Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Crossbow - T2 vs. BB

I'd take the bonus range over damage.
    Keella - LvL 80 BS - PvP 10.50 (Main)
    Lexxiia - LvL 80 Ranger - PvP 7.68 (2nd Main)
    Sskylla - LvL 80 Sin - PvP 4.55 (1st Alt)
    Lexxaa - LvL 80 Conq - PvP 4.20 (2nd Alt)
    Esteell - LvL 80 HoX - PvP 2.05 (3rd Alt)

Quote Originally Posted by m4gg0t View Post
    I'd take the bonus range over damage.
    for pvp, sure!!

but in pve, unluckily the master trapper mechanic forces us to play at melee range anyway, so the +5 range modifier is less important...
    "in the depths of a mind insane fantasy and reality are the same"

Yawgmoth (Ranger) - Nyxathid (Necro) - Yixlid (HoX) - Kaltas (DT) - Heung (BS) - Teysa (HoX) - Gatzu (Guard) - Krovax (Ranger) - Hurkyl (Barb) - Vedalken (PoM)

True, but still
    Keella - LvL 80 BS - PvP 10.50 (Main)
    Lexxiia - LvL 80 Ranger - PvP 7.68 (2nd Main)
    Sskylla - LvL 80 Sin - PvP 4.55 (1st Alt)
    Lexxaa - LvL 80 Conq - PvP 4.20 (2nd Alt)
    Esteell - LvL 80 HoX - PvP 2.05 (3rd Alt)

Bumping this thread with a question in light of the WBs... Is the faction crossbow/bow worth grinding for at all anymore? For most non-casters, weapon dps is more important than stats (I guess hox is the exception), but I haven't played ranger long enough to know if the same is true for ranger. Because getting T2 from WB farming is way easier than getting rank 4 rep and all those rares.

Quote Originally Posted by Argantes View Post
    if he´s a ranger without any T1/2 x-bow, he should go for the quest reward weapon from Yakhmar first, that´s almost a guaranteed epic (unless there are dlcks or like 4 rangers in raid)

then he can start saving for the faction one or hoping for a raid drop, if he feels lucky

ah, and on the OPs subject.. they´re more or less equal dps wise, I guess
    T2 xbow - 139.67 dps with merged stats, less crit and hit rating, but got some crit dmg rating, got +5 range(!)
    BB xbow - 139.55 dps with merged stats, more crit rating and hit rating, but no crit dmg rating, no bonus range
    you cannot simply merge the stats of these both weapons since attack rating bonusses and raw weapon dps are treated differently -> dps delivered by Attack Rating or dexterity will NOT benefit from +%Damage Bonusses (like master trapper) but the weapon's dps will.
    given they are displayed as 125.8 (BB) and 130.2 (T2), the raid xbow should be better .

though the dps numbers in the parenthesis still seem odd~

Quote Originally Posted by Greyloins View Post
    Bumping this thread with a question in light of the WBs... Is the faction crossbow/bow worth grinding for at all anymore? For most non-casters, weapon dps is more important than stats (I guess hox is the exception), but I haven't played ranger long enough to know if the same is true for ranger. Because getting T2 from WB farming is way easier than getting rank 4 rep and all those rares.
    sincea pve rangerhas a couple of %-Damage buffs, dps is more important than stats (given that the t2 weapons still have the must haves hit and crit rating)
    Last edited by potlatch; 12th December 2014 at 18:00.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12