously though, start a sin, barb, or hox to learn movement skills.
    well said

these classes also have fewer keybinds

basically u should always be able to move with the keybinds you have

One thing I can suggest is if you're using a qwerty key board, do not use wasd for movement. Pick esdf or even one more space over. This way, you have an even number of keys to the left and right of your home finger position. Also be sure to get rid of binds or move these useless ones. I forget by now what the default keys are but you don't need to waste valuable hot key space on crap like opening the feat window or abilities tab.

I also suggest avoiding the use of shift or cntrl for alternate keys if at all possible. It depends on how many keys you can comfortably reach and whether or not you have a mouse with additional buttons, but with a razer naga and rdfg for movement I can easily reach every key I need and I keybind everything. Cntrl is alright I guess, but shift always got me screwed up while trying to sprint.
    Last edited by Erock25; 27th February 2014 at 17:26.
    Baneric / Munok / Johnkruk / Tomjones / Elgranorgo

US first kills - Arch Lector Zaal, Bat of Nerd Rage, Emperor, Cloud, and Entity.

Quote Originally Posted by Erock25 View Post
    Cntrl is alright I guess, but shift always got me screwed up while trying to sprint.
    F10 -> Interface -> Disable hotbar switching while running. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Erock25 View Post
    One thing I can suggest is if you're using a qwerty key board, do not use wasd for movement. Pick esdf or even one more space over. This way, you have an even number of keys to the left and right of your home finger position. Also be sure to get rid of binds or move these useless ones. I forget by now what the default keys are but you don't need to waste valuable hot key space on crap like opening the feat window or abilities tab.

I also suggest avoiding the use of shift or cntrl for alternate keys if at all possible. It depends on how many keys you can comfortably reach and whether or not you have a mouse with additional buttons, but with a razer naga and rdfg for movement I can easily reach every key I need and I keybind everything. Cntrl is alright I guess, but shift always got me screwed up while trying to sprint.
    That's a solution too, but never got used to that and too lazy to rebind my billion games and relearn to position my hand. I love WASD cos my hand never gets "lost", I never ever look at my keyboard and I'm often in the dark (and black keyboard with no backlight) so it's important for me to feel precisely where my hand is on the keyboard. If I can't feel the big buttons on my left... repositioning needed I also turned off the caps lock function in Windows so I can use it like a normal key (on aoc it's just my push to talk button though)
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast