Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Marketing

Default Marketing

Funcom has decided to work on the pvp mechanics of the game, to justify that investment i personally think ADVERTISEMENT focusing on these new mechanics would go a long way to reaching so new play-mates.

That being said, i do think pvp has a way to go to appeal to the pvp market. Successful pvp games right now have a ton of stats in them. Moreover, completing objectives and obtaining kills has sense to the overall gameplay, in AoC i can simply say that when i go for the flag i die more often then if i pat my kdr(in LoL, objectives means more dps and survivability, territorial advantage)(in CoD, getting kills and not dying wins you games). All this to say: fix the minigames, give us plenty of stats and probably an acheivement system, balance the classes release unchained, market the product.
    Last edited by camilleboucquill; 29th January 2014 at 23:13.

Yeah reward for assist, lots of stats etc...we already talked about that.
    But about the topic, who would not want to try the game after seeing a professionnal video with fatalities in pvp ? ^^
    Water is my bubble
    __________________________________________________ ____
    Religolibri (10) Ranger, trying something else
    Amtihotep (10) Hox, Using copy paste poss/gen feat

someone has gotta make it, give it a go reli

i mean sword and board fatalities on ranger is pretty badass

word of mouth. funcom's reputation.

it's bad. there is no good reason for a new players to start (and pay 15 dollars per month) or for old players to return.

companies and ppl are different, changes in management can go a long way....

Biggest company right now, Apple, wasn't doing so well until Steve Jobs took control and revamped the business model

Quote Originally Posted by camilleboucquill View Post
    companies and ppl are different, changes in management can go a long way....
    It's substantially harder to change the public's perception of, and the reputation of, a company, regardless of whether the personnel have changed in between.

Case in point: Attitude towards Funcom, attitude towards Microsoft, and so on.
    Drunkskunk (Sin) - Petridish (ToS) - Gwarnath (BS) - Tomatohawk (DT)

Quote Originally Posted by Petridish View Post
    It's substantially harder to change the public's perception of, and the reputation of, a company, regardless of whether the personnel have changed in between.

Case in point: Attitude towards Funcom, attitude towards Microsoft, and so on.
    ppl tend to forget rather fast actually, id say september 11 2001(and its supporters), and hitler are one of the rare things the united states truly resonates to and will go against without any second thoughts

ppl tend to forget rather fast actually, id say september 11 2001(and its supporters), and hitler are one of the rare things the united states truly resonates to and will go against without any second thoughts
    Lulwot?

10 chars

Quote Originally Posted by Gwartisan View Post
    Lulwot?

10 chars
    well what?

well what?
    What what in the butt!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast