Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: [About to quit] Alright Funcom lets talk Europeans and Ping!

i live near the US and my ping is around 150ms

Quote Originally Posted by Gwahlr View Post
    How are we gonna do this?

I still play in the EU, am playing this game since launch and have just come back after Rotgs and have noticed the servers are merged and my ping is crazy high.

The game is now an US only game. Not basicly, it is an US game. The servers are in the US.

I can not play PvP here with a ping of 100-200ms. If the most basic thing is not met in a competitive game, which is a proper low ping, then one just quits. I am not masochistic.

That is the same like shooting a canon and calculating in gravity (regular ms) while having also calculating in wind (+ms) that pushes the projectile far off the track. While this would be no issue if all the opposite players also would have wind, but apparently they only have regular gravity.

I play this game for PvP reasons and my intuitive reaction now is: Quit the game. Can this be it?

Such a sad thing isn't? Because apart from all those other MMOs I have played over the years, AoC made me come back due to it's original combat system, fitting artdesign and animation quality. And now I have to say goodbye because of this reason that my ping is so high and I can not continue what I once loved to do in this game: Play competitive PvP.

How are we gonna do this? Keep it like this? See all EU players completely saying 'byebye'? There are not much players from here left on the servers and that is a sad sad thing.

Any solution to fix the ping or was that it?

Pings:

US-East (Virginia) 154 ms
    US-West (California) 186 ms
    US-West (Oregon) 196 ms
    Europe (Ireland) 54 ms
    Your jokeing right? 100-200 stop crying
    [Azmiith]: I don't know what hurts more for Rakdos... Losing three sieges in a row, being too wuss to premade vires, or getting owned by a bunch of role players?

Anyone complaining about a ping between 100 and 200 is talking out of their hat. You're talking about 1/10th of a second to 2/10ths of a second.

The average human reaction time is longer than that.

What's the ping of the people you're playing against? Deduct that from yours, since I'm guessing theirs isn't zero, and what 'advantage' do they have over you? Nothing in real terms.

What if the ping of the person kicking your butt in PVP is greater than yours? What are you going to blame it on then? Hacking??

The point is valid. And we can feel it in PvE as well, especially on classes with a lot of instant abilities or spells. It is a big difference on instant with a ping of 40-50ms that was what I had before, and with a ping of 160-180ms or more which is what I have now.

Think Demonologist. Fireing off the rapid spells; Hellfire Stream, Shock, Detonation, Bindings of the Skylord, Shock Lance. Five spells with 110-130ms higher latency will take that much longer to execute than with the lower latency. Before, I could do those five spells in under 0,5 seconds. Now, it often takes 1-1,5 seconds. Often lagspikes, and the before instant Hellfire Stream takes a second before you then can use Detonation.

As one of the guys above my post said, in PvP the latency increases with the double of what you have, because you are not fighting stuff that are on the server but other players with possibly higher latency than yourself. It makes it hard to hit with weapons that have small hitboxes like onehanded weapons.

The average human reaction of something you are unaware of is more than 100ms yeah. But I feel pretty aware of things when I play this game, and I can promise you that I do not miss combos because I can't react to hit the button...

The point is not valid because the OP has not provided us with the pings of the people he plays against. If their pings are generally equal or higher than his then what is his complaint about his own ping? His claim remember is he's at a disadvantage to US players.

Of course, if he PVP's against Europeans he's at no disadvantage ping wise.

Even if they're a bit less it's not that much of a difference. If someone has half his ping we're talking 1/20th of a second to 1/10th of a second. Negligible.

I also doubt your claim to cast 5 spells in half a second.

Not a problem at all. All of them but Bindings (0,3 sec cast time) are instant spells bound to <ZXCV, and I can hammer those key pretty damn fast. Shock Lance stack to x5 of course.

If you got 200ms in the USA with the servers being there, I'd say you need to seriously look at a traceroute towards Funcom and see where the delay happens. I live on the west coast of Norway and the route goes through Bergen, Oslo, Copenhagen, Dusseldorf, Amsterdam, London, New York and then to Newark. My ping is 110ms when pinging dm09-nj4.ageofconan.com and in game it varies from 125ms and up to 170ms when servers are having a rough time. World bosses gave latencies of upwards to 500ms with a full zone.

I'm with the OP

I went from 40ms Competitive pvper to now having 150-350 unstable pings and like 400+ in khitai zones like WH?Y the hell does latency to a server change with zone???

Trying to PvP Vs Americans is insanely hard as they hop to make you see them teleport as a pvp tactic and other Euros you actually can have worse as you both have to go back and forth aross the ocean :\

You can almost effectively add two players pings (it isn't simply adding but it isn't far off) communication times and quite frankly, moving the servers to where the minority play from put another nail in the coffin.

PvP is very frustrating having to GUESS where enemies are about to appear lol

Turning+sprint-jumping is VERY much like the old double tap+change-direction exploit you could do, then add on top of that the combofinisher jump exploit.

PvP goes from one exploit to another :\

BTW those of you that have NO sense of time scales 300ms is my communication time to the server...
    this is 0.3 seconds and this is some cc cast times aswell as nearly 0.5s latency to some other players

0.5s in AoC pvp is quite a long time on an assassin with dagger range and 14-17% armour with 7.5-8.5k hp that dies in two ranger arrows or 2 melee combos! Life span toe-to-toe with a foe is like 2-5 seconds 300ms is a chunk of that!

GG
    Funcom's Latency Detonation crits you for 4800 millisecond damage. Claret died.

Quote Originally Posted by Jota180 View Post
    Anyone complaining about a ping between 100 and 200 is talking out of their hat. You're talking about 1/10th of a second to 2/10ths of a second.

The average human reaction time is longer than that.

What's the ping of the people you're playing against? Deduct that from yours, since I'm guessing theirs isn't zero, and what 'advantage' do they have over you? Nothing in real terms.

What if the ping of the person kicking your butt in PVP is greater than yours? What are you going to blame it on then? Hacking??

sir, you´re just clueless.. I would dare to say, that if you haven´t played AoC in ~50ms conditions, you haven´t played AoC in it´s pure, uncorrupted form

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TwCL4YcbTM
    aka Morte.. Morce.. Morte.. Morce again.. bah, whatever..

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast