Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Getting wrecked in Dragon's Spine.

Quote Originally Posted by Shax84 View Post
    In Isle of Iron Statues save Tome of Epithur for the Spider boss. Can be tricky on a necro without that.
    No problems soloing IoIS but thanks for the tip mate

Quote Originally Posted by Maly View Post
    I thought general of the dead and frenzy would fix all survival issues for necro?
    Most of the situations, yes. But not in Dragon's Spine
    Still struggling at the one of the first quests where you need to defend the first camp against a few waves of those Sand 'whatever' things.
    I spellweave before wave one,use Frenzy and tome of Epithur and they still wreck me, after that, wave 2 is coming but at that time i am already dead.
    First i let the guards aggro the enemies, and i'm trying to kill them 1 by 1, but they hit so damn hard that i am to late for the next wave or die.
    Ofcourse some people can help me, but i like it when i can take things on solo.

Quote Originally Posted by Marienbean1988 View Post
    No problems soloing IoIS but thanks for the tip mate

Most of the situations, yes. But not in Dragon's Spine
    Still struggling at the one of the first quests where you need to defend the first camp against a few waves of those Sand 'whatever' things.
    I spellweave before wave one,use Frenzy and tome of Epithur and they still wreck me, after that, wave 2 is coming but at that time i am already dead.
    First i let the guards aggro the enemies, and i'm trying to kill them 1 by 1, but they hit so damn hard that i am to late for the next wave or die.
    Ofcourse some people can help me, but i like it when i can take things on solo.
    for the attack quest maybe just try to get someone to help you .. I´ve done it on necro and some other classes, but then I was there with some other alt (can´t remember what was it), which prolly had to manouver a bit more and iirc the quest always failed because either I stood on the very 1x1m spot and died, or I moved a bit and quest stated I´ve failed
    aka Morte.. Morce.. Morte.. Morce again.. bah, whatever..

this defend the camp quest is pretty hard for some classes, get some help there. besides that dragon spine is not really hard and a necro should have no issues if played properly (use ccs,frenzy pet and so on)

Bit more practice on the necro and you'll romp the place. Pull wisely, use cc's, general of the dead and frenzy pet and kite if you have to. Three arcanists and a couple of melee pets for frenzy duties works at kiting and frenzy.

Focus on the one with least health, reducing enemy numbers quickly means less damage on you.

Quote Originally Posted by Slith View Post
    But worry not! Once you beat the 3-4h quest chain you won't ever have a reason to set your foot in this bull **** zone.
    /signed

Do the story guest chain and get out fast! Return only for the dungeon runs. So sad.
    Emirri - Dark Templar
    Naerri - Herald of Xotli, Arrienne, Argene, Barbeena, Conqubinne, Shaniz, Shinzei, Laylani and Dorela

Quote Originally Posted by Marienbean1988 View Post
    just for the record, that quest is not part of the storyline, so you can just delete it...

in case you really want to do it anyway, i think your best bet is to use blood arcanists (aoe pets that will also heal you a bit) and feat infestation (to spread ftw faster). and don't forget to use your cc's!!
    "in the depths of a mind insane fantasy and reality are the same"

Yawgmoth (Ranger) - Nyxathid (Necro) - Yixlid (HoX) - Kaltas (DT) - Heung (BS) - Teysa (HoX) - Gatzu (Guard) - Krovax (Ranger) - Hurkyl (Barb) - Vedalken (PoM)

Quote Originally Posted by Yawgmoth-VDN View Post
    and feat infestation (to spread ftw faster)
    Ìnfestation doesn't spread FtW. It spreads a smaller version of the dot. You can use Plague Swarm to spread FtW.

Quote Originally Posted by Shax84 View Post
    Ìnfestation doesn't spread FtW. It spreads a smaller version of the dot. You can use Plague Swarm to spread FtW.
    whatever... normal mobs die so fast that it barely makes a difference...
    but to have a dot on them helps to redirect pets when the current target dies...

Yawgmoth (Ranger) - Nyxathid (Necro) - Yixlid (HoX) - Kaltas (DT) - Heung (BS) - Teysa (HoX) - Gatzu (Guard) - Krovax (Ranger) - Hurkyl (Barb) - Vedalken (PoM)

Of course, its just a discussion to spend 5 points to do it or one point and at the same time get a potent damage spell and spreading the full dot which improved by Blasphemy as well.

are you trying to start controversy, shax??

btw, this is the build i use for questing (link) and to feat plague swarm i should give up a point on the devourer. moreover, plague swarm is an extra cast, while infestation spreads passively...
    of course you are entitled to have your own opinion, but this build works very well for me...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast