Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Noobs destroying the fun

I see the point when someone joins a HM in blue gear (hidden ofc) and generally dies after 3 secs every time. But people have to start somewhere and someone have to tell them what to do to get better gear and so on. Thats the job of the guilds, but here is maybe the main problem in Aoc, too many hardcore guilds who only want pro players. All the rest struggles getting better since noone will teach em ****..

I absolutly agree there @Shax,

it can be a two sided problem, i should have wrote that part in my previous post.

In my opinion, a great part of it must come from the new player, not being to shy, speak up if he/she does not now something.
    On the other side, i fear that some players just won´t speak up, due to a behaviour of people like the Threadstarter.

Bigpapajack

Its really not hard to explain a dungeon. And for most dungeons gear and exp isnt required. Just an AA or two is all that is needed depending on class and which dungeon.

OP need to pull his head out of something

Quote Originally Posted by Aylis View Post
    Its really not hard to explain a dungeon.
    ...if you understand it. Some people look for AA/XP/Gear only to be led through without understanding all the tactics.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Quote Originally Posted by dubhuir View Post
    Too many 'pros' with no interest in new players in pugs with or helping them along. You may find a 6 man can be more rewarding if you interact, meet people and help others.. instead of just racing on autopilot for your lootz. You may even find you end up with more people to play with.
    You are right but guilds should also be a little more responsible to teach new people dungeon tactics or at least tell them that dungeon X HM is not suitable for them yet.
    I always try to be polite and not comment on fails in pugs but I only have one set of nerves so its proving to be quite hard.

I still remember one really useless DT "DPS offtank" on my last Monastery run. He was wearing wisdom gear from HoC and a tali (without tali mastery....) and did exactly 200 more DPS than my guardian. Ofc I had to solo it.
    Emirri - Dark Templar
    Naerri - Herald of Xotli, Arrienne, Argene, Barbeena, Conqubinne, Shaniz, Shinzei, Laylani and Dorela

Quote Originally Posted by Sloubi View Post
    So annoying... i m so bored to group with clueless ppl while i ask for exp ppl, that's not the worst... those morons generaly stay in the instance even after being kicked so the last one can"t come in.

My point is :

Can we get the same system as raids?
    I mean by that, after kicking a noob would be great that guy get teleported out of the instance and when he try to come back he will join his own instance instead of the current group.
    I agree. And the problem is not the new players, but the fact, that they didn't say: hey I'm pretty new here, could you please explain what do I have to do? Then you can explain in 2-3 min and you save 2-3 wipes (or more). In the raids I'm organizing it works, people send me tells like: I'm new here, can I join? I newer kicked newbies from raids because of this. But when they join a group, running around and dunno what to do, then i ask: dude, do you know what to do? and he answers: are you stupid, of course! - that makes me pissed too. My favourite was a sin started a mona/palace group and in flame he noticed he doesn't have FH...

guilds should be the place where one learns those instances and hardmodes. and when person knows what to do he/she can start joining pug groups.
    unfortunately guilds too provide bad advice and give false information. this is why we often see people jumping when boss is casting burn skin, just one example.
    other one is lack of creativity, being stuck in age old ways to do an instance. so when a boss in done in a different way, bodies start to pile.

hardmodes are not a place where you take your poorly geared char, hide gear and be carried and just collect reward. have the decency to have some proper gear and do your job so nobody can complain.

that worn out phrase AA/exp/gear doesn't mean anything unless the group leaders start kicking people who don't qualify. group leaders these days, raid leaders too, are way too forgiving and soft when it comes to kicking people.

he has a point , the truth lies somewhere in between . It ' true that if people ask AA / EXP / GEAR game remains stagnated and there is no replacement players , but it is also true that people are strange . First thing I often organize NM training but do not get a lot of adhesions (if a place does not drop epic is not worth to be seen, it seems). The HM are made for those who know at least NM , I have trouble explaining to people the tactics but the problem is that players often arrive instance ... and silent. Go to flame and the rogue does not know who serves his perk , when and where due and wipe. I'm sorry but if I go to a place that does not know the first thing I can tell (at least ask in guild if not in a group) on the other hand they also did not know anything do not bother to ask anything not to mention those who want to skip it altogether the progression . The last time it happened to me to organize a KK and asked for a MT ( although I'm now just wondering MT MT MT ask because when someone comes along blue dress , if you ask the OT there is now the fashion that the OT is a leachers pretending to do two combos waiting for the drop, green dress ) , comes this Russian guardian , dressed in a blusteel level 75 ( without gems ), no coat , accessories Tortage 18 - 20LV and a weapon out as gifts from snacks, I ask him politely to leave the instance and he sends me to **** off and remains in Russian nell'instanza . Even though we had cleaned everything we had to regroup and clean up the instance again !

Quote Originally Posted by Naerri View Post
    I still remember one really useless DT "DPS offtank" on my last Monastery run. He was wearing wisdom gear from HoC and a tali (without tali mastery....) and did exactly 200 more DPS than my guardian. Ofc I had to solo it.
    This happens more like a rule than not. On my T1/T2 geared Conqueror, I have done quite a few grindmill runs lately. Group leaders often want to kick me because I don't have Khitai purples. They search for MT. They get full khitai Guardian or Conqueror, which can not take agro off my Conqueror even when I go easy. And that often results in dps taking it before the useless MT can. So then I goad, and gamble on being able to solotank with the given healer. More often than not, I am successful, and the "MT" leaves or gets kicked due to not being able to do his job.

Quote Originally Posted by zujilin View Post
    The last time it happened to me to organize a KK and asked for a MT ( although I'm now just wondering MT MT MT ask because when someone comes along blue dress , if you ask the OT there is now the fashion that the OT is a leachers pretending to do two combos waiting for the drop, green dress ) , comes this Russian guardian , dressed in a blusteel level 75 ( without gems ), no coat , accessories Tortage 18 - 20LV and a weapon out as gifts from snacks, I ask him politely to leave the instance and he sends me to **** off and remains in Russian nell'instanza . Even though we had cleaned everything we had to regroup and clean up the instance again !
    Yep. This is in particular annoying if it is a long instance. Happened with us in Coils a few times, and just had to wait the 20 minutes for the character to drop.

And regarding the MT in KK, many players do not realize that physical mitigation gear is only needed for the bloated parasite in Yag. Everything else is protection, and sisters are tankable by light armor classes...

After 5-6 years in this game, most of the vets does not care about the new players, and most has forgotten that it actually takes time to play on the level they do. I'm half decent to quite good on the 12 classes, and can fill any role, anywhere. But then, I have a different dedication to the game. Spending time on the game when I am out of the game. Like now. Forums. This problem would be non existent if the new players took responsability and read up on tactics and guides BEFORE joining a group, expecting to be bottlefed all the info and / or be carried through.

I strongly recommend to spread this link:
    http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=181863

And this link:
    http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=181203

And ask players to read on those strats if you see anyone failing hard on their job. At least next time, there will be a possibility they can do it properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Sloubi View Post
    Can we get the same system as raids?
    I mean by that, after kicking a noob would be great that guy get teleported out of the instance and when he try to come back he will join his own instance instead of the current group.
    Aha so you can kick people and deliver item like last time you did? That was cape if I remember correctly?

But hey you no need raid system for it, just master loot and there yougo! ;D
    We will be Serious after death.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast