Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Why is Blood and Gory not more popular?

Default Why is Blood and Gory not more popular?

I am just returning to AoC - this server ruleset didn't exist when I last played.

Once I read the details of the ruleset I thought - wow - this is the best ruleset ever! So needless to say I am surprised to learn by reading some of the forums that the server failed to garner a more vibrant community.

Forgive the novice asking for answers likely rehashed here a thousand times - but what went wrong?

The problem is, the best way for progress is pve and that on a hardcore-pvp-server

Quote Originally Posted by nico0815 View Post
    The problem is, the best way for progress is pve and that on a hardcore-pvp-server
    Really? That seems to be the point. Not enough players exist who enjoy a hardcore journey? If this is the reason that is just sad.

I personally prefer a pve game with pvp that overlaps. Incedental combat adds an element of adrenaline and danger I love. Otherwise I always have the content on my terms. Instance pvp when I want to, protected pve when I want to. I realize this is how most people need there game but I must admit sadness that more folks don't enjoy "look over your shoulder" pve that I do.
    Last edited by Theonicus; 26th February 2014 at 16:58.

Problem is, which was explained many times by many people before this server was opened, is that the majority of players when this was opened already had multiple 80 they had worked years on. Only dference between this server and fury is the guards and lack of bori.

Not enough difference to completely ignore and forget the years you spent on a different pvp server. Not to mention the problems we cannot speak about recently.

Also, you sound like someone else that posts on these forums...

Quote Originally Posted by Loaf-of-Evil View Post
    Problem is, which was explained many times by many people before this server was opened, is that the majority of players when this was opened already had multiple 80 they had worked years on. Only dference between this server and fury is the guards and lack of bori.

Not enough difference to completely ignore and forget the years you spent on a different pvp server. Not to mention the problems we cannot speak about recently.

Also, you sound like someone else that posts on these forums...
    Hmm...interesting regarding "problems we cannot speak of". As for sounding like someone - thats refreshing - hopefully more people share this opinion. While novice to AoC pvp I am not to incidental pvp in general.

Pre-planned pvp is contrived, anticipated, and controlled - to wax more philosophical I like "worldly mmo's" without the separating of elements into entirely different games.

Incidental pvp in my pve please. And I love to pve by the way.

i wouldnt have a toon on rage if i hadnt been powerleveled, whenever i want to place 1 of my 11 other toons it has to be done on another server

forced pve to pvp, cant play all your toons on the server, 2 main reasons why it failed

Quote Originally Posted by camilleboucquill View Post
    i wouldnt have a toon on rage if i hadnt been powerleveled, whenever i want to place 1 of my 11 other toons it has to be done on another server

forced pve to pvp, cant play all your toons on the server, 2 main reasons why it failed
    Interesting. You see I like forced pve to pvp or vice versa as it merges all aspects into the same game/world. The overlap is good. Otherwise it comes back to separate games and controlled environments.

PVE with the threat of pvp is fine with me. I did it for years on Nagafen in EQ2 until SOE killed it by increasing the separation of pve and pvp - Nagafen is dead due to constant "fixes" that destroyed the fabric of the server. However from its launch day when it was eq2's largest server for a couple years I leveled several toons to max level in a cuthroat environment.

Everyone seems happy with these clearcut fences and having the two experiences on their terms. I don't mind people preferring that - figured a server like this however would draw out more people of the mindset I am espousing. Less sterile, less control, a little messy, some ganking - sure, poor balancing - of course, unbalanced contests - undoubtedly. But unadulterated - absolutely. Guess not.

Seems AoC has a unique pvp culture. Even in these server forums I see "duel", "premade", "minis" over and over.

At the start, Eu blood and glory server rage was full of population there were like 10 instances in tortage, 7-8 in wild lands, 6 in field of the deads etc...But the problem was that when ppl reached lvl 80 the became credit cards warriors or they were farming pve in order to get advantage in pvp.So in other words that server was almost exactly like the rest minus bori-guards-and loot dropping.As soon as ppl got this they either transfered their chars out or completely abandoned them going back to their mains that were playing for some years.

Also rage was so much infected with monkeys using third party programms,bots and whatever you can imagine that it wasnt even funny.(which I believe is still the same)
    Last edited by zeuss; 26th February 2014 at 22:46.
    IVORY TOWER

There was a huge problem with Bori on the regular servers where people could get full pvp 10 without doing any pvp, for years people farmed it, transferred to deserted servers to farm it faster then to transfer back when pvp 10.

Then T4 pve came out and it was better than the bori stuff so people farmed that, then they transfered to crom to get it faster and then they transfer back to fury.

The common factors here is "get gear before doing pvp" or "get gear to dominate weaker players and wave epeen".

For some strange reason people thought that these 2 things wont happen in RAGE server but it has. And the problem is massively worse on RAGE because of no Bori, no K6s, and no T4 Raiding. Bear with me i'll explain...

You see there are 2 guilds on RAGE, between them they have the majority of the top level pvp players on RAGE, they are pvp 8-9-10 and unlike on Crom or Fury here it takes a fvcking long time to be able to get this gear to be competitive because the number of minis per day are limited. And if youre not in these 2 guilds youre not going to realistically level up in pvp. So your life here is getting owned 24/7 by infinitely better geared and people of dubious character. You are in blues they are in pvp 7-10 epics. You're just fishbait.

On Crom or Fury you can go bori and close the gap a little - you can go Khitia and get some ok gear for pvp, you can raid T4 and be competitive.

You cant do this on RAGE. And the icing on the cake, 1 of the 2 guilds on RAGE is a HUGE hacking guild. IMO a complete waste of time to roll on RAGE.
    Pvp in AOC is Awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Theonicus View Post
    Interesting. You see I like forced pve to pvp or vice versa as it merges all aspects into the same game/world. The overlap is good. Otherwise it comes back to separate games and controlled environments.

PVE with the threat of pvp is fine with me. I did it for years on Nagafen in EQ2 until SOE killed it by increasing the separation of pve and pvp - Nagafen is dead due to constant "fixes" that destroyed the fabric of the server. However from its launch day when it was eq2's largest server for a couple years I leveled several toons to max level in a cuthroat environment.

Everyone seems happy with these clearcut fences and having the two experiences on their terms. I don't mind people preferring that - figured a server like this however would draw out more people of the mindset I am espousing. Less sterile, less control, a little messy, some ganking - sure, poor balancing - of course, unbalanced contests - undoubtedly. But unadulterated - absolutely. Guess not.

Seems AoC has a unique pvp culture. Even in these server forums I see "duel", "premade", "minis" over and over.
    1 of the problems with aoc right now is that it is a fairly large game for the population, regardless of the server. tortage however is fantastic, even 5 years in and rage being completely abandoned, skirmishes still happen all the time.

the world bosses have helped reassemble the population to have pve and pvp happen at a more concentrated area. but when the world bosses aren't there, pvp basically stops: hence duels, minis and premades is what the pvp community participates in and promotes

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast