Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: EVE-Online breaks another record

Reminds me of a huge battle me and my guild had back in AoC luanch. About 80 vs 100 in Connall's valley

Quote Originally Posted by candybandito View Post
    Some of your friends are twats, Petri.
    They really are.
    Drunkskunk (Sin) - Petridish (ToS) - Gwarnath (BS) - Tomatohawk (DT)

Quote Originally Posted by Slith View Post
    from video alone it looks super boring 0_o 14h of static ships going pew pew?
    Haha yeah it doesn't look as exciting as it sound. But it's still epic in some way.
    Water is my bubble
    __________________________________________________ ____
    Religolibri (10) Ranger, trying something else
    Amtihotep (10) Hox, Using copy paste poss/gen feat

Stories like this make EVE sound fun ...

.. until you learn what the game plays like at 10% speed. Probably Fun while watching TV I guess.

I've been playing eve since i quit aoc. Large fleet battles aren't for everyone and are just as much about politics as they are about the actual gameplay.

I had a look at this game today..it looks like a cheap version of Swtor.. and kids love it? oh well..*shrugs*

I've watched gameplay videos, listened to friends talk about it and watched a bit of that livestream, as well as some others, and... I've yet to understand Eve's appeal.

On the other hand I never liked Starcraft, Diablo 2, GW or GW2 either. Some of the most popular games of all time.

Thousands of players battling it out sounds epic, sure. But not so much at 10% speed. The gameplay videos I've seen looked extremely slow even at normal speed. Granted that could just be the person who was playing.

The whole spreadsheet thing is a huge minus for me as well. Though that's probably a personal preference and dependent on the person.

Gathering resources is something I can't bring myself to do in any game and that seems like a huge part of EVE. I don't do tradeskills either. TSW got the tradeskill thing pretty much perfect for me.

15 dollars a month to train skills is... a huge turn off as well. A number of people I know rail against pay to play mmos, GW2's model is the greatest thing ever they say, yet they keep paying 15 a month for EVE, for years... while not even playing it, just to train skills.

Then the culmination of all the havesting, building and partnering is to take your ships out, get them blown up and start over. Not to mention that 3am phone call to get up and protect your make believe space station, or whatever, along with having to skip work or your side loses. Quite frankly this strikes me as having a touch of obsession, maybe even borderline insanity, to it.

Now I'm under no delusions that I'm actually accomplishing or building anything in a video game. It is a complete waste of time regardless, no argument. But I don't want my end game gear deleted over and over and over as a common play element either. Though that's mostly due to the fact that I'm not going to do everything over again to get it back.

Don't take this the wrong way. I'm not saying it sucks or that you're stupid for playing it, etc. Just my impressions based on what I've seen without actually having played it.

Quote Originally Posted by Thainster View Post
    I had a look at this game today..it looks like a cheap version of Swtor.. and kids love it? oh well..*shrugs*
    More like Swtor is a cheap, webbrowser flash version of EVE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angellis
    Off-topic: I would pay a lifetime sub if FC changed the name of Strike to Guard to the "Oh sh*t" combo! The tooltip could read: "The guardian realises they are now in over their head, and, having soiled themselves, are less likely to receive attention from their target."

This week in eve online...

https://forums.eveonline.com/default...posts&t=317344

Compare that with the development output of Funcom. They've done more updating in the last month or so than Funcom has done in the past few years.

Eve may not be your cup of tea but at least they "support" their game.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast