Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: its officail, massively playing Eq1

Quote Originally Posted by Usedtissue View Post
    Troll or not, the people claiming to have cheated made it on the comment boards on massively and they got scared that they would accidentally pick a game that's been cheating. Now we lost out on a great opportunity for the game itself.
    It's not like it's a big deal. AoC is built around end game progression material outside the f2p model, so it's not like most of the people who would have followed massively would have gotten past level 50 or so, decided to sub, and go into higher end game progression 6 months later.

The fact they are trying to rebalance pvp armor and progression and close the gap between unprogressed and progressed players IMO will bring many OLD players who enjoyed the game in past versions back. These are the people who will sub and add to the base, f2p players who just buff the population from time to time and only a handful of them might stay may look good on paper, but really don't do much for the game itself.

They need to market the rebalance of pvp weapons, accessories, and armor and make a point to let new, current, and past players know they are implementing pvp updates, that will bring a huge number of people back to at least look at what they have done and might even retain some, even if combo skipping is still gone and some of the older complaints are still there, I'm sure past pvpers would check out the pvp changes if it was announced outside the forums or games main web page.
    Last edited by Suctum; 7th February 2014 at 14:20.
    Doomsayer 2008

Re-balancing pvp weapons and pvp armour is irrelevant without 2 things. 1: Progression, right now there is nowhere to go and nothing to aspire to gain, no title, rank or prize.

And 2: People may come back TEMPORARILY but they wont stay until the hackers get sorted out. They will leave within weeks of trying the game again.

A perfect example is this: The guy that got caught duping all those shards on Rage, well he's back playing on Rage now and guess what gear and weapons he's wearing... Go look lol.
    Pvp in AOC is Awesome!

Too bad. Watching a complete noob struggle through the first 60, 70 levels of EQ will be intensely boring. She'd need a solid group to see anything interesting and the best stuff is 85 plus. Very unlikely she even gets close to that, especially if she mostly solos.

Versus some streaming of the world boss fights in AoC, aside from anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by K4nnyc View Post
    And 2: People may come back TEMPORARILY but they wont stay until the hackers get sorted out. They will leave within weeks of trying the game again.

A perfect example is this: The guy that got caught duping all those shards on Rage, well he's back playing on Rage now and guess what gear and weapons he's wearing... Go look lol.
    Sure there are hackers in game but is it something gamebreaking? I´ve been playing this game for almost 6 years and yes they are annoying but they are being reported and what more there is less of them than it used to be
    Xuhotl - arcimage of the city of Xuthal in service of great army Futilez - HoX PvP lvl 10
    Bordhi - Khitai legionary - DT PvP lvl 7
    Bahary - vampire and your nightmare - Lotus Sin PvP lvl 7
    Shiwan - the last of Corrags - retired noob Barb PvP lvl 8

Quote Originally Posted by Shiwan View Post
    Sure there are hackers in game but is it something gamebreaking?
    Yes

10 chars
    Pvp in AOC is Awesome!

Default Not surprised

Let he who is without sin, cast the first stone ...

Somehow I doubt any of us here fit the bill. Including Shiwan. I'm not surprised about the results though. I've never really taken the Massively site seriously. What's done is done; enjoy the EQ-stream [HERE].

"Always review over the Social Guidelines before posting on the forums"

"Please put "Illinois ftw" in your reply to ensure you read all of this ..." -VORBIZ-

The whole idea of running a poll to choose a game to place the spotline on is a bit ridiculous anyway. It implies that the game that is already most popular is going to get more votes.

Better if the people at massively chose a game using their own criteria and presented it to their viewers.

Or if you're especially macho... This guy streams EQ high end raids and group stuff.

http://www.twitch.tv/bearforce/

Just came across the EQ-Next site and media associated with it. I have to say; Though it looks a lot like a Disney Studio artist worked on it - The core game-play is pretty cool.

"Always review over the Social Guidelines before posting on the forums"

"Please put "Illinois ftw" in your reply to ensure you read all of this ..." -VORBIZ-

Quote Originally Posted by Daynan View Post
    The whole idea of running a poll to choose a game to place the spotline on is a bit ridiculous anyway. It implies that the game that is already most popular is going to get more votes.

Better if the people at massively chose a game using their own criteria and presented it to their viewers.
    Nothing worse than seeing a news feed that says 'this is what everyone's reading, so you should read it too!'. Pretty much what you're saying =P

Makes me want to go read something else instantly because it sounds like it's an article with the highest paying advertisers in it.

Thankfully I run adblockers, script blockers to stop referrals and a host of other plugins so no one gets paid until I give them my money based on merit for that aspect.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast