Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MMORPG subs numbers from wsj

Quote Originally Posted by TommySalami View Post
    interesting, AoC better population than I thought. But man I miss those days of 800K in 2008. What is even more shocking is why so many people are playing SWTOR. That's a lot of subs.

http://www.gamerheadlines.com/wp-con...01/Dancey1.jpg
    Whats the source? And why wouldnt people play SWTOR? Its a solid game with stable content updates and very nicely working F2P model.
    Emirri - Dark Templar
    Naerri - Herald of Xotli, Arrienne, Argene, Barbeena, Conqubinne, Shaniz, Shinzei, Laylani and Dorela

here is the source...Its probably fairly accurate.

Goblinwork’s CEO Ryan Scott Dancey posted a forecast of his own on mmorpg.com yesterday, in response to Paul Tassi’s article. Dancey defended the subscription model of the ESO, stating that paid subscriptions are still viable, as long as done right. He also took the time to post a chart of estimated revenues from various online games, which you can see below:
    The best damn Demonologist this side of the Mississippi.

Quote Originally Posted by TommySalami View Post
    chart of estimated revenues :
    i.e he made some stuff up.

150k ? No.

More like 3000.
    Pvp in AOC is Awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Naerri View Post
    Whats the source? And why wouldnt people play SWTOR? Its a solid game with stable content updates and very nicely working F2P model.
    F2P model ist pure sh.it in SW:TOR. You have to pay for core mechanics like shortcut bars and quest rewards, you even have to pay to equip epic gear.

Ryan Dancey is the guy who engineered the OGL while working at Wizards of the Coast and ex head of marketing for CCP, the makers of EVE online.

Not exactly an amateur.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12