Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Max ranger dps?

Default Max ranger dps?

After rolling a Ranger a few weeks ago, was wondering what kinda dps is possible?

I've parsed 1k dps with blue lvl 80 gear with combat rating (fire) gems, using cheap arrows and Snaketongue. No cape, trader necklace and rings. I'd say close to 2000dps should be possible in T4 gear and spec built for parsing high on single target.

Summoned Straw Man in Khemi with nobody else hitting it.
    Last edited by Shax84; 27th January 2014 at 14:38.

2k dps with ranger??? shax, you are either jocking or you really have no clue of what you're talking about...

the best ranger dps i've ever seen in a parse is about 1.6k, at athir bast, which is the most straight forward (almost) single target dps race,so i'm pretty much sure that it's not possible to do a lot more than that...
    "in the depths of a mind insane fantasy and reality are the same"

Yawgmoth (Ranger) - Nyxathid (Necro) - Yixlid (HoX) - Kaltas (DT) - Heung (BS) - Teysa (HoX) - Gatzu (Guard) - Krovax (Ranger) - Hurkyl (Barb) - Vedalken (PoM)

So the H.o.X. can do more damage than the Ranger on the strawman? This is weird.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

alex, you should have enough experience in this game to know that, in a pure dps race, rangers are behind most of the other dps classes...
    the fights where rangers does their best is where tanks have weak aggro and people has to control their dps, 'cos rangers have very good aggro reduction tools...

as a side note: ranger dps scales very poorly with combat rating. the best way to rise the dps is to focus on cr and cdr...
    Last edited by Yawgmoth-VDN; 28th January 2014 at 06:00.

Yawgmoth (Ranger) - Nyxathid (Necro) - Yixlid (HoX) - Kaltas (DT) - Heung (BS) - Teysa (HoX) - Gatzu (Guard) - Krovax (Ranger) - Hurkyl (Barb) - Vedalken (PoM)

I keep reading peoples posts that "xxx class" combos scales bad with combat rating.

Truth is 36.6 combat rating is 1 dps and that is no way around that fact. The combat rating buff is a flat increase that increases the minimum damage but is unaffected by other buffs. Combo damage is calculated from your dps which contains weapon base dmg + combat rating. Using weapon damage modifiers increases weapon base dmg, while the 1000% dmg multiplier buff in Yag for example increases all your dps but not your combo finisher damage or base spell damage.

Then given that I parsed 950 dps with gear giving me 100 crit rating and 70 crit dmg rating, 4473 combat rating.

While full T4 gives 485 crit rating, 563 crit dmg rating and 6792 combat rating. And 28 more base dps.

While these differences surely will make a higher parse, put a guy that know how to spec and play a ranger the best way to accomplish the highest possible dps on a straw man, and I would not be too surprised to see a number closer to 2k. Any well kitted good rangers picking up the challenge? :-)
    Last edited by Shax84; 28th January 2014 at 09:48.

hm, might check parsers from last weeks T3.. not that I´m a "well kitted good ranger", but hey..
    aka Morte.. Morce.. Morte.. Morce again.. bah, whatever..

Quote Originally Posted by Yawgmoth-VDN View Post
    the best ranger dps i've ever seen in a parse is about 1.6k, at athir bast, which is the most straight forward (almost) single target dps race,so i'm pretty much sure that it's not possible to do a lot more than that...
    Then you havent played with good rangers,for example Dinub a guy that is not playing anymore was able to overdps necros and demos many times doing more than 2k dps in single target fights,and be quite close to them in aoe fights.On athyr bast if I remember correct his best was a bit more than 2,4k dps
    Last edited by zeuss; 28th January 2014 at 09:41.
    IVORY TOWER

Whoa!!! 2k dps does sound a bit far fetched!!! doesn't matter what gear u have.

Would love to see anyone prove me wrong...

Quote Originally Posted by zeuss View Post
    Then you havent played with good rangers,for example Dinub a guy that is not playing anymore was able to overdps necros and demos many times doing more than 2k dps in single target fights,and be quite close to them in aoe fights.On athyr bast if I remember correct his best was a bit more than 2,4k dps
    i've never ever seen any ranger doing anything like that, so i'd need some proof to believe it...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast