Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Killing Drostan As Sin

Default Killing Drostan As Sin

Is there a way to kill Drostan in DMH? So far I am unable to defeat his army of rats. I can kill the first wave with Avatar running but then he starts casting the rats spell again after a while! Can the rats spell be interrupted? Please let me know how you have defeated Drostan as Sin.
    Thanks

http://aochideout.blogspot.no/2012/0...mans-hand.html

Quote Originally Posted by Slith
    Drostan and the Vesp are pretty much tank and spank (no need to use the intended mechanics). When fighting Drostan save your avatar for when he will summon his rats, then activate avatar and use Death Whirlwind. You will leech absurd amounts of health this way.
    Of course, Slith was likely in superb gear while writing that guide.
    Operator irc.funcom.com:6667 #ageofconan #thesecretworld
    We rode on the winds of the rising storm,
    We ran to the sounds of the thunder.
    We danced among the lightning bolts,
    and tore the world asunder
    Dysphoria - Murky Templar - Icoyce - Herald of the Black Kraken - Eriphyle - Shebearman

Quote Originally Posted by SinViper View Post
    Is there a way to kill Drostan in DMH? So far I am unable to defeat his army of rats. I can kill the first wave with Avatar running but then he starts casting the rats spell again after a while! Can the rats spell be interrupted? Please let me know how you have defeated Drostan as Sin.
    Thanks
    Save your DWW for when they spawn. They die easily but for a single target class like sin can be a headache. I'd go DWW for first wave, Aod for second, DWW should be back up by third. If you need something by wave four, maybe spec dull pain and on a sin if you can't burn him down by then you may need to reevaluate your rotations.
    I don't make points I make dents.

I did it in full Brittle Blade. Never learned the intended mechanic so I am afraid I won't be helping here much.
    Retired

Four waves of rats?? Seems like a long time to kill that boss. Unfortunately both Isle of Iron Statues (spider) and Dead Mans Hand (Drostan) more or less requires you to spec Avatar of Death to leech life and survive.

I just killed Drostan (was lucky to get him I guess). For start just plant GC+SS on him, SDS+Dart, SS9, wait for rats, run behind him, activate AoD and just nuke rats and Drostan.
    Last edited by Shax84; 3rd February 2014 at 06:56.

That was my point. A sin in blues or t1 purples should be able to burn droston within 3 waves of rats cycling the bomb and swift strikes using DWW and AoD to survive. If they go beyond 4 waves there is something wrong with the rotation.
    I don't make points I make dents.

When he casts his rat minions, jump on top of the catapult at the far end of the ship, most rats will fall back to him. Jump down kill a couple rats then work on droston. Rinse, repeat.

If you start taking too much damage, hide behind the catapult to break line of sight - this can also be used to reposition Droston.

If you don't play with DWW/GB (and AoD eventually) it is almost impossible except if you exploit out the boss (SDS + lotus dart, die, rez, the boss don't reset by the dot, run back to the ship, from the darkness, finish him).

Quote Originally Posted by Unutterable View Post
    That was my point. A sin in blues or t1 purples should be able to burn droston within 3 waves of rats cycling the bomb and swift strikes using DWW and AoD to survive. If they go beyond 4 waves there is something wrong with the rotation.
    Got decent gear on my sin, mostly khitai but two blues, and I killed Drostan this morning halfway through the cast of "Cheating rat".

I kill him relatively easy (2-3 waves of rats) with full BB gear and T1 daggers. Just go behind of boss and stick your back on the door in order not to get flanked by rats. I use avatar of death when my health is about 50% + whirling at rats and I full health right away.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast