Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: open world pvp

Quote Originally Posted by Radek87 View Post
    Nothing to do with open pvp, at last fury will be merge into crom so =)
    I hope it will never happen. There is not reason why it should be merged. We got good population on Fury and people are mostly satisfied.

And I never want again play minies with gimped Crom´s either.

So big NO to ONE SERVER TECHNOLOGY
    Xuhotl - arcimage of the city of Xuthal in service of great army Futilez - HoX PvP lvl 10
    Bordhi - Khitai legionary - DT PvP lvl 7
    Bahary - vampire and your nightmare - Lotus Sin PvP lvl 7
    Shiwan - the last of Corrags - retired noob Barb PvP lvl 8

I would only consider a server merge to Crom if they did ALL of the following:

- Implemented a real Dueling option. One on one anywhere in the world, kind of like in World of Warcraft.

- Made the "cooldown" to go back to PvE mode 1 hour. That means if you switch to PvP mode, you have to wait an hour to change it back.
    - Make the time it takes to switch to PvE mode 20 seconds of not being in combat.

- Increase the PvP XP gained by world PvP kills by 100% (around 300 xp per kill) while also increasing the DR(Dynamic Returns) on kills by 50%(so the second time you kill the same player, the cut off is increased by 50% of what it is now).
    Example: First kill rewards ~300 PvP xp, second kill of the same player would reward ~130 xp, third would reward around 70 xp ect.

- Add a new PvP quest giver to all city hubs that asks the player to kill 20 different players in World PvP. The quest would reward two gold, 5 campaign badges, 20 conquest tokens. This quest would have a 4-10 hour cooldown.

- Removed guards from the game (no point in guards if you willingly opened yourself to PvP action)

- Whenever entering Bori area, you automatically get flagged for PvP with a 4 hour cooldown to returning to PvE mode.

If those above changes were made, I would be fine with a Fury + Crom merge. We would have new PvP content AND new people to fight.
    Last edited by Kogoro; 8th February 2014 at 00:23.
    Nohrin - Stygian Herald of Xolti
    Ubogin - Cimmerian Bear Shaman
    Noxamor - Aquilonian Barbarian

If you are interested in Age of Conan Livestreams, check out my Livestream or better yet follow my Livestream at www.twitch.tv/visoth

Quote Originally Posted by Kogoro View Post
    I would only consider a server merge to Crom if they did ALL of the following:

- Implemented a real Dueling option. One on one anywhere in the world, kind of like in World of Warcraft.

- Made the "cooldown" to go back to PvE mode 1 hour. That means if you switch to PvP mode, you have to wait an hour to change it back.
    - Make the time it takes to switch to PvE mode 20 seconds of not being in combat.

- Increase the PvP XP gained by world PvP kills by 100% (around 300 xp per kill) while also increasing the DR(Dynamic Returns) on kills by 50%(so the second time you kill the same player, the cut off is increased by 50% of what it is now).
    Example: First kill rewards ~300 PvP xp, second kill of the same player would reward ~130 xp, third would reward around 70 xp ect.

- Add a new PvP quest giver to all city hubs that asks the player to kill 20 different players in World PvP. The quest would reward two gold, 5 campaign badges, 20 conquest tokens. This quest would have a 4-10 hour cooldown.

- Removed guards from the game (no point in guards if you willingly opened yourself to PvP action)

- Whenever entering Bori area, you automatically get flagged for PvP with a 4 hour cooldown to returning to PvE mode.

If those above changes were made, I would be fine with a Fury + Crom merge. We would have new PvP content AND new people to fight.
    You don't want the merge. For all the talk about minis running day and night on Crom, the pvp population there is relatively small compared to the actual population, and for the most part most people in minis are not pvpers, even if they think they are.

You would get no open world from 80% of the people that play on Crom, most just complain about raid drama so how do you think they would take dying while running to a 6-man or raid instance. Just a bad idea overall.

Keep making pvp more attractive with the changes that are happening and reward guilds for being pvp guilds and Fury might see a return of US competition outside just one guild there.
    Doomsayer 2008

I am a novice to AoC. So from an outsiders perspective I am stunned that this of all IP's has developed a culture of distaste for non-consensual pvp.

I peruse forums and even on Rage forums all I see are mentions of premades, duels, mini's etc.

AoC is king of esport pvp now? Strange pvp culture here.

Quote Originally Posted by Theonicus View Post
    I am a novice to AoC. So from an outsiders perspective I am stunned that this of all IP's has developed a culture of distaste for non-consensual pvp.

I peruse forums and even on Rage forums all I see are mentions of premades, duels, mini's etc.

AoC is king of esport pvp now? Strange pvp culture here.
    what happened to this game mate, u dont truly want to know

heres a clue: sirloin

Default True true

Quote Originally Posted by camilleboucquill View Post
    what happened to this game mate, u dont truly want to know

heres a clue: sirloin
    He was all sizzle and no steak
    Stygian...the best!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345