Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: [About to quit] Alright Funcom lets talk Europeans and Ping!

Exclamation Funcom, lets talk Europeans and Ping!

How are we gonna do this?

I still play in the EU, am playing this game since launch and have just come back after Rotgs and have noticed the servers are merged and my ping is crazy high.

The game is now an US only game. Not basicly, it is an US game. The servers are in the US.

I can not play PvP here with a ping of 100-200ms. If the most basic thing is not met in a competitive game, which is a proper low ping, then one just quits. I am not masochistic.

That is the same like shooting a canon and calculating in gravity (regular ms) while having also calculating in wind (+ms) that pushes the projectile far off the track. While this would be no issue if all the opposite players also would have wind, but apparently they only have regular gravity.

I play this game for PvP reasons and my intuitive reaction now is: Quit the game. Can this be it?

Such a sad thing isn't? Because apart from all those other MMOs I have played over the years, AoC made me come back due to it's original combat system, fitting artdesign and animation quality. And now I have to say goodbye because of this reason that my ping is so high and I can not continue what I once loved to do in this game: Play competitive PvP.

How are we gonna do this? Keep it like this? See all EU players completely saying 'byebye'? There are not much players from here left on the servers and that is a sad sad thing.

Any solution to fix the ping or was that it?

Pings:

US-East (Virginia) 154 ms
    US-West (California) 186 ms
    US-West (Oregon) 196 ms
    Europe (Ireland) 54 ms
    Last edited by Gwahlr; 11th February 2014 at 20:37.

Not to be a snark, check with the aussies who pvp. Between the crap isps and the distance to the us servers I think their ping is a little worse than EU.
    I don't make points I make dents.

I play on a average of 150+ latency for the past 3 years. Takes some getting used to but doable. Don't expect to top kills in every mini though.

Best pvp content funcom could bring is getting servers back to europe. Such a fail moving servers to area with 10% of players, still facepalming.

I have similar (if not worse) pings in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by Unutterable View Post
    Not to be a snark, check with the aussies who pvp. Between the crap isps and the distance to the us servers I think their ping is a little worse than EU.
    i think there are bit more eu / ru guys who are hindered from this than aussies.... GOD DAMN , always with the aussies..
    The Law

i play with a 350-400 ping from perth australia probably as far away as you can get sure its a little harder but its doable just makes you better at predicting what people do and yes i do top kills in most minis...toughen up princess

well sure its fine if u play caster or something..
    The Law

Quote Originally Posted by Derled View Post
    well sure its fine if u play caster or something..
    my mains a carny conq and i play sin and dt as well its not as easy granted but 120-200 would be awesome if i could have ping like that

I am not sure this is even possible, but many years ago I had a friend that was a contractor in the Middle East. His latency for US based games was terrible, so he and a few others invested in a VPN (Virtual Private Network) or Tunnel. Using the tunnel made games playable but had issues of it's own:

1) Cost - was expensive
    2) Configuration - Not real easy to get everything needed opened up.
    3) Could not host games, we could not "see" him even though he could see us.

What it did for him was it eliminated a lot of "bad" hops across the "backbone" and decreased his ping by about 50%.

Like I said, I am not sure this is possible any more or if it would work/help, but it may be worth looking in to.

As a side note: Once he had the VPN configured and working, he was able to get several other people on it and share the cost.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast