Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dragon Spine

DS is a flop. Outside the two 6 mans and the one time you'll do the main quest on each character you really have no reason to be out there.

The repeatable quests are lame, and other than some blue quest pots(which I'm not sure are repeatable), there is really nothing to do out there other than run to the 6 mans and use the gear vendor.

I can see some activity when they release Centriss, but all it's going to be is people forming up for raids, so unless your on Fury where you can pvp them it's the same as people running to a 6 man.

Basically the solo content out there is not worth people coming back by themselves, and groups will go straight to their instances, so your left with a dead zone.
    Doomsayer 2008

Dragon Spine is one of the best parts of the game dialogue-wise. I would recommend it to anyone to submerge into the atmosphere of the southern region. Tortage, Dead Man's Hand, and Dragon Spine are worth replaying mainly because of the conversations and wording.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticAsylumLA View Post
    Dragon Spine is one of the best parts of the game dialogue-wise. I would recommend it to anyone to submerge into the atmosphere of the southern region. Tortage, Dead Man's Hand, and Dragon Spine are worth replaying mainly because of the conversations and wording.
    of all the things to contemplate in the world, your average person on this planet wont spend hour upon hours to just look at dialogue screen, 'wording'(even if it truly was that special) isnt enough to make the zone profitable for FC imo

And that's what is ****ed up about so many mmo players. I have lost count on how many times I had to sit there giving detailed explanation about The Crawling Chaos Questline in Dragon spine, simply because the average mmo player can't be bothered with reading!!!

Should I laugh or cry?

Anyway, The CC questline is good and really makes a mockery of all the clueless wonders playing the game, which is fun. They all want the FLUTE!!!! But can't ****ing read... Ignorance at it's finest...
    Barb: Thomaran
    Hox1: Mweru
    Dt: Haikuju
    Hox2: Shugorann
    Tos: Nephertites
    Sin: Leogetz
    Necro: Viggomortis
    and others...

"The sky is green. It is because I say it is. And because I said it on the internet."

1 1 1 1 1 1

where´s mah flute, bro?
    aka Morte.. Morce.. Morte.. Morce again.. bah, whatever..

Personally I never go to dragon's spine because of the constant jumping from mobs. There's never any room to breathe, and the snakes that put the 45% evade chance or however stupidly high that it is makes them impossible to hit is a bit of a turn off as well.

Quote Originally Posted by AngryBarb View Post
    And that's what is ****ed up about so many mmo players. I have lost count on how many times I had to sit there giving detailed explanation about The Crawling Chaos Questline in Dragon spine, simply because the average mmo player can't be bothered with reading!!!

Should I laugh or cry?

Anyway, The CC questline is good and really makes a mockery of all the clueless wonders playing the game, which is fun. They all want the FLUTE!!!! But can't ****ing read... Ignorance at it's finest...
    This is all true. But despite what people say about how much they hate faction grind (and love story missions)it is still one of the main activities they do...because faction grind simply pays off. Its simple - you know you have a task ahead of you and if you spend certain amount of time doing this task(s) you will get rewarded for it (faction gear). So populating DS with faction is the answer.

Btw. Funcom did exactly what was asked by players in some survey. Players wanted elaborate story plots...it all looks good on paper and people enjoy it for 1st time. But its simply not MMO material, MMOs should thrive on replayable content.

EDIT:
    Also I would love to get more social "loitering" places there where I can AFK safely. The problem is there are mobs even in some excavator camps which is ridiculous. Plus removing some really annoying mobs on the main traveling routes would helo a lot. F.e. that ridicoulous camp full of bandits in the narrow passage on the way to Sepulcher.
    Last edited by Naerri; 31st January 2014 at 12:07.
    Emirri - Dark Templar
    Naerri - Herald of Xotli, Arrienne, Argene, Barbeena, Conqubinne, Shaniz, Shinzei, Laylani and Dorela

Quote Originally Posted by AngryBarb View Post
    Screw them. They don't deserve the flute (or anything else).

If FC didn't stagger Dragonspine's release, we'd still be waiting for it. And this latest burst of developmental activity with unchained dungeons and pvp balancing wouldn't likely exist because they'd be under pressure to finish Dragonspine.

Has Funcom ever stated their plans for this zone outside of the new raids? Repeatable content with actual rewards would be nice here to give a very welcome break from Khitai.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamVernia View Post
    Has Funcom ever stated their plans for this zone outside of the new raids? Repeatable content with actual rewards would be nice here to give a very welcome break from Khitai.
    The should have added some faction stuff, that way people would have a reason to go there regularly other than doing it 1 time for the questline, then running thru it to the 6 mans.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast