Thread: Gaining T3/T4 Gear Through PvP Faction Quests

Lightbulb Gaining T3/T4 Gear Through PvP Faction Quests

I propose a "faction" system that guilds must join as whole. This will allow for some interesting battles in open-world zones. Make it a sort of open-world "mini-game," if you will. This will allow smaller guilds to ally with larger ones to destroy large guilds in other factions. I think that with the current game population, 2 factions would be optimal. The PvP T4 trophies would simply be a more rare reward than PvP T3 trophies, and would result in a player having approximately enough trophies to buy PvP T4 gear when they reach the appropriate level, if they regularly complete daily PvP faction quests.

Instead of actual loot drops, the trophies, AA prowess, and a large portion of PvP XP will be rewarded by accomplishing daily PvP faction quests, such as killing a certain number of enemy faction players. These quests should be on a reasonably long CD (perhaps 12 hours) for two reasons. One, it'll allow the more casual players to keep pace with the players who never work or sleep. Two, it'll prevent guilds from farming each other simply to gain trophies and PvP XP. This would be a fantastic system, because it will promote PvP in all open-world zones, anytime, anywhere. It would also be a great replacement for Shrines of Bori.

One more thought... guilds should be able to drop out of or change factions, with a 24 hour CD before joining another faction. This would give guild leaders and their highest-ranking officers more control over the destiny of their guilds. It'll also make for some very interesting "Game of Thrones" sort of fun. This will be a great PvP option for Crom server, as well, and still give each guild the choice of whether or not they want to join in open-world PvP madness.

Best of all, this will allow PvPers and semi-PvPers, who went to Crom for the higher mini-game population, an opportunity for some "consensual" world PvP in almost any open-world zone.
    "Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." --Robert E. Howard

I've suggested this game mode many times, most notably after renown 1.06. Who knows if it'll work in this day n age doe.

How about gaining T3/T4 Gear Through PvP duels? More stupid ideas from lazy people...

semi-PvPers..............some "consensual" world PvP.............

You sir sin against Hyborian gods.
    Retired

thought this already existed, minus the ham-fisted rewards system. It's called sieges.

quests to kill other ppl. and stats a ton of stats.

minis: wins loses matches left, kills, deaths, flags capped, dmg done to totems, flag carriers killed, etc

open world: number of /pee emotes used on dead ppl, number of fannings done, 'kill a conq' raid quests complete (gives t4 stuff from killing any conq) ppl killed using guards, number of kesh duels ganked, etc (no trolling intended, so please mods dont ban me )

seiges: (class specific: demo) kills. etc

Quote Originally Posted by Slith View Post
    semi-PvPers..............some "consensual" world PvP.............

You sir sin against Hyborian gods.
    Well, we play in a virtual world, but we live in a real one. It takes all types to make the mmo world go 'round. Some open-world PvP is better than none, which is exactly what Crom has at the moment. The worst thing that FC can do is require premade minigames to get PvP T4 tokens. It's hard enough to get regular PuG games, and guilds will simply keep premades in-house and trade off minigame wins for tokens.

If you want real PvP, the open-world kind, then play on Fury. Of course, you might be waiting a while. It's a bit desolate there atm. Also, minigames pop constantly on Crom and rarely on Fury.

As much as I desire for a population that wants to compete in an actual open-world PvP environment, it simply isn't popular with most players. That being said, I'll take whatever I can get if it gives me some players to kill outside of minigames.
    "Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." --Robert E. Howard