Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Don't forget to post on class tweaks

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticAsylumLA View Post
    You can. That is why we cast Exultation of Xotli, Hell on Earth, Inferno Curse, and other spells before the last step of Burn to Death, we can cast HFB after the first step, Chains after the second, etc.
    Or we can perform the combo's first hit, CC, finish the combo by moving to the point where you see no shields on the needed enemy's side so that the finisher hurts it the most and cast the HFB in between and interrupting a combo or spell that the rooted person was trying to do.
    The HoX is amazing!
    Also, timers between combo steps reset after certain events, helping us to utilize more things or move better, timing the resets appropriately!
    ....Dude you're really trying to get our class nerf...I just don't get it...All the people who play rangers think their class is bad, and want a revamp/buff, and when hox cleary needs it we get people like this...BTD is USELESS in PVP,as is hell on earth and Exultation of Xolti....

Burn to Death is very powerful in PVP (even the 3-step combo), and it is only your playstyle that affects whether you are using it or not.
    I see that Funcom did a very good job on this character, in every ability, spell, feat, and combo, and would prefer to leave our class as balanced as it rather than mess it up.
    Exultation of Xotli and Hell on Earth are essential (again, depends on your playstyle) for a lot of fights in PVE. Both are hard to use in PVP, so I do not feat them for PVP.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Burn to Death is very powerful in PVP (even the 3-step combo), and it is only your playstyle that affects whether you are using it or not.
    I see that Funcom did a very good job on this character, in every ability, spell, feat, and combo, and would prefer to leave our class as balanced as it rather than mess it up.
    Exultation of Xotli and Hell on Earth are essential (again, depends on your playstyle) for a lot of fights in PVE. Both are hard to use in PVP, so I do not feat them for PVP.
    honestly i use btd in pvp with pot but it can be only used vs bad players or players engaged in combat with someone else. Hox that try to use btd against good player 1v1 will find himself in world of pain.
    Hox is fun and can be pulled off if you are really good player, if not you will end with terrible kd and wont really enjoy it much. but truth is that it needs some slight tweaking. Not revamp since its fun class to play and dont want to see it dumbed down

The time you need to do BtD is longer than the general cc immun (3sec), so if someone kb you, then you try to do BtD after this kb, your target can stun you before you finish.

The only way to use BtD in pvp is to do it while the stun from DE if you're certain that your ennemy can't purge, but anyway it's better to use Flame Lash, ToX or Pillar.

Ok, you can often use it vs tanks with kite, but the pb is vs a tank, the dot is ridiculous.

Hox need serious tweaks.

Quote Originally Posted by slaznger View Post
    ....Dude you're really trying to get our class nerf...I just don't get it...All the people who play rangers think their class is bad, and want a revamp/buff, and when hox cleary needs it we get people like this...BTD is USELESS in PVP,as is hell on earth and Exultation of Xolti....
    LunaticAsylum is always saying that "everything is fine" on the HoX and that "we shouldn't try to tweak anything". Because you can perform well both in PVP and PVP with a HoX. Well, that's true, you can perform well, but another truth is that you need to deploy more skill with a HoX to deliver the same performance than another class. So either you need to tweak up the HoX, or to tweak down nearly all the other classes.

At equal skill, you will perform more poorly with HoX than with another class. It can be seen as "good" because that's mean you need skill to play hox, but it's terrible in term of class balance. However, I think we all agree on the fact that nobody want to see the HoX dumbed down by a crappy revamp. We want tweak that doesn't strip away the fact that you need to have skill, we sipply want tweak that bring HoX on par or closer to the other class in term of balance.
    -
    Fun fact : Not actually the same guy as the player named "Jaedelyia" in-game. Never though I would one day encounter a guy with the same nickname as this one.

Cirith is already overrun by pvpers and their ideas (good and bad ones). I think FC should focus on finishing the old world unchained modes and Dragonspine then crafting and pvp achievements/badges. Chewing on balance and class related questions will lead to a big nothing.
    Tainted Souls on Crom - Johara's Featplanner

Hushi (HoX) - Igne natura renovatur integra

Quote Originally Posted by pekka View Post
    Cirith is already overrun by pvpers and their ideas (good and bad ones). I think FC should focus on finishing the old world unchained modes and Dragonspine then crafting and pvp achievements/badges. Chewing on balance and class related questions will lead to a big nothing.
    I beg to differ. While major class revamps are obviously time-consuming, changing numbers on abilities is basically the simplest and quickest changes Funcom can make.

Cleaning up feat trees, significantly changing abilities or making new ones/deleting old ones, changing combo animations etc would be nice, and is what we expect at some point since hox didn't get a revamp, but this takes a lot of ressources.

However doing safe, quick and incremental changes like giving VoM a slight nerf, removing the stupid int/combat rating (fire) BTD bug, reducing Phoenix Cloak CD, reducing Chains/Tongue/Flamelash casttime, or buffing Hell on Earth are stuff that they could do extremely quickly, with likely no negative consequences if the buffs/nerfs were incremental, and without pulling ressources away from Palace of Cettris + Crafting revamp.

I am not trying to troll you or you, but it those combos/spells are bad; Only in pve they're good/somewhat useful(btd,EoX, and Hell on Earth...there is reason why most hoxs have negative kds....

I don't have a negative kd...and I don't just go for kills in minis =P
    I would do circles around u man if you tried any of that stuff tbh

Quote Originally Posted by viroku View Post
    honestly i use btd in pvp with pot but it can be only used vs bad players or players engaged in combat with someone else. Hox that try to use btd against good player 1v1 will find himself in world of pain.
    Hox is fun and can be pulled off if you are really good player, if not you will end with terrible kd and wont really enjoy it much. but truth is that it needs some slight tweaking. Not revamp since its fun class to play and dont want to see it dumbed down
    Or if you're in a mini with somewhat decent players....the animation is just waaaay to long...and isn't worth the dps to sit there that long.

Quote Originally Posted by slaznger View Post
    Or if you're in a mini with somewhat decent players....the animation is just waaaay to long...and isn't worth the dps to sit there that long.
    It's funny to use it on tank spec, flag carrying DT's. They're like paper without mana. :P

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast