Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dumb Pug Raids

Exclamation Dumb Pug Raids

This has finally gotten to me and it needs to be addressed.
    Why?
    http://static.is-better-than.tv/armo...s_of_dagon.jpg
    What about this screams "Necro only" (and no, the name doesn't count, the "demo" staff doesn't have the word "demo" in the name).
    What about it makes it Necro only? All the stats on it can be used by PoMs, ToSes, Demos and Necros. So why is it a necro only weapon?
    Now, someone could say "why not let barbs or hoxes roll on Conq swords! they can use it!!"
    No, wrong. HoXes use magic damage and not hate. Barbs also don't use hate, which is the main stat on that weapon which makes it specific for a certain class. So that argument doesn't work. Why is this a common thing on pug raids? It's so greedy and unnecessary.
    Now here's another one.
    "why not let DT's roll on guard swords!"
    no, DT's require crit rating to tank (hence VoM) so the guard sword wouldn't be helpful really. There's a reason the DT sword has crit.
    So, can we please stop this crappy rolling system. It doesn't make sense. Next time a pure magic damage tali, dagger or staff drops, let the PoMs, Demos, Necros and ToSes roll on it. Next time the barb or conq 1He drops, let both classes roll on either. Some weapons are meant only for certain classes, no way to avoid this (unless we're talking about t3.5, t4 weapons). Conq 2HE for conqs, Barb 2HE for both. Conq or Barb 1HE for both classes. DT sword for DT's, Guard sword for guards, Intel items for Mages, Wisdom items for pom/tos, Pure magic damage for pom,tos,demo,necro. This rolling system is beyond asinine. Basically, the way it should be is, if the class can fully utilize the weapon, LET THEM USE IT.
    Last edited by Mercenarie76; 16th February 2014 at 18:09.

You ask for enlightenment then fall into same trap by describing conq or barb 1he.

Stop QQ and make your own pug raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Bibik View Post
    Stop QQ and make your own pug raids.
    No         

So you have to accept loots rules as they are commonly accepted

Raidleader sets the rules. He is responsible who can roll on what kind of weapons.

Either you agree or you don't join/leave. If you don't like them then make your own pug raids.

A argument could be made that it is a necro staff due to fatalities that trigger the frozen hatred.

A better argument would be that it gives everyone equal chances. Now necros/demos have 6 weapons they can roll on (2staffs, 2talis, 2daggers) and pom/tos has 5/6 weapons (1staff/pole, 1tali, 2blunt, 1shield).

Now if pom/tos/(dt?) Could roll on magic dmg items that would give pom/tos 8/9 weapons they can roll on, while demo/necro have priority on just 3.

the "class bound weapons" are an ancient relic from the first 1-2 years of AoC when weapons were actually class bound, saying on the item, if its for barb or pom or whatever. that was, how ever, removed for a reason. yet most pug raid leaders try to shove that weapons script down your throat and (try to) enforce the rolls based on classes.

you can roll need on that staff if you are pom, tos, necro or a demo, its a very good staff and you should not pass it when you have chance to get it.
    Now someone will come and tell me and everyone that the raid leader sets the rules on his/hers raid but its clearly against common sense to follow that idiotic weapon script.

ppl are dumb, why i cant take barb axe for conq?
    u guys should really ask yourself, why is that staff only for necro? who says that? where do u see it? IN SOME 5 YEAR OLD INFO? class weapons were removed ages ago, so stop bitching
    The Law

And that's why raidleaders need to watch out. Recently had a DT roll highest need on the barb axe in one of my raids while I told barbs have priority and others could only greed if they wanted it.

Cancel rolls -> kick DT -> hand out loot to highest barb rolling. Watching him rage in global and tells was just epic xD. If you don't want to raid by my rules then just *** leave already.

I could relate to the barb since I did every T2 for more then half a year before getting that 1h axe on my barb back in the day.

who are you in-game so i can avoid your raids?
    those who succumb to these ancient raid leader rules should grow some balls

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast