Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: World Boss pickup

Default World Boss pickup

Due to the hectic Christmas/NY thing, I was rather busy. I managed to fit in a few world bosses here and there, but unfortunately missed most of the event regardless. Especially on Rage. Is it possible to have some sort of once-only disposable quest to forcifully spawn a previous World boss so each toon can happily play along? This way you can organise others to fill the instance up with others doing the same thing witht eh exact same quest all in the name of catching up. And the quest completes death.

Otherwise, I have a quest sitting there doing nothing.

And what happens if I delete the quest and re-acquire it later?

I don't understand why these threads keeps popping up all the time. It have been mentioned three times for each new thread.

You miss one boss and you're one month behind. You miss two and it's two months behind. You should see your quest as your own progression meaning first herald you kill is the first and does then update your quest to kill the first. If you then wait two months it'll be your second.

Don't ever delete your quest unless you want to take it up the arse. It resets your progression completely and can't be restored I believe.

Yeah, they set it up so you'll only ever fall behind the amount of bosses you actually miss - not a whole year. You miss 4 bosses - you'll get it four months later. You miss 7 bosses - you'll get it 7 months later. There will be no 'down time' as such, because you'll be either playing that months boss, or off doing whatever it is that's making you miss that month.

Sounds like what people really need is someone to play the game for them when they are away
    Yangrin | Yangbear | Krem | Marsheesh | Oforawesome | Pappalegba | Yangryn
    -------------------
    Age of Conan Wiki | Still waiting for Half Life 3 - FU Gabe Newell! / May 2014 Update! It's apparently been "worked on"!!!!! #Sarcasm | PvP approach: The 'Cup of Tea' stratagem. That upon finding myself in a PvP zone & being attacked, I get up, walk away from the keyboard and go and make a cup of tea.

Quote Originally Posted by MashMash View Post
    Sounds like what people really need is someone to play the game for them when they are away
    Chinese supposedly do that :X
    Retired

Sorry, but I have seen ZERO mention ANYWHERE of this so called catch-up event happening after the initial year. If I mised it, then so be it. However in my experience, FC aren't exactly changelog-friendly. Loitsa hot-air prior, and then dropped to the kerb.

I'm soooo sorry if I missed it, but can someone provide me with irrefutable evidence that this process was even mentioned somewhere? And to be honest, I wasn't even concerned with myself. The new players who start probably wouldn't mind a chance at grabbing an orange back-flag.

I now have chars with the quest without any progress, with one boss killed progress and with two boss killed progress, depending when i started killing.
    The buff icon you will get is bound to the latest boss for internal reasons i guess.
    I am pretty sure it will work like stated already...if you miss one boss, you kill another at a later time to progress one step in the quest. A catchup or so would only be needed, if the bosses would stop spawning after a year, but it was said too, that they are there to stay and spawn every month.

Yes, and there was what where to say otherwise as to how and how could get the quest if you didn't get to attend?

At the OT library there is a new npc that gives the quest to lvl80 chars. Others need to be alive and hit the boss a few times (at first), maybe longer now (got changed a bit probably). Afaik, it is not shareable.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt2013 View Post
    At the OT library there is a new npc that gives the quest to lvl80 chars. Others need to be alive and hit the boss a few times (at first), maybe longer now (got changed a bit probably). Afaik, it is not shareable.
    Yes, that's the boring method to obtaining the quest. you could just smash the WB. It's also not what I was referring to, however =D

It's not that technically difficult to allow the rest of the world with lives to catch up on a quest that will probably cost us MONTHS in time otherwise to acquire. And some of us still subscribe, so that's a few grains of salt in the wound.

Sounds whiney, I know. It just seems an oversight to me.

Quote Originally Posted by stiiixy View Post
    Sorry, but I have seen ZERO mention ANYWHERE of this so called catch-up event happening after the initial year. If I mised it, then so be it. However in my experience, FC aren't exactly changelog-friendly. Loitsa hot-air prior, and then dropped to the kerb.

I'm soooo sorry if I missed it, but can someone provide me with irrefutable evidence that this process was even mentioned somewhere? And to be honest, I wasn't even concerned with myself. The new players who start probably wouldn't mind a chance at grabbing an orange back-flag.
    There will not be a catch up event you will just have to kill two bosses more next year, so the 12 bosses start from now. The event will run on and on...
    A bocor creates a zombie by walking to his victim's house backward. He sucks out the person's soul through an opening in the door, then quickly blows it in a bottle which is then sealed. Without a soul, the victim wastes away and dies and after burial, the bocur digs up the body and casts a spell over it.

DAWNSONG - Active since 2008

LOVE YOUR DEVELOPERS, THEY'RE REAL PEOPLE TOO.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast