Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Aoc needs a dungeon finder button

Quote Originally Posted by Mellaus View Post
    People just don't run the low level dungeons, that's it.

In a game that old, where 90% of the population is made of veterans, it's not surprising at all.

Basically, it is just very unlikely to find 6 new players of the same level range wanting to do the same dungeon at the same time.
    It does happen of course, but not 24/7 for every single dungeon.

No tool can sort this simple fact, that the influx of new players is very low, which is normal for old MMMOs, even more for AoC with the bad reputation it got, even though it is now a well rounded and mature game most of us love.
    Having leveled up a new character recently, I'd disagree on the population. There are tons of people in these level ranges running around, but they're split between different zones and the newer players don't really know anything about the dungeons, just that they have some group quests. Not to mention on Crom, global is constantly spammed with raid requests, chat moves very quickly and newer players don't know what to watch out for.

we dont need this feature. On the list of things that would be nice to have in game, this is number 25.689 on the list

I have a better solution - remove all the non-80 dungeons and reintroduce them as level 80 dungeons ... who does dungeons while levelling up anyway? You typically blast through the zones ...
    Drunkskunk (Sin) - Petridish (ToS) - Gwarnath (BS) - Tomatohawk (DT)

Quote Originally Posted by Petridish View Post
    I have a better solution - remove all the non-80 dungeons and reintroduce them as level 80 dungeons ... who does dungeons while levelling up anyway? You typically blast through the zones ...
    This is a good point - it's so easy to level to 80 without doing the dungeons now. Back in the day it was relevant because the gear was actually helpful - but not any more.

Yes, you could just make them all 80 dungeons, like the unchained ones. But, even then you need some reason to incentivise people to go there.

When you are leveling up now, what is the point of going to these dungeons? Apart from the experience and fun of doing it, and some nice vanity gear I suppose, not much. You need to give people a reason to go there. The achievements thing will spur some people - completionists will not be able to resist the urge to do them.

Recipes or rare weapon/armor skins for under the new crafting revamp might do. Or maybe something you can gather from each of the dungeons that can be handed in for something good - I mean actually good - once you hit 80 - like a ring or cape or whatever. I don't know what that something is, but you need an incentive. Or at least, more incentive than exists now.
    Yangrin | Yangbear | Krem | Marsheesh | Oforawesome | Pappalegba | Yangryn
    -------------------
    Age of Conan Wiki | Still waiting for Half Life 3 - FU Gabe Newell! / May 2014 Update! It's apparently been "worked on"!!!!! #Sarcasm | PvP approach: The 'Cup of Tea' stratagem. That upon finding myself in a PvP zone & being attacked, I get up, walk away from the keyboard and go and make a cup of tea.

Quote Originally Posted by TommySalami View Post
    I have played for over 100 hours and from 1-75, I was unable to find a group for any of the dungeons under 80. Would try for hours on global. Would always get 2 or 3 but never 6. I missed out on all of those dungeons. All modern MMO's have this feature its becoming a must have.
    During the European evening time, you can get a group anywhere at lower levels. We always do each dungeon several times without any spamming with normal-level groups. I guess the problem is in the US population.

Not everyone prefers to level up alone. I always have raids, groups for low-level instances, and enjoy the content.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

I would like to have Dungeon finder.

When I ask in Global for Onyx or Atzel, I get 2-3 players within 10-20 minutes and then we disband the group because of lack of interested players. I´m pretty sure that you don´t need a dungeon finder for "Kara HM" or so, but I don´t like Khitai-dungeons. So it would be nice to choose a dungeon and get a message when there is a full group for this.
    It is no excusion saying you will have to check classes, levels and equipment. You always have to look for a proper combination of this, even if you are LFG in the global. But with this tool it would be easier and you can have an overlook of instances other players are right now interested in playing.
    Ich ignoriere die Beiträge von Zatochi und gehe daher nicht auf sie ein!

"Ich besteh ja zu 90% aus Ellenbogen und 10% Herz... Und Gehirn natürlich... nochmal 30, 40%. Durchsetzen - mit Charme und Köpfchen!"
    [Stromberg]

Das bin ICH!(That´s ME!) Meine Videos: Ein Tag in KhemiEin Tag in ConarchOutside Khemi

The great thing is that they create unchained instances so people can play thier favorite instances without having to look for a group for a week.

It's sad that it's so little groups with the right level when lvling, but you can always come back to the unchained versions

Quote Originally Posted by Petridish View Post
    Better solution would be to make all of the dungeons under 80 solo instances. Going by the logic that no one bothers to do them anymore, this would get them back into play.

/lfg
    /global

great group finders!

Quote Originally Posted by CueQue View Post
    The great thing is that they create unchained instances so people can play thier favorite instances without having to look for a group for a week.

It's sad that it's so little groups with the right level when lvling, but you can always come back to the unchained versions
    oh , now what is unchained ? I keep hearing that, is that like a solo version of a 6 man for level 80? do you get Blue drops?
    The best damn Demonologist this side of the Mississippi.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast