Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Proposed class changes on TL. Interesting. (DT's be raging - guess why? lol)

Quote Originally Posted by Derled View Post
    are u kidding me, if u want OP **** ablity like TTS, there needs to be a downside, its ridicilous **** atm
    Did you actually read and understand what i wrote? Or is "if this, then" and different suggestions too complicated?

5m is still over the top, if nothing else changes. Also it will not adress the main problem (instant damage without castbar, cost or animation). If you want to nerf it without something in return just because the described "combo" annoys you, then just reduce the range slightly below the combo range.
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 23rd February 2014 at 14:10.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt2013 View Post
    Did you actually read and understand what i wrote? Or is "if this, then" and different suggestions too complicated?

5m is still over the top, if nothing else changes. Also it will not adress the main problem (instant damage without castbar, cost or animation). If you want to nerf it without something in return just because the described "combo" annoys you, then just reduce the range slightly below the combo range.
    Why do you think you should get something in return? It's called a rebalance. That means you take what you had, assess it, and determine if that number was too high in relationship to others, too low, or just right.

The developers, and most players, know that it's too high. Just like 95% of the population (including those two idiot ranger advocates who campaigned for those changes rather than being honest about them) knew that the original ranger revamp was extremely unbalanced but it went through anyway and for about 2 months we all got trolled with dying to dots from 1 trap and 1 bleeding puncture. Cirith, seems to care about ridiculous "balance" like that, so you should be happy they are rebalancing this one ability, because it will force a bunch of nabs off of making your class look bad. TBH, running shot and Deadly Draw is where it's at for experienced players.

So why should you get something in return for something that's already more than what you should have? Think about what other classes can do, from that range, instantly, and tell me how TTS is balanced, 35+ meters out, instantly doing 1.8-4k+ damage, is balanced against any other class.

Like I said, I would be happy that the re-rollers are getting a "nerf" to idiot OP abilities that anyone can use, like TTS. Let them go stink up another class and turn it into the noob friendly class. My bet is that we'll find them all playing necros a few weeks after all these changes go live.
    Doomsayer 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    Why do you think you should get something in return? It's called a rebalance. That means you take what you had, assess it, and determine if that number was too high in relationship to others, too low, or just right.

The developers, and most players, know that it's too high. Just like 95% of the population (including those two idiot ranger advocates who campaigned for those changes rather than being honest about them) knew that the original ranger revamp was extremely unbalanced but it went through anyway and for about 2 months we all got trolled with dying to dots from 1 trap and 1 bleeding puncture. Cirith, seems to care about ridiculous "balance" like that, so you should be happy they are rebalancing this one ability, because it will force a bunch of nabs off of making your class look bad. TBH, running shot and Deadly Draw is where it's at for experienced players.

So why should you get something in return for something that's already more than what you should have? Think about what other classes can do, from that range, instantly, and tell me how TTS is balanced, 35+ meters out, instantly doing 1.8-4k+ damage, is balanced against any other class.

Like I said, I would be happy that the re-rollers are getting a "nerf" to idiot OP abilities that anyone can use, like TTS. Let them go stink up another class and turn it into the noob friendly class. My bet is that we'll find them all playing necros a few weeks after all these changes go live.
    Well said mate!
    Only thing is i dont think they will go play necro. When they halfed duration of ftw to 20 sec noobs wont be able to go in dot - die and SW from rezz. Today in one JS one well known fury noob necro topped kills with 20/18 score (he usually dont top kills but sometimes he is lucky). After nerf to duration of ftw i doubt he will (and similar players) do good ever.

On tts topic, like many people said ranger can kill clothies during 1 cc. linebreaker, low hit, ps+advantage and tts. This fix is good thing but even better would be if tts is some kind of melee combo
    Linebreaker is also to strong atm and need fix.

Buff ranger melee side, add 1-2 more melee combos and fix some silly abilities. Rending strike, linebreaker and even work bit on current trap system.

You want to turn ranger into melee class?

Quote Originally Posted by lmagowz View Post
    Rangers deal some pretty awesome melee damage when equipped with the right weapon and buffs.

Who says you can't incorporate a little melee during a KB, jump back, switch to bow/crossbow and finish someone off. The few rangers that play that way (and I can count them on one hand) make the class look totally awesome and cool when you play with some style and use all your abilities.

The rangers that sit max range and spam the same scripted sequence: Marked Target, Line breaker/Shattering/Pen Shot/TSS make the class look crusty.
    Doomsayer 2008

Why not make it partly melee at least? Rangers can totally ignore melee atm and still be successful (and most go that route). Forcing them to use melee a bit can't hurt, on the contrary. It will make the class a whole lot less boring and less OP in pugs as well (as in, they can't just stand back racking up kills from a safe spot)
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Right now best fun on ranger is to finish someone with sword. But dmg with melee is low except with crit (tested ful t4 ranger on testlive and dmg was pretty sweet). Still knock. uper-lower hit, fire trap advantage and deft stab can do nice dmg and its more fun than bow/xbow.
    And sure i would love to see ranger have viable bow/xbow tree and melee tree. It would be fun hybrid class then

Make them use ccs only SS should be a starting point
    Шторм-кнут

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    *Linebreaker I think as a CC is ok, but it should not deal the kind of damage it does as a CC. Being as the range is only limited by how much +range a ranger can add, for being the longest range CC in game it's still fine as an end feat if it did minimal damage. KB is the best CC in game, and doing it from 30+ meters out is extremely powerful, it does not have to hit for 2k+ DPS for it to be balanced.
    Totally agree, why the **** an op kb like that should do same damage as pen shot ? It should do way less. Beeing a distance CC is powerful enough, there's no need for it do those good damage.

@Viroku dps with sword is awful against tanks. I even did a buffed deft stab that did 80 ****ing damage per tick on a gardian...with everything about melee damage feated...and T4 sword LOL

@Edwardus : you will definitely need to give ranger more constit/armor then because atm, really, traps aren't too much to survive. Especially since now every melee has great weapons. It would be nice and more interesting to play though.
    Last edited by Religolibri; 24th February 2014 at 15:46.
    Water is my bubble
    __________________________________________________ ____
    Religolibri (10) Ranger, trying something else
    Amtihotep (10) Hox, Using copy paste poss/gen feat

Quote Originally Posted by Religolibri View Post
    Totally agree, why the **** an op kb like that should do same damage as pen shot ? It should do way less. Beeing a distance CC is powerful enough, there's no need for it do those good damage.

@Viroku dps with sword is awful against tanks. I even did a buffed deft stab that did 80 ****ing damage per tick on a gardian...with everything about melee damage feated...and T4 sword LOL

@Edwardus : you will definitely need to give ranger more constit/armor then because atm, really, traps aren't too much to survive. Especially since now every melee has great weapons. It would be nice and more interesting to play though.
    They should evolve some more combos and feats around Sword and Dagger, since no other class in the game can use that weapon combination. I'd like to seem some melee debuffs for dealing with soldiers, and possibly some other combos added that increase evade or something like that. Having just 3 combos as an option for melee is not really much of an option, and they certainly have room enough to readjust feats in the ranger feat trees since some abilities are just copied from one tree to another.
    Doomsayer 2008