Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Why is Blood and Gory not more popular?

Quote Originally Posted by K4nnyc View Post
    The common factors here is "get gear before doing pvp" or "get gear to dominate weaker players and wave epeen".

For some strange reason people thought that these 2 things wont happen in RAGE server but it has. And the problem is massively worse on RAGE because of no Bori, no K6s, and no T4 Raiding. Bear with me i'll explain...

You see there are 2 guilds on RAGE, between them they have the majority of the top level pvp players on RAGE, they are pvp 8-9-10 and unlike on Crom or Fury here it takes a fvcking long time to be able to get this gear to be competitive because the number of minis per day are limited. And if youre not in these 2 guilds youre not going to realistically level up in pvp. So your life here is getting owned 24/7 by infinitely better geared and people of dubious character. You are in blues they are in pvp 7-10 epics. You're just fishbait.
    You describe a population problem which is exactly the point of my post. All the complaints of getting owned by better geared guilds should be expected on this server type. Safety in numbers, find a solid guild, build a community etc.

If the population wasn't a problem the dynamics of guild politics could take care of themselves.

Finally, as long as all are needing to farm pve to improve at pvp that makes for some dang good skirmishes along the way. Sounds pretty fun to me.

Again, add a good population base and vibrant pvp community to exactly what you describe (minus complaint of needing pve to pvp or gear discrepencies which dont bother me at all and seem inherent) and I think you have a good thing going.

Again, I think AoC has a different pvp community than I have witnessed in other games. There seems very little stomach for a hardcore playstyle and the community fled instead of rallying around it.

Server transfers are the one thing Ive seen in this thread that could wreck a pvp server for the manipulation described. Everything else seems implied for the ruleset.
    Last edited by Theonicus; 27th February 2014 at 00:34.

Quote Originally Posted by K4nnyc View Post
    There was a huge problem with Bori on the regular servers where people could get full pvp 10 without doing any pvp, for years people farmed it, transferred to deserted servers to farm it faster then to transfer back when pvp 10.

Then T4 pve came out and it was better than the bori stuff so people farmed that, then they transfered to crom to get it faster and then they transfer back to fury.

The common factors here is "get gear before doing pvp" or "get gear to dominate weaker players and wave epeen".

For some strange reason people thought that these 2 things wont happen in RAGE server but it has. And the problem is massively worse on RAGE because of no Bori, no K6s, and no T4 Raiding. Bear with me i'll explain...

You see there are 2 guilds on RAGE, between them they have the majority of the top level pvp players on RAGE, they are pvp 8-9-10 and unlike on Crom or Fury here it takes a fvcking long time to be able to get this gear to be competitive because the number of minis per day are limited. And if youre not in these 2 guilds youre not going to realistically level up in pvp. So your life here is getting owned 24/7 by infinitely better geared and people of dubious character. You are in blues they are in pvp 7-10 epics. You're just fishbait.

On Crom or Fury you can go bori and close the gap a little - you can go Khitia and get some ok gear for pvp, you can raid T4 and be competitive.

You cant do this on RAGE. And the icing on the cake, 1 of the 2 guilds on RAGE is a HUGE hacking guild. IMO a complete waste of time to roll on RAGE.
    first part is accurate. second part, not so much. my pvp 9 sin with 22% to go till pvp 10, has done it mostly solo. u may not be part of a big guild, but the community being smaller, ppl know each other. no matter what server you are on, pvp t1 gear is more than enough to be competitive on a pug/open world stand point.

to the OP id like to say, when pvp does happen(especially minis) prime time US is the best, u work around the hackers of any server(theres 1 NA guy, some may remember him as greymouser, that tickles the servers with some not so legit stuff)

Quote Originally Posted by Theonicus View Post
    Again, I think AoC has a different pvp community than I have witnessed in other games.
    with any nostalgic 5yr vet, theyll tell you you missed out on some damn good stuff.

pvp community is wanning right now, some great plans by devs right now, just need some promo and special offers and somehow manage to leech pvpers from teso

Quote Originally Posted by camilleboucquill View Post
    with any nostalgic 5yr vet, theyll tell you you missed out on some damn good stuff.

pvp community is wanning right now, some great plans by devs right now, just need some promo and special offers and somehow manage to leech pvpers from teso
    Exalted/SA/Scum/Captain Morgans, the Spanish guild invasion - Aquilonia server was great fun for a good few years. But the PVP Development is so slow, if you can believe it, it's actually reverse development in some respects. The PVP good times are over now for AOC, they have been for a while. I'm sad for those that came too late and missed it. It was amazing fun for those few years and I'm grateful to Funcom for those fun times, but now it's not fun at all. Now its just dull, full of insane force multipliers and hacks.

PVP in TESO is good, I played the beta and tbh they are listening to pvpers and they have turned it around. SIEGE WARFARE IN TESO is the spiritual successor to DAOC, it's very, very, VERY good. The beta sieging in TESO is 1000% better than AOC which has been out half a decade.

For me the TESO pvp lacks weight and fatalities, it's characters lack the gravity of AOC's fights - but pvp in TESO is still good and I'm sure it will improve.

As for RAGE - it failed 3 months after it launched. That is a hard FACT.
    Last edited by K4nnyc; 27th February 2014 at 01:06.
    Pvp in AOC is Awesome!

First of all, AoC don't have enough players to make all 3 servers healthy enough. Secondly, everything based on PvP and created by Funcom FAIL, because Funcom and PvP community have different ideas about PvP content. And most important, such ruleset almost don't advertised and don't have any bright future. Because it have very small difference from other rulesets. Of course, Funcom was to late with such ruleset.

This type of server can not be so popular in this gamer generation. Fury Server fits those "PvPers" best cause there you dont lose anything when you get killed and can get PvP Level 10 without killing someone.
    It is perfect for those type of players to scream around how so great they are in PvP and go then to T4 Raid.
    But Rage Server has a lot of friends who love the ruleset cause it is hyborian ruleset and that you can not move your chars around servers like in a chess game. It is much more true gaming and true Conan experience than any other server.
    We love to take your money and the epic gear you forgot to bind, its our nature and we are happy that so many live this style with us here and all others run fast back to Mommy Bori.
    It can not be so much populated cause of this reasons cause it is hard to survive and take the hate of your enemies, but the one who stay...are true Conan fans, Hyboria was written for us by Howard and the people who cry whole time when are with us...there is a place even for you but please never call it Hyboria

The truth? too many elitist griefers.

If you kill them you're hacking and therefore bad.
    if they kill you you're bad and subject to ridicule.

Quote Originally Posted by gcustoms View Post
    The truth? too many elitist griefers.

If you kill them you're hacking and therefore bad.
    if they kill you you're bad and subject to ridicule.
    meh

i cant find your vid of your guard anymore btw

and they tell me rage is dead

u guys see how many ppl are online pvping right now?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast