Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crossbow - T2 vs. BB

Default Crossbow - T2 vs. BB

Which one is better?
    The BB one clearly has the better stats down below, but what throws me off is at the top
    Serpents Pull (T2): 130.2 DPS (167 - 263)
    Root of Death (BB): 125.8 DPS (176 - 277)
    Notice for T2, the first number is higher and the range is lower, whereas for the BB one, it is the opposite.
    Anybody care to explain this to me & tell me which one matters most?

I pass
    But I think they would both be really close on parse anyway.
    Water is my bubble
    __________________________________________________ ____
    Religolibri (10) Ranger, trying something else
    Amtihotep (10) Hox, Using copy paste poss/gen feat

Dps stats on the weapon might be lower? Perhaps the (damage) is the calculated answear.

You have to compare all the stats involved, base dps/combat rating/dexterity and so forth.

http://aoc.is-better-than.tv/armory.php

Use armor builder and compare stats.

In any case, if you are a ranger and don't have the T1 or T2, just get the faction bow, you can get it in a rather short time and don't have to deal with the randomness of T1/2 raid drops. BTW, the stats between the T2 and BB xbow are fairly minimal, but I think the T2 would be better cuz of the CDR and +range.

Quote Originally Posted by Texan615 View Post
    you can get it in a rather short time and don't have to deal with the randomness of T1/2 raid drops.
    This...grind might be evil but at least you know that for certain amount of time/work invested you get the desired item.
    Emirri - Dark Templar
    Naerri - Herald of Xotli, Arrienne, Argene, Barbeena, Conqubinne, Shaniz, Shinzei, Laylani and Dorela

Quote Originally Posted by Texan615 View Post
    In any case, if you are a ranger and don't have the T1 or T2, just get the faction bow, you can get it in a rather short time and don't have to deal with the randomness of T1/2 raid drops. BTW, the stats between the T2 and BB xbow are fairly minimal, but I think the T2 would be better cuz of the CDR and +range.
    if he´s a ranger without any T1/2 x-bow, he should go for the quest reward weapon from Yakhmar first, that´s almost a guaranteed epic (unless there are dlcks or like 4 rangers in raid)

then he can start saving for the faction one or hoping for a raid drop, if he feels lucky

ah, and on the OPs subject.. they´re more or less equal dps wise, I guess
    T2 xbow - 139.67 dps with merged stats, less crit and hit rating, but got some crit dmg rating, got +5 range(!)
    BB xbow - 139.55 dps with merged stats, more crit rating and hit rating, but no crit dmg rating, no bonus range
    Last edited by Argantes; 18th February 2014 at 09:55.
    aka Morte.. Morce.. Morte.. Morce again.. bah, whatever..

i wonder why you may want a xbow at all...

if you have to take a faction weapon, wolf's bow is a lot better than bb xbow, and (if you exclude the +5 range) is even better than t2 weapons too...
    root of death howl of the pack brace of kuthchemes the serpents pull

and for ammunitions, don't even bother with t1/t2/t3: take them from scarlet circle. both arrows and bolts are the best in game (except t4, of course)...
    the circle's notch barbs of persuasion quiver of black asps spines of repose
    "in the depths of a mind insane fantasy and reality are the same"

Yawgmoth (Ranger) - Nyxathid (Necro) - Yixlid (HoX) - Kaltas (DT) - Heung (BS) - Teysa (HoX) - Gatzu (Guard) - Krovax (Ranger) - Hurkyl (Barb) - Vedalken (PoM)

Wait a few weeks and kill around 10 worldbosses. On Crom that will take you about 2-3 hours, on Fury quite a bit longer.

You will be pretty much guaranteed to have a T1/T2 epic weapon for your class (Not sure if arrows/dagger/sword/shield also drop for ranger). Fastest way to get T1/T2 raidweapons I think and it doesn't cost you rares and there is no chance others will win the roll.

If you are lucky you might also get some cool stuff in the process like T1/T2 raidgear if you don't have epics yet, and even a small chance on a >T3 weapon/accessory. For a new char I find them pretty rewarding to do a few times.

World boss drop those ammunitions too. Never had any shield or sword at the moment. But as said, Scarlet Circle one are far better.
    Water is my bubble
    __________________________________________________ ____
    Religolibri (10) Ranger, trying something else
    Amtihotep (10) Hox, Using copy paste poss/gen feat

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast