Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: [About to quit] Alright Funcom lets talk Europeans and Ping!

Quote Originally Posted by Argantes View Post
    sir, you´re just clueless.. I would dare to say, that if you haven´t played AoC in ~50ms conditions, you haven´t played AoC in it´s pure, uncorrupted form

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TwCL4YcbTM
    You are just looking for excuses for your fail and you're not addressing the issue.
    I've yet to hear who the OP is at such a 'significant' disadvantage to with his 100-200 pings.
    Now toddle off.

Quote Originally Posted by Xamaron View Post
    I dont know why euros whine about playing on 200ms, seriously learn to predict.

I live in albany australia and i play on between 320-380ms latency and i do very well in minis because i have learnt to adapt.

Sure its playing aoc on hard mode but 200 is no where near 350, so i really dont know why they whine about it so much.
    Don't tell Argantes. He couldn't cope with the pings you clearly cope with.

my statement is now more valid than ever.. you´re just clueless. also if Saints "seal of approval" isn´t enough proof for you, nothing ever will, so I just rest my case.

oh and yes, "i play on between 320-380ms latency and i do very well in minis because i have learnt to adapt" should be cut in stone, coz it made my day and the next one.. and will make the next 365 of them..
    Last edited by Argantes; 17th February 2014 at 14:44.
    aka Morte.. Morce.. Morte.. Morce again.. bah, whatever..

my statement is now more valid than ever.. you´re just clueless. also if Saints "seal of approval" isn´t enough proof for you, nothing ever will, so I just rest my case.

oh and yes, "i play on between 320-380ms latency and i do very well in minis because i have learnt to adapt" should be cut in stone, coz it made my day and the next one.. and will make the next 365 of them..
    You're a necro.

I play with 130 - 250ms often from the UK, and I can still dominate at PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Azmith View Post
    You're a necro.
    at the time of the server move I was playing and PvPing with my sin.. (but sometimes you can feel the difference on necros instacasts as well, nothing gamebreaking, tho)
    Last edited by Argantes; 17th February 2014 at 17:49.
    aka Morte.. Morce.. Morte.. Morce again.. bah, whatever..

at the time of the server move I was playing and PvPing with my sin.. (but sometimes you can feel the difference on necros instacasts as well, nothing gamebreaking, tho)
    I used to have an absolute **** ISP a while back, was averaging 150-200 MS, and was still able to wreck face on my sin. It's not ideal, no, but it's not insurmountable by any stretch. 250-350 is where you really suffer.

i guess is worse there than it says, but i actually play at 110ms to 180ms in the west coast with no problems, pvp isn't a problem for me.

but i suppose you are used to 50ms.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumbo View Post
    I just tried one of those VPN service (I won't name it), it has a free trial. I went from 320ms stable to 308ms very unstable (spikes at 700+ every 2s). Note that the closer server they had for me was about 10.000 km away from my home. And that's direct distance, the real distance being probably more like 16.000 km.

Conclusion: not good for me.

For pvp, high latency just make things impossible. I'm not even sure predicting the movements works correctly in this game. It failed so many times for me even if I predicted correctly.

When someone is running away from me and I sprint to him, I can follow him and actually touch his body (can't get any closer) but if I try to hit, I miss. The reason seems to be that when on my screen I'm right behind him, on the server side I'm 300ms away from him (a few meters), so I can't reach him with a melee weapon. But the twist is I can't get any closer as my game client refuses to let me go 'through' him: I will just bump onto his misplaced body. Even the bombs at start in Malice are a big challenge for me, and their movement is extremely predictable (straight forward, constant speed)...

It's hard for people like us, the poor guys with a high latency, to realize how the game is much easier with a decent ping. It involves moving to a better place. But it's very easy for you guys with 50ms to understand the issue: just make a socks proxy to a friend's computer, then you will enjoy AOC with a 500+ latency
    U nailed it! Client-Server-Predcition is just very very bad in AoC, prolly due to massive spaghetti code and low server fps. So even if u predict properly, don't expect to hit anything reliably.

Just change directions quickly to get outta sync, people will barely hit u... I bet Fa!lcom hasn't even noticed that this problem even exists . They are prolly still partying about their brilliant move of relocating their servers to another service-provider to save 300 bucks/month while losing XXXX active subscriptions due to the elimination of ANY competitiveness from the game due too massive lag...

Quote Originally Posted by Belaf View Post
    I play with 130 - 250ms often from the UK, and I can still dominate at PvP.
    That a TTS-ranger isn't affected much by the epic laggyness prolly won't surprise anyone...

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567